Back For Some Indoor & Outdoor Adventures!

I have also decided I am going to grow my outdoor plants in grow bags. I now live in a house that doesn’t have much grow space in the ground. I only have like a 10x8 in ground grow space. Instead of trying to only grow a couple or risk packing to many so close together. I plan on putting my 6 plants in grow bags since I have plenty of room on my concrete oasis. Still trying to decide on the size of bags but I’m thinking around 50 gallons. Should still allow for a pretty large plant while not breaking the bank on soil. I’ve grown in 100 gallons before but the cost of that much soil x6 is something I am not so fond of? I know shed spoke of good yields in 10-20 gallon so I think 50 should be plenty!

So both of those wedding crasher plants that I posted above, the short and tall one are both females and the first two to show pistils (wedding crasher). I could have sworn the taller one was male. I suppose if their is one thing I’ve learned from growing this plant it is this…I still have much to learn lol. The honey banana I’ve had quite a few show pistils. Shouldn’t be long before I know for sure with all of them.

I was going to mention that I don't have enough experience with male plants to pick a typical structure and then you posted that one of the lanky ones was female...takes all kinds obviously!
I’m thinking around 50 gallons. Should still allow for a pretty large plant
Yes. Yes it will. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I know shed spoke of good yields in 10-20 gallon so I think 50 should be plenty!
My biggest pots were 10 gallons until I got too old to carry those around, but my biggest harvests were over 12 ounces, so you should have trees in a 50 gallon.

This is a 20 or 25 gallon pot that @BeezLuiz used a few years back. The plant is as tall as the umbrella, and probably sprouted later as well.

I was going to mention that I don't have enough experience with male plants to pick a typical structure and then you posted that one of the lanky ones was female...takes all kinds obviously!

Yes. Yes it will. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My biggest pots were 10 gallons until I got too old to carry those around, but my biggest harvests were over 12 ounces, so you should have trees in a 50 gallon.

This is a 20 or 25 gallon pot that @BeezLuiz used a few years back. The plant is as tall as the umbrella, and probably sprouted later as well.
Good. You know I like trees :). The hydro store only had 45 gallon so they will have to make due with a Lil smaller pot lol. I also have 65 gallons at home I grew in a few years ago. Could roll the edges down a bit. We will see. Going to install a flood light or something like that to give the extra light they need. Maybe even just one of those single panel led shop lights they have at Home Depot so I can put it on my timer easier. I’ve seen what @BeezLuiz can do for sure in 20-25 gallon. So hopefully the extra dirt pays off. Maybe I’ll throw one in a smaller bag to compare yields. Could be fun

That pic was a Sour Diesel that I grew in a 25 gal pot. It was my very first grow season. It grew to almost 7 ft tall and yielded 31.4 oz (let's call it 2 lbs :cool: ). That was the tallest and highest yielder to date, but I've consciously kept my future grows shorter and in 20 gal pots. My outdoor plants now pretty consistently yield about 1 lb each while I try to keep them under 5 ft tall.

That pic was a Sour Diesel that I grew in a 25 gal pot. It was my very first grow season. It grew to almost 7 ft tall and yielded 31.4 oz (let's call it 2 lbs :cool: ). That was the tallest and highest yielder to date, but I've consciously kept my future grows shorter and in 20 gal pots. My outdoor plants now pretty consistently yield about 1 lb each while I try to keep them under 5 ft tall.
Hell yea dude. I’m just missing my old back yard and 4lb plants in ground lol. I think I’m going to do one in a smaller grow bag just to compare. Most the people I know say anything under 100 gallons outdoors is a waste of time but I will never pay that much for soil for any grow.

I figure I spend about $25-30 for enough fresh soil to fill just one 20 gal pot. No way would I consider filling a 100 gal pot.

Update 3/21.

What’s up fam? Another update here, we have ladies in the tent! But first some things to catch up on. I had 20 plants last update. A couple days ago I called my cousins to come grab some because the tent was over grown. I was having to take them all out just to water them and it was starting to become a pain. I had 9 wedding crashers and 11 honey banana.

I ended up gifting them the wedding crasher and a few honey banana plants. ( I have grown that strain several times already and will probably end up getting clones from them this fall to start my indoor grow. I also really wanted to see what MY seeds can do this year). So I now have 8 honey bananas left of which I will pick my favorite 3 or 4 and grow them outside.

While I was up in sac I stumbled across a Weedmaps Dispensary in the area and found that it was selling seedlings! I have never seen that before, strictly clones is what I was use too. So I had to stop in and get a few. Here’s what I got.

2 x Koda Kush

12C280C7-752D-48D6-A694-53273280072A.png

1 x Sugar Monster

BD7C58D8-5D7F-47D0-B326-2A481ED53B90.png

Honey banana female
768C0857-A6AF-4E18-87F1-21FFB9E10670.png

Topped them all too
954895F8-DDF4-45A1-B58A-17D9C93AEC36.jpeg

Also started a little training, these gals need to be spread apart. I tucked some leaves, tied the bottom nodes to the sides of the pots to get them some light. When they recover a bit from the topping I will also start LST the tops to expose more of the middle of the plant. Trying to get the gals bushy for The outdoor season!
92B6D7D8-D7A3-4B74-9F0B-C2A3BB1DA6FD.jpeg

Also @InTheShed my wife had these string outdoor lights I hung up around my little grow area. You think these will be enough light to supplement till June? Sorry for the bad photo. I couldn’t get a good one without the glare. These photos where at about 10pm the other night
F88C8CEC-A1A1-4C5A-8E91-8ED33A601795.jpeg

38E5A13C-2242-415A-809E-BEAD15E2E274.jpeg

It'll be fun to watch that space fill up with your monster plants! :popcorn:

It'll be fun to watch that space fill up with your monster plants! :popcorn:
I’m having a hard time waiting to put them outside lol. I’ve started seeds outside in March before so I know they are more tolerant to colder temps than what some say. But in terms of being ideal weather for growing I understand. The temp never got below about 65 in my tent and the morning temps around here are between 47-50 right now. It could shock them I suppose. I just know that they will start exploding with growth once they meet the sun. Probably going to start introducing them slowly the next couple weeks to get a taste. Daytime temps are reaching 80
This week so should be a good time to do so! I’m just excited to get the ball rolling

Nice work on the topping and the kind-hearted thinning process! :welldone:

47-50º sounds cold to put out young plants but you could put out one and see how it does after a few nights. If it's good then the rest can follow!

Not sure on those bistro lights in terms of brightness. I'd string them about 3 feet directly over the planting beds to be sure.

And like I tell everyone I hand clones to...quarantine and spray!

Nice work on the topping and the kind-hearted thinning process! :welldone:

47-50º sounds cold to put out young plants but you could put out one and see how it does after a few nights. If it's good then the rest can follow!

Not sure on those bistro lights in terms of brightness. I'd string them about 3 feet directly over the planting beds to be sure.

And like I tell everyone I hand clones to...quarantine and spray!
I’m not going to put them out just yet. I’m just being impatient for someone who’s still in the second month of an 8 month grow season lol. Started my seeds a little early out of excitement. I’m ready, the plants are ready but the weather isn’t.

I was just curious what you thought about the lights. I kinda figured they weren’t enough but would be cool if they worked. I’ll still stick my shop light out there to make sure. Thanks for the input shed. Appreciate it mucho

What’s up guys/gals sorry it’s been a while since my last update. Not a whole lot has changed since the last one. Still Just waiting to be able to put my plants outside lol. I think now by looking at the weather forecast the first week of may seems like the best option. After the next week the night temps are going to be getting into the mid 50’s with daytime temps in the low 80’s. I’ve shut off the heater in my shed which has been running at night last week and temps have got to the low of 59ish and they seem to be just fine. In the next week or two I’ll be starting the hardening off process introducing them to the sun for the first time slowly. I can’t wait to get them into their new large grow bags and see what they can really do. I know their roots have to be filling up those 2 gallons pretty good by now. Once they go outside and the changes are more apparent I’ll be updating more often. Thanks for hanging in there with me. We still have a long way to go!
05839156-254E-409C-8F50-CD84DA57D10C.jpeg

Honey banana after the topping she got a couple weeks ago.
3853FED9-8F1D-44B8-ADA4-99786D33C63A.jpeg

This one has very little lower growth with most of the lowers growing really close to the stem and a lot of just vertical growth. I decided to do a heavier defoil than the others and get rid of the big fan leaves covering the lower stuff. Seems to be responding pretty well so far. Might do this to a couple more of them.
A411B681-EC3D-4C41-8E6E-12E369135A1A.jpeg

Koda kush seedling I picked up a couple weeks ago. Just got topped and will
Be in my outdoor garden this summer for sure.
CD54D562-D20C-4DCC-A985-796077E0FF03.jpeg

Sugar monster seedling also just topped and I am still undecided about this one. Smells bomb from a stem rub but unless it bushes out a bit more I don’t know if it will make the cut. Maybe some more training and full sun will help with that.

9F892F05-D804-4BBF-9354-1FF2A960E8C0.jpeg

Train wreck clone I picked up also got topped. It is clearly the most sativa of the bunch and will probably make my outdoor grow because of that. It’s the only clone I have but the description online says it has a soaring cerebral/uplifting high daytime smoke makes me want to add it for diversity purposes.

Full tent shot. I think I have made my selections of what I will grow outdoors this year. The only question is will it be 2 of the train wreck clones or 1 and the sugar monster seedling. I don’t like to grow so many different kinds at the same time because they always don’t like the same it’s just easier as some can be pickier than others in terms of nutrients and I like to do the same thing as much as possible. So ideally it will be 2 honey banana, 2 koda kush, 2 train wreck
3B39E379-8952-4A56-BBDD-9291E1287316.jpeg

Looks like a healthy stable of plants champing at the bit to get out into the sun! And I'm dropping a Trainwreck in a week for my summer grow too. :high-five:
Awesome. I’ve never grown it before but it’s one of the first strains I ever smoked some 15 years ago. Looking forward to seeing what it can do in my garden. Mine is a dark heart nursery clone I got with the seedlings I bought.

Hey y’all update 4/27

Outdoor season is getting real close! After looking at my local forecast and the absolute lack of room in my tent I’ve decided they are getting planted outside this upcoming weekend (with supplemental lighting of course). I see temps in the upper 70’s to low 80’s during the day and upper 50’s at night.

I will do a longer update when I put them in the ground with my selections for the 6 I plan to grow outside this summer. It will be 2 - honey banana, 2 - koda kush, 2 - trainwreck (clones). I’ve started introducing them to natural light on Monday. First 2 hours of shade , then 2 hours of direct sun the next day. They are currently sitting in the sun now and I am hoping they can last till sunset tonight with no issues.
530CBDAA-4398-44CD-B8C7-B68A574C17A3.jpeg

I also filled up my (6) 45 gallon grow bags with 12 big bags of FFOF. For anyone interested I keep track of everything I spend growing these plants to see what it cost me. Then I figure out how much it cost me to grow each ounce after harvest. It doesn’t matter too much to me it’s just something I just like to know.
6D17039B-770F-4177-8753-B59A99830CA9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom