Bag Seed Babies In 6th Week Of Flower

Sgt Peppercorn

Wow. What a ride. Years ago I used to "johnny Appleseed" and throw seeds in a clear patch and then come back in the fall to see what grew lol. I have to say my first indoor grow has been a great learning experience. I've been through new posts, old posts, and damn near all posts to get a handle on the variables of indoor growing. This site is awesome. I thank you all! Three bag seed plants, looks like 1 indica and 1 hybrid and one sativa. Also lucked out that those "accidental" seeds were all female. They were grown in UN-amended FFOF soil - What I found - was that Fox Farm is not too hot for seedlings and has enough nutrients in it to last your entire veg cycle. However, if you have good drainage and a three gallon cloth pot the soil will be petty much spent as you switch to 12/12. You'll need to top-dress the soil or start feeding your plants nutes at this stage. I ended up with a Magnesium deficiency. Epsom cleared that up as of this week. As I'm in soil and use ph'd tap water that sits for a few days I've never had an issue with Calcium. I couldn't tell you if my girls look good at this stage. First grow and all. Maybe someone here can. I'm giving the girls a 1 - 4 - 7 feeding during flower. A couple more feedings and it's just molasses and water until harvest. Have 2 sunraise LEDS and a 45 watt CFL which sits low in the tent just to help out some of the lower buds. Two fans - one for fresh air intake. Thanks again Everyone!

Attachments

• hybrid 6th week flower 2.jpg
    hybrid 6th week flower 2.jpg
    915.5 KB · Views: 168
  • hybrid 6th week flower.jpg
    hybrid 6th week flower.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 145
  • indica 1 6th week.jpg
    indica 1 6th week.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 165
  • indica 2 6th week.jpg
    indica 2 6th week.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 151
  • sativa 6th week flower.jpg
    sativa 6th week flower.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 163
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 167
Thanks to everyone who took a look and offered an opinion. I'm sure that most of us first timers are hella thankful for this resource! I know I am. Well the 3 bagseed girls are in the finishing stage. 1 sativa that was/is lanky but produced well and is still putting on weight. This was the one plant I topped. The other two indicas look awesome. One of those two topped herself very early on. I let the other indica grow out as is. The indica that topped itself seems to be farther along than the other two plants. This is the first time that I've looked at trichs. Can anyone give me a 'general' idea on how close to harvest she is? She's been flowering for 8 1/2 weeks. I included a couple of pics. Thanks again everyone!

Attachments

• ready1.jpg
    ready1.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 131
  • ready2.jpg
    ready2.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 142
  • ready3.jpg
    ready3.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 140
  • ready4.jpg
    ready4.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 154
  • ready6.jpg
    ready6.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 141
It is somewhat personal taste but based on the amount of amber in the picture I would say it would be ready now. Hopefully others will chime in though

I agree, you don't want them to go to far. waiting for a smoke report from those good looking buds.

Update: I decided to wait. another few days because I figured the trichs that I was looking at were in fact on a sugar leaf. I'm told these are the first to show amber.
Took a few new pics this morning and now I'm pretty sure she is ready to go. She goes into the drying tent in the morning!

Attachments

• indica harvest 1.jpg
    indica harvest 1.jpg
    861.8 KB · Views: 116
  • indica harvest 2.jpg
    indica harvest 2.jpg
    848.7 KB · Views: 104
  • indica harvest 3.jpg
    indica harvest 3.jpg
    871.4 KB · Views: 112
  • indica harvest 4.jpg
    indica harvest 4.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 110
  • lowest bud.jpg
    lowest bud.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 121
Wow. What a ride. Years ago I used to "johnny Appleseed" and throw seeds in a clear patch and then come back in the fall to see what grew lol. I have to say my first indoor grow has been a great learning experience. I've been through new posts, old posts, and damn near all posts to get a handle on the variables of indoor growing. This site is awesome. I thank you all! Three bag seed plants, looks like 1 indica and 1 hybrid and one sativa. Also lucked out that those "accidental" seeds were all female. They were grown in UN-amended FFOF soil - What I found - was that Fox Farm is not too hot for seedlings and has enough nutrients in it to last your entire veg cycle. However, if you have good drainage and a three gallon cloth pot the soil will be petty much spent as you switch to 12/12. You'll need to top-dress the soil or start feeding your plants nutes at this stage. I ended up with a Magnesium deficiency. Epsom cleared that up as of this week. As I'm in soil and use ph'd tap water that sits for a few days I've never had an issue with Calcium. I couldn't tell you if my girls look good at this stage. First grow and all. Maybe someone here can. I'm giving the girls a 1 - 4 - 7 feeding during flower. A couple more feedings and it's just molasses and water until harvest. Have 2 sunraise LEDS and a 45 watt CFL which sits low in the tent just to help out some of the lower buds. Two fans - one for fresh air intake. Thanks again Everyone!
Looks pretty good next run try some training techniques more she looks about 4 weeks away..

So.... the tall lanky sativa went into the drying tent on Friday, the Indica went in to dry on Saturday. Just the hybrid left to go! I topped the sativa early on. The indica had topped herself in a weird way, so when all three were seedlings we decided to let the hybrid do it's own thing and grow like a little Christmas tree and she did! The cola is 16 inches long. She doesn't look ready yet, but once again I'll say it..."what do I know"......
We've got a couple GSC seeds and a BC Big Bud seed germinating for our next run. Here's a look at the last lady at the party......

Attachments

• hybrid 1.jpg
    hybrid 1.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 116
  • hybrid 2.jpg
    hybrid 2.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 126
Update:
Well that was a lot of fun. I'll never forget my first grow lol. Learned a hell of a lot from peeps in this community. Ended up with just a little over 7 ounces between the three bag seed babies. The indica is dense and smells earthy. The hybrid smells like sour cheese and the sativa has a weird pine/funion taste. They've been curing for between 2 and 3 weeks. I just germinated three Purple kush auto-flowers. Going to grow and harvest them in the 2 x 4 x 5 tent while 2 other gsc photos are vegging in the drying tent for 8 weeks. Thank You again to all who helped! I plan on starting a journal for the PK grow next week.

Attachments

• jarred.jpg
    jarred.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 116
  • indica harvest1.jpg
    indica harvest1.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 114
  • ready6.jpg
    ready6.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 115
  • hybrid cola.jpg
    hybrid cola.jpg