BeaverIslander's First Combo Grow - Grand Daddy Purple - PainKiller XL - Blue Blood

If a guy was young and just starting that would for sure be a great machine. At 65 y/o I think I'll keep chugging along the way I have been though. On this small island all of our Beech trees are dying from some disease so there is more wood to cut than what can be processed. It is excellent firewood, just have to get it cut/split/stacked and it'll keep along time. A few years back this 88 year old boy told me he always had three years of wood put up ahead of time in case he broke a hip or something. I took his advice and then needed back surgery, so I was glad I did it, but that could have contributed to the herniated disc too.....I have about three years put up right now but would like to increase that to five when the weather cools down a bit. I like to cut around 50-60 degrees in a flannel shirt...PERFECT.
When thats gone I'll be 70..we'll re-evaluate then :high-five:

I hear you. I have about 4 or 5 more cords worth of rounds to split but the weather in in the mid 90's right now and my MS doesn't like me splitting in that heat. A couple years ago I split a bunch or wood for a tree guy and it was 105. Had a MS relapse a couple days later from the heat. I don't go out and work in that kind of heat anymore. :peace:

:rofl: yeah i know the feeling except i was cutting my own trees down my father in law has his own bunch of land around 25,000m2 or something. It's all up the mountain and all a pain in the ass to gett to and get wood out of dragging it down the mountain like a donkey with a rope strapped to my back had to do 30m2 last year to break even on gas and supplies and smoke took me over 2 months LOL

Around here, the tree guys will drop rounds off for free. They have to pay to get rid of them so they make money by dropping it at my house. :) :peace:

I think the deer tics are worse then the work had 43 of the little bastards sucking on me in one day my wife was picking em off me for hours

After 4 days of sunshine and fresh air.
(Wish I'da taken it before tying the GDP down)
Sat2.jpg

Granddaddy Puprple - back left
PainKiller XL - back right
Afghani Regular (3) - pink pots
Blue Blood - black 8" (planted ~ 30 days after others)

All but the Afghanis are feminized.

Wish I'da measured the GDP before tying it down but it has to be 16"-18" tall, the PKXL is 12".

I was hoping I could leave the Afghani's in these small pots until I could sex them but it's getting kinda tight. Should I put them in bigger ones or wait? I didn't really want to get the other 5 gallon pots set up unless I knew they were female and were going be around awhile.

So it looks like they are doing OK to me, enjoying the natural sunshine and being outside part of the day. I just hope I don't pick up any bugs. Somewhere I read about garlic being a natural repellent so I cut up a clove and put a little piece in each pot, didn't figure it could hurt anything. Are there other things I could put in them maybe before and after being outside?

Maybe just put the afghanis in bigger pots like 1 gallon or so until they show sex. Sucks to invest in putting them in 5 gal ones to find out they are boys. I usually take a cutting and 12/12 it to force flower and figure out the sex. A little one from underneath will do.

Mine is out in the sun today for the first time in a few days. Been rainy, windy and crappy. Almost freezing at night now too.

They all look pretty good and happy out there. :thumb:

L8r

Maybe just put the afghanis in bigger pots like 1 gallon or so until they show sex. Sucks to invest in putting them in 5 gal ones to find out they are boys. I usually take a cutting and 12/12 it to force flower and figure out the sex. A little one from underneath will do.

Mine is out in the sun today for the first time in a few days. Been rainy, windy and crappy. Almost freezing at night now too.

They all look pretty good and happy out there. :thumb:

L8r

I have rock-wool soaking in 5.0 ph water tonight, will take a cutting from each Afghani tomorrow (maybe the PainKiller XL too, just to have an extra.) Thanks for the suggestion.

Just take the cuttings, prepare them as clones and keep under a CFL or something at 12/12. They should show sex in a week or 2. Then if you want to keep any girls put them back with the rest. If you get a nice male you can breed it with a bit of everything and be all stocked up with beans. :)

L8r

Just take the cuttings, prepare them as clones and keep under a CFL or something at 12/12. They should show sex in a week or 2. Then if you want to keep any girls put them back with the rest. If you get a nice male you can breed it with a bit of everything and be all stocked up with beans. :)

L8r
Will do.... But I'm starting to wonder if a person can have "TOO MUCH FUN" growing weed?.....i'm kinda pumped about this procedure..

Redneck Cutting/Cloning Chamber

The top 5" or so was snapped off my GDP this AM. Fortunately I had some rock wool cubes soaked and ready to go. Here's hoping I can get a couple clones off of that as well. I had not planned on topping it, but gotta go with the flow. And yeah, SOMEBODY tried to make a training bend a little too tight!!!

Anyway, now I have some clones and the Afghani cuttings to sex in the same space. This was all I could come up with for a chamber cover but I think it'll work out OK. That is a 13W CFL hanging above it.
Cuttings8.jpg
. Always something :)

Off the wall question I'm sure, but I can not find an answer.

So it I am successful with the cuttings and determine sex to be female what is the quickest way to get a sample of the bud? Can you continue on with 12/12 even though it isn't rooted, or do you need to put it back in veg and wait the normal time? It sure would be nice to get a small sample after 6 weeks instead of having to wait another 3 months or so.

Should I FIM, TOP or LEAVE IT ALONE?

This is a PainKiller XL that is 7 weeks old. The only cutting I have done is taken two branches off the bottom for clones about a week ago (still living.) I was too rough with a GDP that I planted at the same time and broke off the top so now that one is filling out really nice. It made me sick when I first saw it but now I think it was for the better and I'am wondering if I should top or FIM this PainKiller as well. I have not done any trimming or defoliating, this is my first grow and I am now at a point that I need to decide how to continue on so I would like help from you experienced folks. What should I do here??? The room is not really am issue, would just like to make my first harvest a good one.
Thank you in advance.
Fri12.jpg

Fri21.jpg

Re: Should I FIM, TOP or LEAVE IT ALONE?

This is a PainKiller XL that is 7 weeks old. The only cutting I have done is taken two branches off the bottom for clones about a week ago (still living.) I was too rough with a GDP that I planted at the same time and broke off the top so now that one is filling out really nice. It made me sick when I first saw it but now I think it was for the better and I'am wondering if I should top or FIM this PainKiller as well. I have not done any trimming or defoliating, this is my first grow and I am now at a point that I need to decide how to continue on so I would like help from you experienced folks. What should I do here??? The room is not really am issue, would just like to make my first harvest a good one.
Thank you in advance.
Fri12.jpg

Fri21.jpg

I would say it depends on when you want to flip it to 12/12. I usually Fim early on (2-3 weeks) and then again about 5 weeks. If you want to leave it veg for another month then I would top it. :peace:

Off the wall question I'm sure, but I can not find an answer.

So it I am successful with the cuttings and determine sex to be female what is the quickest way to get a sample of the bud? Can you continue on with 12/12 even though it isn't rooted, or do you need to put it back in veg and wait the normal time? It sure would be nice to get a small sample after 6 weeks instead of having to wait another 3 months or so.

You can just keep it under 12/12 and let it keep flowering. It'll still root and grow like a regular plant. If flowered until it's ripe you can get a sample of what it's mother will be like.

I'd top or FIM the XL to get more bud sites on it and to control it's height.

L9r

Re: Should I FIM, TOP or LEAVE IT ALONE?

I would say it depends on when you want to flip it to 12/12. I usually Fim early on (2-3 weeks) and then again about 5 weeks. If you want to leave it veg for another month then I would top it. :peace:

1.) I am still waiting for the Afghani's (planted same time) to show sex before I switch to 12/12 so I'm thinking there will be time. While I'm at it, does it look to you like there is other growth that I should cut to thin it out a bit or just get the top?

2.) I have a Blue Blood that popped 8/21 and it is doing very nice!!! Would you agree that if I commit to topping the PainKiller I might as well top the BB now too?

3.) If I need to wait another month before flipping to 12/12 that will but both the PainKiller XL AND Granddaddy Purple at 11 weeks veg. Is that a problem assuming I have room for them? The BB would only be 7 weeks in veg..is that enough time if I need to flip all at once?

The Blue Blood is peaking out from the middle, 3 Afghani's in the back, PK-XL front left, GDP front right.

Fri31.jpg

1.) I am still waiting for the Afghani's (planted same time) to show sex before I switch to 12/12 so I'm thinking there will be time. While I'm at it, does it look to you like there is other growth that I should cut to thin it out a bit or just get the top?

Can't see anything that comes to mind.

2.) I have a Blue Blood that popped 8/21 and it is doing very nice!!! Would you agree that if I commit to topping the PainKiller I might as well top the BB now too?

Depends on it's height now. Don't want it to be too much shorter than the rest tho topping fills them out better. Can always put it on a box or something to raise it up.

3.) If I need to wait another month before flipping to 12/12 that will but both the PainKiller XL AND Granddaddy Purple at 11 weeks veg. Is that a problem assuming I have room for them? The BB would only be 7 weeks in veg..is that enough time if I need to flip all at once?

When plants are mature enough for good flowering the nodes begin to alternate. Usually by the 5th or 6th week so the BB should be good to go by 7. A clone is the same age as the mother so can be flowered any time.

L8r

Thank you OldMedUser, that will make my life a whole bunch easier.
In addition to the plants I mentioned above there is one GDP clone that is doing extremely well. Maybe in 3 1/2 weeks it'll be ready to flip too, that would put it at 6 weeks from cutting. Heck, maybe I ought to think about FIMing that one too. It sounds like as long as I can give them 4 weeks before flipping I'll be good to go. :)

Back
Top Bottom