Beginners grow UK

Hey there again.
I believe that ph is important because if the soil around the roots or the water you are giving them is too far out it will cause nutrition outlock, this is because the nutrients come in different forms and change at certain ph levels, thus meaning the plant can't take them up if the ph range is too far out. As for ec I'm not too sure mate. Like I said before I'm still new to this myself :) my 1st grow too as in same boat as u ;)
Hope this helps anyway and you are well and in good health.
Triggz.
Peace Love and Respect.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have arthritis not playing up today though thank god and I appreciate u taking the time to help a friend just popped a ph pen round I'll investigate later

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I'm sorry to hear that mate, you should look into certain strains that help with pain relief, it really is a wonder how much this plant can do if used properly. Anytime I can help out with anything at all , this is what this site's all about, like minded people here to help one another :) I believe that alot of people who don't smoke or visit the site proberly overlook us lot. But when you read through and see the story's of people's lives and their illness and how much this has changed their lives it amazing. Also it's really cool watching these girls grow aha. I'm pretty high right now as my anxiety was bad today and I tend to start rambling lol so il stop here.
Hope your ph goes smoothly as possible bruv.
Triggz.
Peace Love and Respect.

Welcome to :420:

If you're going to grow with chemical nutrients (Canna range) then you will need to make sure that your PH levels are around the 6.5 mark so that the plants can take up the majority of each different nutrient, try to fluctuate a little though going as low as 6.2 and as high as 7, very gentle fluctuations though. You will either need to purchase some PH Up and PH Down or you could use Pottasium Bicarbonate (PH up as in from a PH of 6 to a PH of 7) or lemon juice to bring the PH down to that range (lemons being acidic).

By EC I assume you mean a EC/TDM meter for checking the amount of nutrients left in the run off after a plant has drunk it's fill (PPM = Parts Per Million), or the amount of nutrients you are adding to a feed. You won't really need to concern yourself with PPM whilst growing in soil unless something goes wrong, it's mainly for hydroponics where everything has to be exact (soil can act as a buffer to a certain extent).

I used the Canna range on my first grow and it works fine, but there are plenty of others that are as good as if not better. A chemical favourite of mine is the Advanced Nutrients PH perfect range, basically unless your PH meter is seriously shite PH won't be too much of a problem using the AN range. I won't go into detail as to the how and why as I don't want to overload you with information on your first grow, of course if you have any questions then feel free to ask :thumb:

Personally though my favourite range of nutrients are Plantmagic Oldtimer's grow and Bloom, along with a little Fishmix (only in veg) or Secret Golden Tree (expensive but is the dog's bollox) in both get and flower (until a week before harvest). These nutrients combined with an organic soil pretty much meant that I could throw away the PH pen and extra chemicals, whilst feeding the life in the soil instead of killing it, bonus!

Stay stealthy pal, but a journal on here won't cause any issues so long as you're not spouting off your address or showing your house in the pictures, in fact it may even help you perfect your grow. Such a shame that our country is going to fall behind on not only the medicinal value, but the amount of business opportunities that legalisation has procured. Well fook that for a lark, keep learning ;)

All the best and may your buds be bountiful

Cheers dude yea it's a soil grow down a allotments in a shed in a tent lol in canna cocoa got it hooked up to electric and a gene good little spot

Sounds good dude,
Ye it is a shame the u.k isn't getting on board, it would help out the country so much. I recently started a thread under the general 420 talk titled '' views on brexit and legalising'' I think if we was to have a chance it's bow we left the e.u. check it out and leave your thoughts.
Ye I also would defo recommend you get a ph kit. I have got ph up and down drops. I don't add just anything just yet as plants are looking good and the old saying goes if ain't broke. So just keeping it to the side just in case for now as iv heard most problems growing mj are down to ph.
Hope all is well mate.
Triggz.
Peace Love and Respect.

Growing weed is pretty easy to be honest...

Just don't get blinded by the science it is pretty straight forward really :thumb:

As for best nutrients well most of em work pretty well & their are plenty of dutch brands available in the UK i've used Biobizz if ya into organic methods but have moved on to Hesi, with these brands if ya look around you will find starter box sets with all you need to grow mostly...

Basically you just need a grow/veg nutrient a bloom for flowering and micro nutrient solution helps out also :thumb:

EC aka electrical conductivity of salt/synthetic based nutrients PPM, TDS all roughly work on the same principle just different maths to how they work it out that is all... some of these may change tho depending on country which may use another measurement or by brand of nutrient it is not all the same !

EC, PPM, TDS don't really work on organic nutrients that well either.

Ye i understand your situation i was in that place before i started growing my own... like 10 quid for a .8 baggie of cabbage smelt like too & hardly got a fly stoned...

Ya never look back once ya got your first good crop at a much cheaper turn over than getting off the street with much better quality sitting back in your favourite chair taking ya first puff of your own finest home grown :green_heart:

Exactly and cheers for the advice sick to death of the weights and prices weed is a plant and it should be made legal for medical use under a doctors intuition as I suffer with arthritis and gout along with depression and anxiety I just want a little hobby and to stop funding the local dealers sick of it but all advice is welcome on here as I'm a beginner and not looking for quantity I want quality for personal use not looking to be the next biggie smells I'll try get a snap of my progress next time I pop to see them thanks peeps

I totally agree.

Last time i checked some MJ news was that the liberal democratic had a stance on legalization it worked for obama why not the libs !

Mmm a shed grow gonna be some issue's with that i think... mainly with temp & RH being ideal !

Whats ya plans ?

I've got plenty of air going in and out along with fans the whole sha bang basically I got a six foot shed along with 80x80x180 grow tent with ballast and fans and filter should be ok for summer unless it like 30 like it been today but gave them the chill factor a good old spray with some water lol

Back
Top Bottom