Best Crop King Seeds' Strains Review By A Real Grower Contest 2016

It's taaaking forever! I'm hoping it explodes after I take this out gal out
420-magazine-mobile868761372.jpg
this is a Trainwreck by crop king . it only 10 days ahead of the gal that isn't flowering

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Monster plant!

I'm curious how much I'll get out of it. I can't tell I'm complete newb never grown before until now .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

good looking auto shorty. ill be posting some shots and reviews of smoke in the next day or two here just in time to get in.

Cant wait for my January harvest though, all the "colors" of the rainbow in terms of varietys. Theres Purp kush, Dark Angel, Bubba Kush, Green Crack, White widow, as well as a Tangie Clone I was gifted that I know is a winner! I have some White Widow and Bubba Kush finished now that I will snap wpics of as well
Crop king strains fucking rock, and I get friends constantly asking me for cuts off my mothers, they may take a bit longer to finish than most of the Colorado clone stock but seriously I can find a winner in every pack.

I really enjoyed growing Crop Kings, White Cookies!!

I popped two packs and was pleased to have all of them germinate with ease. I found White Cookies very easy to grow, perfect for the beginner or someone that is super busy with life but also wants their own meds. Out of the ten plants, it was impossible to choose a favourite. Taste was nice and smooth. Medicating effect put me into a relaxed state with the ability to still get things done. If overdone you will get the best sleep you've ever had.

I give Crop Kings White Cookies a 10/10. Easy to grow, very uniform. Smooth and tasty!! Excellent yield. I will be buying more packs of White Cookies.

I currently have CK White Widow growing. I also have CKs purple kushx2, green crackx2, bubba kushx2 and a pack of crown royale and will continue to buy Crop Kings genetics. I'm a very pleased customer. Peace!!

Crop King Blueberry. Old faithful comes through for me on my first run with real genetics.
420-magazine-mobile1856554862.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1779889549.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1394818308.jpg
420-magazine-mobile305099446.jpg

Top Colas looking like a bowl of fruity pebbles
Dirt Man Dan

SUMMARY

STRAIN: Auto Revolver
MEDIUM: Fox Farms Ocean Forest
POT SIZE: 3 gallon
POT TYPE: Fabric
NUTES: Fox Farm Trio
SUPPLEMENTS: None
LIGHT TYPE (veg): CFL/Fluoro
LIGHT CYCLE (veg): 18/6
LIGHT TYPE (flwr): LED
LIGHT CYCLE (flwr): 18/6
GROW DIFFICULTY: Easy
AROMA: Mild/tangy
FLAVOR: Nearly spoiled grapefruit/oddly sweet/mildly earthy
SIZE: 16-18” tall
YIELD: 3oz
WEED TO SEED: 70 Days
EFFECT: Mellowing, relaxing, but can be sleepy

PERSONAL NARRATIVE/OPINION

Revolver, from Crop King Seeds, is an indica dominant auto flowering hybrid with a genetic ratio of 70% Indica, 20% Sativa and 10% Ruderalis. I found this strain so easy to grow that I often refer to it as “bullet proof”. It will easily tolerate minor-moderate issues caused by grower error as well as environmental changes. I have grown this strain (indoor only) throughout the year with equally positive results in all 4 seasons. She responds favorably to both topping and LST.
The scent and flavor are not really anything to write home about. My best cured samples tasted like old grapefruit, like a weird sweetness with a VERY subtle earthy undertone. It’s not unpleasant, by any means, but this is not a blueberry or grape flavored strain. With a good cure, it’s smooth as silk.
The effect, in my experience, is all Indica. It is quite relaxing. If you have an active mind that could use a break every now and then, this may help. Revolver gave me a feeling of well-being and slows racing thoughts. It does seem to have a fine line between relaxed and “taking a nap”. 2 or 3 extra hits and…..well… you’ll wake up refreshed.
I was quite happy with the yield. I usually pull 3oz of grape sized dry buds in only 70 days growing in 3 gallon fabric pots of Fox Farms Ocean Forest from a 16-18” tall plant. I had about 60% denser buds, and 40% airy/popcorn.

P20700091.JPG
P2070003.JPG

SUMMARY

STRAIN: Auto Jack Herrer
GROW DIFFICULTY: Moderate
AROMA: Citrus/piney/cedar
FLAVOR: Slight lemon/citrus flavor
SIZE: 18-20” tall
YIELD: 3-3.5oz
WEED TO SEED: 77-84 Days
EFFECT: Active/up/creative, can be jittery

Jack Herrer, from Crop King Seeds, is a Sativa dominant auto flowering hybrid with a genetic ratio of 70% Sativa, 20% Indica and 10% Ruderalis. I found this strain to be a bit duplicitous when it comes to the difficulty with which it is grown. I have grown more of this strain than any other. I have experienced 2 distinct phenotypes, one more forgiving than the other. Regardless of the pheno you end up with, this strain is more testy and temperamental than a strain such as Revolver. It seems to have more difficulty dealing with stress and changes. Small errors, with Auto Jack Herrer, can result in persistent complications. I have grown this strain, indoor only, throughout the year and have had good luck in all 4 seasons. She responds favorably to both topping and LST.
The scent and flavor are both quite pleasing. While growing, it gives off a very strong lemon/citrus aroma. This aroma carries over to the cured buds. When smoked, however, the scent has only a slight touch of citrus shadowed by an aggressive piney or cedar mulch aroma. The flavor mirrors the smoke’s aroma, as it is slightly citrus with a “bark-y cedar” overtone. In my experience, it takes a longer cure to make this girl smoke smoothly.
The effect varied broadly depending on maturity. When harvested early, perhaps 70 days, this strain wakes me up but also makes me a bit jittery if used multiple times in a day. When harvested later, perhaps 84+ days, she can range from uplifting/inspirational to relaxing and sleep inducing. This is a good all-around strain. My only warning, it does seem to cause loss of focus and a bit of forgetfulness.
Good yields. I usually end up with 3+oz of grape sized dry buds in 77-84 days, growing in 3 gallon fabric pots of Fox Farms Ocean Forest. I usually have about 50% denser buds, and 50% airy/popcorn.

P21900021.JPG
Capture156.JPG

SUMMARY

STRAIN: Early Miss
GROW DIFFICULTY: Easy-Moderate
AROMA: Blueberry/grape/fruity
FLAVOR: Blueberry/grape
SIZE: 18-28” tall
YIELD: 2.0-2.5oz
WEED TO SEED: 63-77 Days
EFFECT: Relaxing/mellow/calming

Early Miss, from Crop King Seeds, is an indica dominant auto flowering hybrid with a genetic ratio of 60% Indica, 30% Sativa and 10% Ruderalis. I found growing this strain to be easy to moderate in difficulty. She does seem to like to stretch a bit more than a strain like Revolver and is usually the tallest in the tent. Harvest is a dream as she has fewer leaves between the buds! Nice easy chop.
I have grown this strain (indoor only) throughout the year without issue. She responds favorably to both topping and LST.
The scent and flavor are both INCREDIBLE. I have found her to be very quick and easy to cure. When cured the scent and flavor are very strong and very sweet. They are a perfectly matched ensemble of blueberry, up front, and just a smidge of sweet grape playing the violin in the background. This strain is HEAVENLY! When cured, the hits are so smooth that it is hard to tell you have taken one. Another excellent bonus….the flavor carries on to the last hit.
The effect, for me, has been a very nice mix of Indica and Sativa. This one does not put me to sleep, but it is relaxing and mellowing. It seems to loosen me up, in a muscle relaxer sort of sense, as it also washes away anxiety. She is more for relaxing than for activities.
I usually end up with 2.0-2.5oz of grape sized dry buds in about 63-77 days growing in 3 gallon fabric pots of Fox Farms Ocean Forest. I have, however, been able to chop before 63 days. Now for the buds! About 70-80% denser buds, and 20-30% airy/popcorn. This plant produces the densest buds I have ever grown. I once joked that I believed I could put one of these buds through a window with a slingshot. I have a batch growing currently and if they end up as dense as my last run, I am going to try it!

IMG_029649.JPG
IMG_029950.JPG

Crop King Seeds - Black Indica Strain Contest - 2016

Black Indica - Crop King Seeds

Type: Indoor / Outdoor
Growing: Easy - Moderate
Flowering Time: 8 Weeks
Indica/Sativa: 80% Indica
THC: Moderate
Yield: 2.62oz, 74 grams
Genetics: Pure Kush X Afghan

In this review, I am going to tell you a little bit about the growth, the harvest, the smell, the high, and what we liked about the Black Indica.

The Growth

Black Indica took a couple days to germinate.

On the first few weeks of the vegetative stage it was apparent she was an indica dominant strain. Big/Huge fat fan leaves, dark green, short stubby.

I went above and beyond with the use of most techniques. I super cropped, low stress trained, topped multiple times and even tried fimming and cloning.

How did she react? Black Indica is a very strong and hardy plant. She went through hell and recovered quickly, usually by the next day or two.

My cloning experience was great. With rooting powder, I got 100% cloning success. I ended up keeping three clones out of 12 due to space reasons. You could do a sea of green with this strain on 1 gallon or .5 gallon pots, straight from clone to 12/12.

My recommendation if you are using a 250w or less HPS to veg in a 2'x2'x5' space is to flip when she is about 1.5' tall. She will develop some spaced internodes during vegging. You will be able to put 4 plants (3 gal pots) in a 2'x2'x5' space easily yielding 304g or more.

I would top her once and low stress train some branches. I would keep her vegging for 3-4 weeks maximum. I have tried mainlining her, for the added time, and my space constraints, I would not do it again.

The Black Indica will stretch about half her veg height. The stretch will be tight internodes so you can achieve nicely packed long colas.

The colas blew up in the last 2 weeks of flowering. Lots of sugar leaves, which can be used for extracting.

My fattest cola was just a tad bit smaller than the diameter of a 591ml Pepsi bottle.

Harvest
Sticky sticky sticky stinky. She developed lots of trichomes and my camera may not be able to show this that well.

I harvested a few days before hitting week 9, lots of cloudy trichomes, about 20%-30% amber trichomes, perhaps 10% clear trichomes. It really depended on the area I was sampling from.

I am currently curing and will cure for 3-4 weeks.

On my next black indica harvest, I will wait until 50% amber trichomes are developed. No clear trichomes.

Smell
Black Indica smell started to develop at the vegetative stage, approximately 2 weeks-3 weeks.

I get an earthy, skunky and some hints of citrus or pine.

You will need a carbon scrubber for this grow.

The High
Relaxing mild narcotic.
It creeps on you, mild head high feeling pressure on the front of my head, heavy eyes, and then it goes to your body. Some pain relief properties, great for insomnia, mild couch lock. A little dry mouth effect and I do get hungry with this strain.

Don't expect to be very energetic or productive during the use of Black Indica.

What I Liked
I really loved how strong and durable this plant is and how fast she recovered.

I also liked her smell a lot, and the high was great for night time.

I would recommend this strain for those looking to relax and snooze with mild pain relief.

From seed to harvest perhaps 12-13 weeks.

-------
Pictures

IMG_20161120_191328.jpg
IMG_20161126_191240-01.jpeg
IMG_20161229_194456.jpg
62118.jpg
8751.jpg
81111.jpg
82112.jpg

ss.jpeg

*Purple Kush - CKS

Purple Kush is seeking a connoisseur who is addicted to growing. She requires some grow knowledge already, research the life cycle of this strain and her needs. With routine feedings she will grow into one of the most eye catching plants you'll ever see. Under her spell you will be seduced by her Earthy rainforest essence that stimulates & motivates. The purple hue will captivate any grower who seeks the holy grail of smooth silky uplifting smoke. Once you unlock the ultimate formula for nutrients, space and water, she will reward you with towers of bud that will leave you wanting more. Trusted genetics for growers at large who want to master this beauty.
IMG_58219.jpg
DSC053353.jpg

*CB Dream - CKS

Easy to grow and loves to be challenged. She will do all the work for you as she adapts to various growing locations. CBD loves training and will shower you with bud when you nurse her. Very forgiving for first timers and fruitful for all. Her medicinal properties are uplifting, subtle and long lasting. Great for treatment dosing or as a base for blending. Very light smoke with absolutely no burn and no regrets. This white ash wonder should be a staple in your garden. This strain also thrives on organic nutrients and responds well to various smoking methods. Grow your own medicine and take charge of your health.
IMG_43538.jpg

IMG_75607.jpg

IMG_665311.jpg
IMG_664213.jpg

Northern Lights Auto Review:
The Northern Lights was my first grow ever. First two NL's were in very small pots and came out sub-par. This is the second grow where I was really pleased with the result . Very easy grow. Seed took quickly in the soil. The Fox Farm Happy Frog mix held the moisture differently than the Sunshine mix. It was easier to keep moist and the seedling grew quickly and in a couple weeks had a several sets of leaves and was short and stout. Very sturdy plant.

First sign of sex was at 28 days. From 30 — 40 days there was great growth with her filling out well. I did have some trouble with PH around 40 days. I had to do a flush to get things back to a steady state. By 50 days old the buds were really developing well.

I did some minor LST and some general trimming but nothing extreme. I harvested her at 78 days (11 weeks). The buzz was very nice. Being my first really good buds, I was thrilled and enjoyed the indica high. It was also good for my back, helping me forget my nagging pains.

Ended up with 70 grams going into jars for curing. Those buds were thick and solid. I would say that 50-70% of the trichomes were amber. I was very happy with the overall plant, the buds and definitely the yield. I'd say the Northern Lights Auto was a birdie!

Tent: 30x20x30
Light: Old Style Mars 300w LED + 3 23w CFL
Cycle: 18/6
Pot: 3gal Fabric
Medium: Fox Farms
Nutes: Fox Farm
Germination: Soaked in water for about 18 hours, then into paper towels.
Drying/Curing: Major branches are cut and buds trimmed on branch to be hung in closet 4 — 7 days
When dry, clipped small buds off and left final 2"-3" cola tops as is.
Into sealed glass jars. Opened couple times a day until humidity reaches approx 65%
Kept stored with Boveda 62
Yield: 70 grams (into jars)
Aroma: Pine/fruit mix
High: Body stone, numbing

15 Days
Day_15_NLA_1.JPG

Grow_2_Day_73_days_crop_king.JPG

Grow_2_Day_64_close_up.JPG

Grow_2_Day_78_colas.JPG

Grow_2_bud_shot_close.JPG

Jack Herer Auto Reveiw:
I grew a total of 3 Jack Herer plants. The first 2 started in the same pot and then I had to transplant at day 14. Not the best move, but it worked out. I did use more LST with the Jacks and one of them I topped. It seemed as though the Jack was a bit more sensitive to PH issues and all three of them had to have several flushes to get things back in shape.

Sex was shown around 28 days. Vertical growth spurted around 30-40 days and then again in the 55-60 range, showing more of the sativa in them. I harvested them at 79 days, 82 days, and 88 days. The yeild varied among the three. Corresponding to the days I got 42g, 28.5g, 45g. The buds were smaller and less dense then the NL auto but had a much brighter green/orange bud.

I felt the first two could have gone longer. I would say the amber was around 30% on the first two and 60% on the last. I enjoyed the buzz of the Jack but it just didn’t feel as strong as the NL. It was more of a head buzz, with my mind racing a bit. The third plant did not have the same smooth taste and buzz as the first two. Seemed a bit harsher and less of a buzz. Overall I’d rate the Jack Herer a par.

Cycle: 18/6
Medium: Sunshine Mix #4
Nutes: Advanced Nutes (GMB) and some bloom nutes
Gerimination: Soaked in water for about 18 hours, then into paper towels.
Drying/Curing: Major branches are cut and buds trimmed on branch to be hung in closet 4 – 7 days
When dry, clipped small buds off and left final 2”-3” cola tops as is.
Into sealed glass jars. Opened couple times a day until humidity reaches approx 65%
Yield: avg 39g into jars
Aroma: woodsy lemon/citrus
High: Head buzz

Grow_3_JHA_Pair_day_8_-_day_6a.JPG

JHA_day_52_Pair.JPG

JHA_Day_71_in_tent.JPG

IMG_434210.JPG

Bud_of_Month_Feb_2016a-1.JPG

Around Day 50
Jack Herer - YouTube

White Widow Review
This was my first photo plant. I had been having trouble with some other seeds getting to grow after germinating but when I went with the WW, they popped quickly and sprouted up strong and fast. I grew two plants together and did a bit of an experiment. I did a mini-flux with one and topped the other. The mini-flux was 10 nodes (2 at the end and 4 nodes off the sides).

I decided to flip the lights at 43 days. I would have liked to have kept the flux going to get bigger but with only one tent, both have to get the 12/12. These were the first two ladies to go from start to finish without any PH issues. I had also switched to Advanced Nutrients. The WW seemed to accept nutes well, definitely better than the Jack.

Both the WW were very short and tight. They gradually started to stretch a bit day 40. The one that was topped looked like a small bush, but the fluxed ladie looked sparce and stretched under the ribbons holding her down.

I harvested both at 105 days, approximately 9 weeks of flowering. Both ladies looked to be about 30% amber, more so at the tips. The fluxed plant yielded slightly more than the topped plant. I would say the topped plant had more branch weight than the fluxed. Ended up with 33g going into jars from the flux and 31.5g from the topped.

I really enjoyed the buds. Not as fat as the NL's but much better than the Jack H. They were cigar-like. Not fat but solid. Loved the orange hairs. The buzz is great too. My heads get racing but my body enjoys the numbness. Very nice balance between head and body. I rate the White Widow as another strong birdie!

Cycle: 18/6 then 12/12
Medium: Sunshine Mix #4
Nutes: Advanced Nutes (GMB) and some bloom nutes
Gerimination: Soaked in water for about 18 hours, then into paper towels.
Drying/Curing: Major branches are cut and buds trimmed on branch to be hung in closet 4 — 7 days
When dry, clipped small buds off and left final 2"-3" cola tops as is.
Yield: avg 32g
Aroma: Sweet Citrus
Buzz: Perfect balance of Head/Body

day_1118.JPG

untitled-8583.JPG

IMG_59494.JPG

IMG_62425.JPG

IMG_64579.JPG

day_104-61_harvest_after_wwa_wwb-9373.JPG

bud_of_month_11-16_a-0271.JPG

CKSWW9102016c - YouTube

*Purple Kush - CKS

Purple Kush is seeking a connoisseur who is addicted to growing. She requires some grow knowledge already, research the life cycle of this strain and her needs. With routine feedings she will grow into one of the most eye catching plants you'll ever see. Under her spell you will be seduced by her Earthy rainforest essence that stimulates & motivates. The purple hue will captivate any grower who seeks the holy grail of smooth silky uplifting smoke. Once you unlock the ultimate formula for nutrients, space and water, she will reward you with towers of bud that will leave you wanting more. Trusted genetics for growers at large who want to master this beauty.
IMG_58219.jpg
DSC053353.jpg

*CB Dream - CKS

Easy to grow and loves to be challenged. She will do all the work for you as she adapts to various growing locations. CBD loves training and will shower you with bud when you nurse her. Very forgiving for first timers and fruitful for all. Her medicinal properties are uplifting, subtle and long lasting. Great for treatment dosing or as a base for blending. Very light smoke with absolutely no burn and no regrets. This white ash wonder should be a staple in your garden. This strain also thrives on organic nutrients and responds well to various smoking methods. Grow your own medicine and take charge of your health.
IMG_43538.jpg

IMG_75607.jpg

IMG_665311.jpg
IMG_664213.jpg
Nice nug shot!

CKS Northern Lights Auto Review

STRAIN: Northern Lights Auto
MEDIUM: 80% ProMix4 Peat/20% perlite
NUTES: MaxiBloom Lucas
SUPPLEMENTS: Cal-max, Pro-silicate, Molasses
LIGHT TYPE (veg): MarsHydro Mars II 1200
LIGHT TYPE (flwr): MarsHydro Mars II 1200
GROW DIFFICULTY: Easy
AROMA: Kinda fruity once cured
FLAVOR: kinda earthy, kinda acrid.
SIZE: 3' of Nearly Perfect Christmas tree shape (1st), 2' of double top cola (2nd) and a 3' Christmas tree
YIELD: 4oz
WEED TO SEED: 92 Days
EFFECT: Very analgesic. Very Stony (made me feel brain-dead)

Review:

This was a great auto for a first timer and I've run 3 in total now, all have been quite uniform in smell, growth and finished product mass. It took evey bit of the excessive feedings I gave it and didn't complain. It grew big and put out lots of beautiful buds.

It wasn't stinky like some others I've run now which I really appreciated. When it came time to smoke I was VERY impressed with its ability to remove the pain from my shoulder. It was an unexpected but welcome effect. I was disappointed in how stony it was for me. I was learning a new language through the summer and found this to be very counter-productive.

1 of the 2 "topped" itself early on resulting in a double cola and a little lower height. Both plants produced the same dry 4oz.

As it cured, a wonderful berry aroma started to come from the jars. I thought this was an indicator that the cure was on and drying was done (no hygrometers) and sealed a big jar up and it all got the mildew. I turned it into BHO instead.

Pics:

Pics:
IMG_20160517_094749.jpg
IMG_20160505_225758.jpg
IMG_20160503_020926.jpg
IMG_20160513_003839.jpg
IMG_20160512_023230.jpg
IMG_20160517_094646.jpg
IMG_20160506_002726.jpg
IMG_20160513_003907.jpg

Back
Top Bottom