Best LED for your bang

MuscleGrower

420 Member
Hi all

I am in need of LED as my HPS is way to hot for my environment.

I currently have 2 Mizhie 300 LED for my propagation station so I need something for my 4x4 tent.

I am pretty new to LED's and when I first started everything was compared to W so my 300 are 300 W equiv but pull 130W.
Now I see 3000k and some other talk I dunno about.

I want something reliable but I don't need top of the line.

I was looking at King Plus LED and they show 3000W equiv?? is that right??

thanks all

Hi all

I am in need of LED as my HPS is way to hot for my environment.

I currently have 2 Mizhie 300 LED for my propagation station so I need something for my 4x4 tent.

I am pretty new to LED's and when I first started everything was compared to W so my 300 are 300 W equiv but pull 130W.
Now I see 3000k and some other talk I dunno about.

I want something reliable but I don't need top of the line.

I was looking at King Plus LED and they show 3000W equiv?? is that right??

thanks all
Hi. 3000k is a color temperature. 2700 k- 3500k is for flower. And 3500k and up would be for veg. Anything on the lower end of the temp has more red, conversely the other end would be more blue.
Ideally you want at least 35 watts per square foot for white or full spectrum white lights. For the blurple lights you'll want closer to 50 watts/sq. ft.
What are you working with for a budget? Are you handy with diy projects?

Hi. 3000k is a color temperature. 2700 k- 3500k is for flower. And 3500k and up would be for veg. Anything on the lower end of the temp has more red, conversely the other end would be more blue.
Ideally you want at least 35 watts per square foot for white or full spectrum white lights. For the blurple lights you'll want closer to 50 watts/sq. ft.
What are you working with for a budget? Are you handy with diy projects?

Hi

Thx for the reply

I'm thinking about 300$ or so. if you mean putting it together myself I can do that

My first harvest was a measly 1oz and I'm thinking it's partially my weak ass 300W equiv light .

I can't afford Electric sky.

Someone suggested King LED and they advertise 3000W equiv for like 250$

Thanks again

You'll want to look into building either a quantum board rig or a cob rig. This would be your best bet to get the best coverage for a decent price. There are lots of growers here using both types of light. Led grow lights depot is a sponsor here.
Another good option is Mars Hydro.
Mars hydro has some new white lights , I don't know much about them though. They are plug and play. The sp-150 and 250 are new, as well as the TS-1000 that just came out. So new it might still be preorder. It might bust your budget though.
Otherwise you could get a bunch of blurple and call it a day.

I prefer the white lights.

dont waste your time with blurple unless youre willing to pay the big bucks for a real blurple type led. not the generic chinese brand ones
youre gonna hate yourself for the heat vipar type lights will put out itll be close to the hps if you get a high enough wattage that makes using it worth it.
for 300$ you can easily get a hlg assembled quantum board at 3000-3500 k to go from start to finish.
and the quality of watts is much better in the qbs, good idea to stay away from any grow light that talks in equivalent instead of true pull from wall

I've seen the results by Mars, I have no clue who meizhi is.

meizhi is the same thing as mars, just another generic brand name.
all the same type of led, its a full spectrum chinese diode board that gets hot and has a good chance of something ridiculous happening to it that makes you regret the purchase.
i tend to always be the person that GETS THE ONE MESSED UP light i guess.
i had a viparspectra 450 that was heating my tent past 91 F returned it to amazon
the got the “premium” cheap board, advanced platinum 450, ran it for two days and the fan broke off the frame. i got lucky and returned both and was refunded because amazon knows the sellers have shady reputations with automated 5 star reviews.
im not saying that you will regret the cheap blurple lights, but i can say for certain you WONT REGRET buying a quantum board.
ill take certainty and peace of mind anyday, but thats just me

meizhi is the same thing as mars, just another generic brand name.
all the same type of led, its a full spectrum chinese diode board that gets hot and has a good chance of something ridiculous happening to it that makes you regret the purchase.
i tend to always be the person that GETS THE ONE MESSED UP light i guess.
i had a viparspectra 450 that was heating my tent past 91 F returned it to amazon
the got the “premium” cheap board, advanced platinum 450, ran it for two days and the fan broke off the frame. i got lucky and returned both and was refunded because amazon knows the sellers have shady reputations with automated 5 star reviews.
im not saying that you will regret the cheap blurple lights, but i can say for certain you WONT REGRET buying a quantum board.
ill take certainty and peace of mind anyday, but thats just me
Please do show me how to adequately fill a 4x4 with qb’s for $300.

Hi

Thx for the reply

I'm thinking about 300$ or so. if you mean putting it together myself I can do that

My first harvest was a measly 1oz and I'm thinking it's partially my weak ass 300W equiv light .

I can't afford Electric sky.

Someone suggested King LED and they advertise 3000W equiv for like 250$

Thanks again

forget about equivalent, its a scam and a trick.
look at true watts, equivalent means nothing, if that was the case might as well go get a bunch of cfls for their equivalent wattage, know what i mean?
i been there with the lights, i dont want anyone to feel as dumb as i did when i found out what the real deal was

Please do show me how to adequately fill a 4x4 with qb’s for $300.

you arent going to get any type of decent light for a 4 x 4 for 300$
better off growing a single huge plant with a 300$ qb than a bunch of weak azz 1/4 oz plants on a 25000 watt equivalent that only pulls 150 watts out the wall

at least he will have a light that will last multiple grows with no issues that he can grow with, than a closet full of shit he wont use after he realizes what a real light can do
its a good starter light if you can get them for free from someone who made the mistake of buying them in the first place, check ebay, im sure theres plenty of used blurples for cheap

actually nvrmind get blurples, you can grow with hem theyll do ya good

all im saying is that i checked out a friends grow op today.
these peeps had 45 plants growing in a 4 x 8 tent.
they had 2 1200 watt reizhis and were wondering why the plants were stretching so much.
i started to try to explain in the least offensive way that the lights sucked, as soon as i felt the person get defensive i gave up.
part of the blurple problem is cognitive dissonance, especially in a anonymous internet forum
check the journals of the best growers on the site, chances are they are running either cmh or some type of HID system or if they are using led they are using cobs or qbs( which are basically cobs on a board)
they arent running blurples, blurple posts are usually on “this is my first grow whats this defeincy” or “ why is my plant not budding”
i realized i was scammed on blurple as soon as i started googling the term “ how much can i yield with a vipar spectra” and started being introduced to the cannabis forums online

all im saying is that i checked out a friends grow op today.
these peeps had 45 plants growing in a 4 x 8 tent.
they had 2 1200 watt reizhis and were wondering why the plants were stretching so much.
i started to try to explain in the least offensive way that the lights sucked, as soon as i felt the person get defensive i gave up.
part of the blurple problem is cognitive dissonance, especially in a anonymous internet forum
check the journals of the best growers on the site, chances are they are running either cmh or some type of HID system or if they are using led they are using cobs or qbs( which are basically cobs on a board)
they arent running blurples, blurple posts are usually on “this is my first grow whats this defeincy” or “ why is my plant not budding”
i realized i was scammed on blurple as soon as i started googling the term “ how much can i yield with a vipar spectra” and started being introduced to the cannabis forums online
No one is disagreeing with you. The context of the question was fill a 4x4 with $300 budget.

Back
Top Bottom