BF Afghan Coco/Growstones Grow Sponsored By MightyGrow 2017

Hey BFarmer, I've creeped your grows for almost a yearish? now without saying anything. I just wanted to say thank you for many smiles, much knowledge, and that I appreciate your meticulous care and documentation of your grows. Wanted to say that because of you being sponsored by MGO products that I'm pulling the trigger on purchasing it for myself. Seeing the sponsor watching your grow, I wanted to make sure they knew that they picked a great candidate to sponsor that will bring them much business. I hope you and yours have an excellent night, and can't wait to see the rest of the grow and many to come.

Hey LL welcome to :420: and my journal! Wow this post left me and my wife speachless! Thank you so much for the kind words! Much appreciated! It means a lot that you have been through my journals for about year! Ill be keeping an eye out for your journal! Hope you post one up! Thats big! I have to get through a harvest to be sure but so far im impressed and pleased with MGO! Im sure your going to love it! Just keep in mind the huma is topped dressed per plant not per gallon of soil like the other amendments. If you start a journal for your mighty grow please post a link here.

Thank you BG! Thats much appreciated! You guys are too kind!

BF it is looking sweet up in here as always man. I also plan to veg for about two months. Most likely a bit more :rofl: hope you well brother, have to do a bit of catching up on your journals

Lady Antheia, try flushing with hydrogen peroxide which will also get rid of bugs. Specially those digging little bastards.

Thanks pat!! We will see how the veg goes. The plants have not put on much new growth so i have to make the time to transplant into 5s. It will be nice to have that vigours growth again. Once in the 5 gallon container ill let them go for a week or two then top and start my training. I hope to get some monsters with that much veg! Everything is going great pat hope all is well in your world! H2O2 will help as long as your not in organics. It will also kill the good bacteria in your soil system but not an issue with synthetic nutes.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Half way there!

20170718_201218.jpg
20170718_201216.jpg
20170718_201213.jpg
20170718_201211.jpg
20170718_201205.jpg
20170718_201203.jpg
20170718_201200.jpg
20170718_201154.jpg
20170718_201149.jpg

Transplant some time between today and friday.

Ive been top dressing mgo at a rate of 1/2-1tsp per per solo cup but its not enough. The schedule is hard to follow if your in a container under 1 gal. The strength has nothing to do with it. I am just waiting to feed until i transplant either today or in a few days but ive been using the mgo grow and i mixed in amend at the start.

Hey BF..Already seen your response in Blood's journal so you have heard my thoughts already. What have you put in the pots that you're going to transplant into tonight? I believe these grows are helping us gather all kinds of knowledge and will allow us to dial in the feeding schedule, which I am very excited about. I was curious as to how the smaller grows would differ from the large ones and we are learning just that. I think we are looking at a good learning experience here and we very well maybe looking at a second sponsor grow to prove what we are learning in these first round of grows. I am so glad that the community here is embracing MGO and willing to help get this right for all the future MGO users. I am very thankful to have picked the growers I did and the community it is taking place in! :thanks:

Hey BF..Already seen your response in Blood's journal so you have heard my thoughts already. What have you put in the pots that you're going to transplant into tonight? I believe these grows are helping us gather all kinds of knowledge and will allow us to dial in the feeding schedule, which I am very excited about. I was curious as to how the smaller grows would differ from the large ones and we are learning just that. I think we are looking at a good learning experience here and we very well maybe looking at a second sponsor grow to prove what we are learning in these first round of grows. I am so glad that the community here is embracing MGO and willing to help get this right for all the future MGO users. I am very thankful to have picked the growers I did and the community it is taking place in! :thanks:

Hey MGO! So i made a mix of half coco half perlite and added the amend at 5tbsp mixed it up really well. Once the plant is in the container i will scratch in 5tsp of domolite and im considering top dressing 2-3tbsp of grow. What are your thoughts?

Thank you MGO for this oppertunity and continued support! Always nice to have committed sponsors in the mag to offer help and customer service. I have high hopes for MGO! Im sure the kinks will get worked out and the buds will be A++ i cant wait to see my plants rocket after transplant

BF I was thinking you should add 1-2 tbsp of lime and 2-2.5 tbsp of humatrace and mix that in really well, then wait a week and top dress with 2.5 tbsp of grow and mix that in the top 1 inch of growing medium and water in. What do you think about that?

BF I was thinking you should add 1-2 tbsp of lime and 2-2.5 tbsp of humatrace and mix that in really well, then wait a week and top dress with 2.5 tbsp of grow and mix that in the top 1 inch of growing medium and water in. What do you think about that?

Thought i was forgetting something, I also mixed in 1/2 tbsp huma.

My concern with that much lime is its going to make my ph go too high and ill lockout.

How do you feel about this MGO? At transplant ill mix in 1/2tbsp of lime, i already put 1 tsp. If i see lockout ill check and either add more lime if its low or acidifier if its too high. If i get a deficiency not from lockout then ill add another 1/2tsp of lime.

Ill mix in 1 1/2tbsp huma, ive mixed 1/2tbsp already

Ill wait a week and scratch in 2.5tbsp of grow.

I like it BF. I suggested that much lime because of blood's grow, but i'm good with 1/2 tbsp since you are in coco. We'll see how the girls react to it and go from there. I'm having you do 2 total tbsp of humatrace in the mix, because I believe going forward that i'm just going to be recommending this from the beginning and not top dressing every week...FYI. Might have 1 top dress of humatrace the first week of flower, but still thinking about this. I think they are better suited to be in the mix at 1/2 or 1 tbsp per gallon of growing medium from the very beginning and then maybe have one top dressing at the beginning of flower. Thoughts?

I like it BF. I suggested that much lime because of blood's grow, but i'm good with 1/2 tbsp since you are in coco. We'll see how the girls react to it and go from there. I'm having you do 2 total tbsp of humatrace in the mix, because I believe going forward that i'm just going to be recommending this from the beginning and not top dressing every week...FYI. Might have 1 top dress of humatrace the first week of flower, but still thinking about this. I think they are better suited to be in the mix at 1/2 or 1 tbsp per gallon of growing medium from the very beginning and then maybe have one top dressing at the beginning of flower. Thoughts?

Hey alright! Cant wait to see what happens with the lime.

The last part has me a little confused.
"I think they are better suited to be in the mix at 1/2 or 1 tbsp per gallon of growing medium from the very beginning and then maybe have one top dressing at the beginning of flower. "
Are you saying to mix 5tbsp of huma in my 5gal pots once for veg then again at flower?

Or is it

2tbsp per plant of huma?

I may not understand correctly but if you are vegging longer then 4weeks would you suggest 2tbsp of huma every 4 weeks for an 8week veg period? So huma 2tbsp per plant and put plant in soil then if doing a 2 month veg add 2tbsp more of huma at week 4 then once again week one of flower and again at week 4?

Basically if your doing a 1 month veg then huma once in veg at start 2tbsp per plant and huma two times in flower depending on strains flower time? Im not sure how long the huma stays in the media for but is adding huma only once or twice going to be enough?

Ive been top dressing mgo at a rate of 1/2-1tsp per per solo cup but its not enough. The schedule is hard to follow if your in a container under 1 gal. The strength has nothing to do with it. I am just waiting to feed until i transplant either today or in a few days but ive been using the mgo grow and i mixed in amend at the start.
that's what I was saying BF, you're probably the 1st. trial for coco, so your experience should dictate the dosage. I do see this working in mixes, but in coco, the watering everyday is gonna leach your coco in less than a week. What I was thinking was feeding them less, but feeding them everyday. You may also have to include a flush, at regular intervals, To relieve the salt buildup. That's really a +, having MGO working with you on the dosages. This is probably all new to him too !! The coco medium I mean. Get them into the 5 gal pots and let the mGO show begin !!

that's what I was saying BF, you're probably the 1st. trial for coco, so your experience should dictate the dosage. I do see this working in mixes, but in coco, the watering everyday is gonna leach your coco in less than a week. What I was thinking was feeding them less, but feeding them everyday. You may also have to include a flush, at regular intervals, To relieve the salt buildup. That's really a +, having MGO working with you on the dosages. This is probably all new to him too !! The coco medium I mean. Get them into the 5 gal pots and let the mGO show begin !!

Hey sp! Im actually noticing the opposite, MGO lasts a long time in coco. I havent top dressed anything in 2-3 weeks. Ive been holding off feedings due to my worries that 5tbsp was too much at once and didnt want any feed left before transplanting. It was also hard to dose in the solo cup. You have to think of organics differently then bottled nutes. Even bottled "organic" nutes are not the same. MGO is not salt based fert is derived from poultry manure from what i understand and has bacteria that inoculate the medium. Salts kill the beneficial bacteria if im not mistaken. No need for a flush at all or runoff. Watering everyday WITHOUT runoff these plants although hungry have maintained for a few weeks now without any feedings. Im treating the MGO the same as my other loc grows that use a different brand of dry fertilizer but dry fertilizer nonetheless. I just started flowering my second grow with organic dry ferts and i know it works, the difference here is the growth im getting with MGO is much faster then what ive been using.

Waiting on MGO to respond to my huma dosage before transplanting. Wanna make sure i do it right. Transplant probably tomorrow when i have a better understanding of huma dose.

Hey sp! Im actually noticing the opposite, MGO lasts a long time in coco. I havent top dressed anything in 2-3 weeks. Ive been holding off feedings due to my worries that 5tbsp was too much at once and didnt want any feed left before transplanting. It was also hard to dose in the solo cup. You have to think of organics differently then bottled nutes. Even bottled "organic" nutes are not the same. MGO is not salt based fert is derived from poultry manure from what i understand and has bacteria that inoculate the medium. Salts kill the beneficial bacteria if im not mistaken. No need for a flush at all or runoff. Watering everyday WITHOUT runoff these plants although hungry have maintained for a few weeks now without any feedings. Im treating the MGO the same as my other loc grows that use a different brand of dry fertilizer but dry fertilizer nonetheless. I just started flowering my second grow with organic dry ferts and i know it works, the difference here is the growth im getting with MGO is much faster then what ive been using.

Waiting on MGO to respond to my huma dosage before transplanting. Wanna make sure i do it right. Transplant probably tomorrow when i have a better understanding of huma dose.
Is that the one mgo changed to 1 tbsp per plant ? The one that Blazin was using per gal of soil? Yes, I would want to be dam sure !!

Back
Top Bottom