Black African Magic

No, nana's are almost impossible to completely eliminate as it's hard to find them all in amongst the pistils and buds but, as @bluter said, that's a full on male plant. It's not all that common with feminized seed but it does happen.

And congrats on breaking free from the dispensary product. Sounds like you grew some great herb and exactly what you were needing. :welldone:
just pulled it up 🙁
what a terrible day.

Alrighty…

Been so much going on that I haven’t been able to give proper updates…

Remember the BAM that was my first plant in SIP?
FAA0A941-3479-4283-8343-F7DD4F4CEC42.jpeg

6781B406-1AC6-43D5-AB3F-9126C9199C03.jpeg
8374FD77-E889-4AE2-961A-D2FBCB0FE1C2.jpeg

I was hoping to get every branch including the lower branches level before pistils started popping up, I got about 80% near level i would say.

Currently there are over 20 cola sites basically level, with another 10-12 smaller branches about 6 inches below.

It is still recovering some impressive nutrient burn from when someone else was watering, however, it seems to still be going strong.

✌🏻

Hey everyone 👋

Question for you all:

My first run of plants I first severely over watered, then severely under watered, also struggled with getting enough nutrients in the plants. The life of the plants all seemed much much longer then I originally had expected.

Do you all find that a properly fed and water plant will reach harvest faster?

Or

Does a properly watered and fed plant just grow faster, larger, for longer?

Thanks everyone ✌🏻

Update on BAM 3.

Well, either this plant is a phenomenon or I am learning something.

15 day into flower and I am about equal to 30-40 days on the last 4 plants.

One Plant in SIP, under all the same lights, same space, definitely the way to go. Currently BAM 3 is at node 24. I have 20 flower sites from its own branch all level, and another whole group about 12” below the main flower level. My hope is sectional harvest.

No clue if this will be any relative reference: The last 3 plants all yeilded about 1/2 - 3/4 an oz per main stalk between the 12 main stalks of the 3 plants. So 🤞🏻 20 stalks, 12 - 15oz? Is that crazy thinking?

Zkittlez: Well, still no Zkittlez. I am on seed 5 of 7 in the time BAM 3 germinated and grew to this point. The one seed that did germinate was a male. First I thought a power outage which disturbed the light schedule cause the plant to hermaphadite, however, the plant was creating loads of bananas 7/8 days later, full on, no pistils. So that leads me to believe that seed was an autoflower male…??? I am not greatly skilled yet, but cant wrap my head around the first 3 duds, then a male.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: Nutrient Burn from when I was out of town and someone else water is still visible.

Pics of beasty BAM 3 attached.

Thanks everyone for all the help 🤙🏻

1036BB5D-9350-472B-9CD9-A2542473F846.jpeg

E5448376-A2D4-4A08-8D3B-8420264CB706.jpeg

D3202378-6BF2-4A34-BCFF-7D5D3323A2EF.jpeg

05D1142C-266B-49D6-98B5-0387198966D4.jpeg

403CE898-77BC-4929-AA37-DCCA0CC8FDCC.jpeg

C365E54E-045B-41E8-B8CC-A44EB99C7F01.jpeg

264DF9A7-1D74-4540-B090-E62A3EB8B563.jpeg

62A07B38-7D79-486B-9124-E0A3DCE88843.jpeg

8902DDD2-810A-4B59-9E06-B9B0685470B1.jpeg

5AA7BBE5-3187-42B5-81FC-81EAE68EBB54.jpeg

Hello 👋

Wanted to throw some updates on my current BAM.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me learn, this thing is cruising. I finally got a soil tester, and even after nearly 4 weeks of just pure water, the nitrogen was high. However, it appears it was all sent to the fan leaves, all the new growth post flowering is looking really good.

I currently have 24 or 25 flowers about the top line, and around 10 or 15 below.

Yesterday was 4 weeks in mason jars for my first harvest so I took samples. It is amazing how the last time I touched them, they were all light, fluffy, and airy. Now, they feel like normal dense buds. Without a doubt, the best cannabis I have ever had, and honestly, I know I can do a lot better.

Bam is a limonene explosion , like lemon zest, also intense undertone of sugar cookies. Super clean, drops inflammation like letting air out of a balloon. Other then inflammation drop, the effects are 100% cerebral and neurological.

OG Kush might be my all time favorite. I have had OG Kush many many times. This grow has intense blue berry, intense yet soft pine, it has diesel aroma without being “gross”, and is extremely potent. This is like Bam, but adding the same potency to not only the nervous system but also the muscles. It is intense…without being intense, if that makes sense?

The picture with the res arrow is point to the top of the plant. LST is so so so very cool.

The picture of the three buds, that is OG Kush, those three buds are just over .75 of an oz total.

Anyways, thanks again, check out the monster tree below 🤙🏻

5BEA7DD8-3D6B-4586-8EDD-0598C7A81D61.jpeg

EFDCD6DF-081C-4742-AFA1-72F6595FB211.jpeg

C7BC9ADF-1E8E-4569-A1DB-856FA25E5240.jpeg

8F38BCCC-F47A-4B1A-B6CC-F3AC0405B827.jpeg

93B591FF-AD6E-4EFF-85FA-AB3D731A5506.jpeg

30EEC3B4-1C48-4932-96F2-B838FCCDCE13.jpeg

Hello 👋

Wanted to throw some updates on my current BAM.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me learn, this thing is cruising. I finally got a soil tester, and even after nearly 4 weeks of just pure water, the nitrogen was high. However, it appears it was all sent to the fan leaves, all the new growth post flowering is looking really good.

I currently have 24 or 25 flowers about the top line, and around 10 or 15 below.

Yesterday was 4 weeks in mason jars for my first harvest so I took samples. It is amazing how the last time I touched them, they were all light, fluffy, and airy. Now, they feel like normal dense buds. Without a doubt, the best cannabis I have ever had, and honestly, I know I can do a lot better.

Bam is a limonene explosion , like lemon zest, also intense undertone of sugar cookies. Super clean, drops inflammation like letting air out of a balloon. Other then inflammation drop, the effects are 100% cerebral and neurological.

OG Kush might be my all time favorite. I have had OG Kush many many times. This grow has intense blue berry, intense yet soft pine, it has diesel aroma without being “gross”, and is extremely potent. This is like Bam, but adding the same potency to not only the nervous system but also the muscles. It is intense…without being intense, if that makes sense?

The picture with the res arrow is point to the top of the plant. LST is so so so very cool.

The picture of the three buds, that is OG Kush, those three buds are just over .75 of an oz total.

Anyways, thanks again, check out the monster tree below 🤙🏻

5BEA7DD8-3D6B-4586-8EDD-0598C7A81D61.jpeg

EFDCD6DF-081C-4742-AFA1-72F6595FB211.jpeg

C7BC9ADF-1E8E-4569-A1DB-856FA25E5240.jpeg

8F38BCCC-F47A-4B1A-B6CC-F3AC0405B827.jpeg

93B591FF-AD6E-4EFF-85FA-AB3D731A5506.jpeg

30EEC3B4-1C48-4932-96F2-B838FCCDCE13.jpeg
Congratulations, and Well Done! Nothing like the buds you grow yourself. :green_heart:

Hello Everyone,

Long absence here. Not much for the big BAM other then growing…and lots of it.

Since the last post i have spent all my time working and going to Doctors 😵‍💫 been labeled a “Polyarthritic”….cool 😑 Still no word on the “autoimmune” issue, negative on every test, other then extreme inflammation. Docs have me on random arthritis meds seeing what works 😑 All that being said, by the time I get home I am shot, the interwebs arent even a thought in my head.

So, on to why we are here, the plants!

This current plant has grown in an exponential rate in every way in a SIP, in comparison to drain out bucket.

I originally expected harvest end of August based of timeline of plants 1 & 2, however, I think I am within 3 weeks.

My last harvest, OG had 3 colas that were all around 1/4 oz, this plant has 24 that are the size of those 3 or bigger 🤯

My hope is sectional harvest just below the light line, lower the net, hopefully the plant does not go into shock and die, as there is another 15 + branches below fighting for light, that could give another good harvest 🤞🏻 Definitely would love advice on this.

I also purchased a miniature evaporative cooler, which I hang above the plants each day 1 hour before lights out, run it on high programmed for 10 hrs, along with opening and reducing an exhaust lever. Open for night to let heat out while cooler drops cold air over the plants, simulating a cool night, reduce the exhaust during the day, remove the cooler, let it warm up. I currently have a 14 degree difference between night and day, which is getting color change in the plant.

Visible nute burn is from previous post, I left all leaves so nutes would get sent there.

The buds on this plant are huge, seem way denser then the last…and have not been exposed to a male plant…very excited.

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3133.jpeg

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3127.jpeg

IMG_3109.jpeg

IMG_3108.jpeg

IMG_3106.jpeg

Do you grow any CBD strains for that inflammation?
Howdy 👋

I have not yet, however, that is on my immediate radar. Currently I have been purchasing CBD Flower, the cost is so unbelievably low it has not made sense to grow yet.

Typically my aim is:

1.5 Grams of Sativa
THC 25% +
Myrcene
Carophylenne
Humulene
Limolene

.5 Grams CBD Flower
CBD 15% +
Same Terpenes.

So in short, 25% of what I grind up is high content CBD, along with Terpenes that I know for certain dramatically help.

I would definitely be interested in CBD strains you have found to love.

Recently I purchased Pink Panther CBD flower, so far, that has been my fav 👌🏻

I just switched over from an ACDC to a Strawberry CBD from WSE, but no harvest yet. Both are about 15% CBD and less than 0.3% THC. The ACDC is a sativa leaner while the other leans indica.
Do you mix or only use CBD flower?

I find1:4 CBD-Sativa is the winner for me. I have met many and read a lot that THC doesn't do anything for pain and sickness, not me. The higher the THC the better, then add CBD to that. It is like the THC os the transport mechanism 🤷‍♂️

In my search, I found a “Medical CBD” seed at The Seed Fair, it is 30% CBD 🤯 That is what I have been keeping my eye on.

Flower Friday.

Last grow I was not able to get cool enough temps at night, and warm enough temps in the day. I feel very good about my current setup, cool evening temps, hot days, this plant is finally giving me real color change.

Personally I don't care what color it is, the color means the plant is doing good, terpenes are jamming etc.

Anyways, check out the flowers, definitely about to cut and hang these.

IMG_3197.jpeg

IMG_3212.jpeg

IMG_3213.jpeg

IMG_3215.jpeg

IMG_3216.jpeg

Do you mix or only use CBD flower?

I find1:4 CBD-Sativa is the winner for me. I have met many and read a lot that THC doesn't do anything for pain and sickness, not me. The higher the THC the better, then add CBD to that. It is like the THC os the transport mechanism 🤷‍♂️

In my search, I found a “Medical CBD” seed at The Seed Fair, it is 30% CBD 🤯 That is what I have been keeping my eye on.
I grow three different strains, a high cbd/low thc, a high cbg/low thc, and a moderate thc/low cbd/cbg. That allows the mixing to my heart's content.

Both cbd and thc treat pain, but it depends on the cause of the pain. If neuropathic then thc is the ticket, but if the pain is caused by inflammation, then cbd is probably the better choice. And studies seem to indicate that either is more effective with a little bit of the other.

I grow three different strains, a high cbd/low thc, a high cbg/low thc, and a moderate thc/low cbd/cbg. That allows the mixing to my heart's content.

Both cbd and thc treat pain, but it depends on the cause of the pain. If neuropathic then thc is the ticket, but if the pain is caused by inflammation, then cbd is probably the better choice. And studies seem to indicate that either is more effective with a little bit of the other.
I am hopefully 🤞🏻 going to be getting an MRI soon, head, then spine, 90 days apart 😖 I think I have two things going, nerve pain, and something causing inflammation like I got in a street fight with king kong.

Hello everyone 👋

Just dropping some flower pics.

Question: For those who have grown long flowering landrace sativas: Have you experimented with going 11/13 or 10/14 in late flowering?

This plant has extremely long flowering period, which I am learning. Last time I stayed with 12/12, in the end, the tops were turning brownish and just under was still pretty green. Wondering if more darkness would be wise as it would help “ripen” the plant.

Also: Regarding Trichomes: For long flowering sativas have any of you encountered plants where the trichomes never change? And you have to go off watching pistils and plant health?

Thanks 🙏

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3246.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg

I am hopefully 🤞🏻 going to be getting an MRI soon, head, then spine, 90 days apart 😖 I think I have two things going, nerve pain, and something causing inflammation like I got in a street fight with king kong.
Yep, sounds like you're a good candidate for a blend. The cbd will help with inflammation and therefore the pain caused from that, while the thc will help with the nerve pain.

Hello everyone 👋

Just dropping some flower pics.

Question: For those who have grown long flowering landrace sativas: Have you experimented with going 11/13 or 10/14 in late flowering?

This plant has extremely long flowering period, which I am learning. Last time I stayed with 12/12, in the end, the tops were turning brownish and just under was still pretty green. Wondering if more darkness would be wise as it would help “ripen” the plant.

Also: Regarding Trichomes: For long flowering sativas have any of you encountered plants where the trichomes never change? And you have to go off watching pistils and plant health?

Thanks 🙏

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3246.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg
I've not grown them, but have read about others that do. Landrace sativa's seem to benefit from a bit shorter light periods as you suggest.

Back
Top Bottom