Black Kush From Clone, LED, Coco

Lungren

Day oneish
well hi, second go around here
received some clones from a friend of mine, seem a little small and stretched and sad....said they are about 2 months old and were on GH about 900 PPM veg nutes, in a soiless something with vermiculite
gonna grow em out i think?
in a 5x5x6.5 tent in a basement
using a california lightworks solarsystem 550, with controller
gonna run in coco/perlite 75/25 mix i think
hand water with Advanced Nutrients
use some blu sky michoriza
not quite sure what they are planted in right now but will be transplanting to some 3g knockoff airpots, then to some 5g radicle bags to finish
leeched them when i got them to get all that brown GH stuff out, just waiting for them to dry out a bit so i can transplant them to the 3G
excited to try out full coco this time, been reading alot about it here and there!!!

Day oneish
well hi, second go around here
received some clones from a friend of mine, seem a little small and stretched and sad....said they are about 2 months old and were on GH about 900 PPM veg nutes, in a soiless something with vermiculite
gonna grow em out i think?
in a 5x5x6.5 tent in a basement
using a california lightworks solarsystem 550, with controller
gonna run in coco/perlite 75/25 mix i think
hand water with Advanced Nutrients
use some blu sky michoriza
not quite sure what they are planted in right now but will be transplanting to some 3g knockoff airpots, then to some 5g radicle bags to finish
leeched them when i got them to get all that brown GH stuff out, just waiting for them to dry out a bit so i can transplant them to the 3G
excited to try out full coco this time, been reading alot about it here and there!!!
Give the clones a wee flush mate and cut the nutes down to 300ppm, so a third of what they're on. feed every day to run off and they'll be back on their feet in a week mate. Sounds like it's promix they're in.
Coco growing is the way forward though. Love the stuff. It's rediculously simple :)

Day 3
temp 27c
RH 45%
pots still wet as fuck
don't know if i should transplant them or try and root them out in what they are in
they lookin a little sad and droopy, as i havent given them anything yet and have had my light on 24 hrs
will swap to 18/6 tomorrow
think i should start root hormone stuff and feed them in what they are in now? or should i let them dry a bit and transplant them to the 3g?
pretty sure rooted pots need watering everyday

Your plants look pretty big for those pots. I would recommend maybe let them dry out a bit and transplant when you can.

Are you growing in coco or soil?

Yes perlite should be added 50/50 to soil and at least 60/40 perlite in coco. I know people that swear that coco doesn’t need perlite as it has such great drainage compounds in it already. They put about an inch or so of washed gravel in the bottom of the pot to prevent water from sitting in the bottom of the pot and boom away they grow. I was going to try that this past grow but I said to the hell with it and just added perlite.

Why arent you feeding them anything mate?
They're now in full on pH lock out due to the amount of crystallised nutes in the mix. Can tell by the mad Def in the mid growth. Your pH is way too high.

Need to run plenty weak nutes through them or they're gonna die.
The roots are struggling man that's why they look like shit.
"Healthy roots , healthy fruits " :)

I sound a bit drastic but if you insist on letting them dry out I will actually post a big smiley face when they die :)

Why arent you feeding them anything mate?
They're now in full on pH lock out due to the amount of crystallised nutes in the mix. Can tell by the mad Def in the mid growth. Your pH is way too high.

Need to run plenty weak nutes through them or they're gonna die.
The roots are struggling man that's why they look like shit.
"Healthy roots , healthy fruits " :)

I sound a bit drastic but if you insist on letting them dry out I will actually post a big smiley face when they die :)
You know after further examination of the photos they do look very un happy!

I did not catch that he wasn’t feeding them anything, he said they’re still wet and looked wet so I assumed they were fed previously.

I take back my statement and say a mandatory transplant is in order as soon as you can, give a really good flush with clean ph’d water and create a good feeding regimen after they dry out.

Day 3
temp 27c
RH 45%
pots still wet as fuck
don't know if i should transplant them or try and root them out in what they are in
they lookin a little sad and droopy, as i havent given them anything yet and have had my light on 24 hrs
will swap to 18/6 tomorrow
think i should start root hormone stuff and feed them in what they are in now? or should i let them dry a bit and transplant them to the 3g?
pretty sure rooted pots need watering everyday

Bottom picture. Look at the colour of the bottom leaves. They aren't yellow yet.
That means the deficits are from pH lockout.
That has been caused by the high strength nutes being left to sit and dry out.
Your plants are burning mate.
If it was starvation the bottom leaves would've went yellow by now.
The answer is to feed them a lot of volume at a weak dose, numerous times per day if you can for at least a few days.

Your plants look pretty big for those pots. I would recommend maybe let them dry out a bit and transplant when you can.

Are you growing in coco or soil?

Yes perlite should be added 50/50 to soil and at least 60/40 perlite in coco. I know people that swear that coco doesn’t need perlite as it has such great drainage compounds in it already. They put about an inch or so of washed gravel in the bottom of the pot to prevent water from sitting in the bottom of the pot and boom away they grow. I was going to try that this past grow but I said to the hell with it and just added perlite.
Have a peak at how I do Coco in my hydro house grow mate. Latest pics in the last 3 pages that show what I'm upto. I let them sit in 4L of run off :)

Back
Top Bottom