Blazinjones's Hydro - Ebb 'n Flow - Grow Journal - 2016

20160711_141734.jpg

So this is what im using for nutrients but since i only have 3 plants im wondering if i shud use a full dose or not plz any1 tht has sum info i wud greatly appreciate it
Start at little under half or 1/4 until you get a feel for heat. Try and keep ppm under 900.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

20160711_192710.jpg
20160711_192645.jpg
20160711_192754.jpg

So these r my new lights tht came in the mail i figured id show the spectrum as well cuz i was wonering about the one on the right the yellow boxd one it shows alot mre red which wudtn tht mean mre for flowering stage versus the veg stage like it said online idk but these r the girls aftr i switched 2 12/12 2day the pic is about an hour ana half aftr i flipd thm
Very nice. Plants that size ppm 600 to 750 should be fine.

Start at 4200K, daylight for veg. HPS for flower, last two weeks 7200K to finish.
Great setup.

I dnt hav a ppm meter and arent those kinda expensive?? Jus wondering if its a major nesceity or shud i concentrate on the ph levels n the nutes
dfaa498ff94ddc3c7e25d3ee05ef6d77.jpg

Not much, $20. I use for tracking nutes in my grow. It's not a deal breaker. PH pen is key.

2de36d4130f7a0f145aa622c740f419b.jpg

4200k daylight is perfect. You got great spectrum toi, here is my 400 watt spec.

12a39706025e5601a8f34d0c4d17f64c.jpg

And I flower under this.

52927301f152bc01454f3609b82f016d.jpg

And add UVB with this 26 watt bulb.

2edb2c2e0d9a8432a3d5c01c82611290.jpg

Sorry distracted, 4200K is great veg. 7200K is finisher to promote oil production. Used to soon can damage yield if plant not ready to finish.

Cheers

20160713_162100.jpg

K so my plant is yellowing and browning of the leaves n curling up idk y this is can any1 help me figure this out please and thanx
20160713_161858.jpg

This 1 shows alil beter the curling please sum1 help me figure this out thank you

Look at new vs old growth, if new growth good old bad, add micro nute. If new bad old good add macro nute. I'd just ensure PH is stable and add some Mg/Ca, to grow nutes. I think I remember you have not used any Grow nutes yet, if that's the case, it's time to start now once def's are seen. Damaged leafs will not recover but new growth should show stability soon.

K so i jus checkd ph on my girls n it was up way hi again like in the 9.0 region im useing this for a ph kit
20160713_234538.jpg

Idk if this is a gud1 or nt but seems 2b doin the trick all though i wudnt no wat it wud look like if it wasnt workn rite so if any1 cud giv me any tips i wud greatly appreciate it

Sorry, look up Mobil vs non mobile nutes. One hits old growth one hits new growth. Basically you can add micro nutes or big bloom by FF. Its a Compost tea, low on NPK but has bat poop, worm poop, kelp. I'd use this for bad old growth, bad new growth I'd use some type of Grow. But if your locked out due to PH it won't help. Ca/Mg is also a good health tonic if used lightly. It's important not to try a few different things. Soil takes time for change. Pick one solution and run with it. Folar feed with light grow nute and water, it will keep plant going until trouble is isolated.

Hydro has different nutes. I'm sorry for confusion. Hydro can harm plants quickly but you can use same way to check leafs. I'd read up on hydro issues because it can be a bunch of things. Warm water can cause root rot which will show some same symptoms. Now you need to be carful. Read up on res flush post stress to get an idea of what needs to be done. I'd flush with ph'ed tap to clean res after checking water temperature. If it's been running warm you might have other issues. If not, flush and feed with 1/4 strength nutes. Then cross your fingers. That's all you can do for now.

OK...Hydro guy here to help! :cheesygrinsmiley:

First, Millertm had you on track with PH. Maintaining proper PH is absolutely critical for hydro (see my "Top 5 Lessons" link below). Also, make sure that small seedling has roots deep enough in the res. You may need to hand water that one until her roots hit the "wet spot".

Correct the PH and run 1/2 strength nutes and I'd be willing to bet she perks back up, unless you're using some bad tap or well water, but a PH of 9 is MORE than enough to cause you those problems! Try to shoot for starting PH of 5.5. It will drift up over time. When it get up to around 6, bring it back down to 5.5.

Also, while I don't think it's the issue, make sure your lights aren't too close and you don't have a fan blowing directly on them.

Finally, on your DIY flood table, make sure you use solid/opaque plastic for the reservoir. With clear plastic, you'll end up growing algae & bacteria in the res.

I'll check in on you. ;)

My res. Is all black so no lite gets threw and my light is 14in away giv r take a cm r 2 from my 2 bigger plants and about 20 in. From the lil one n i will move my lil desk fan off from blown directly on them n i try 2 get the ph down btween 5.5 an 6.0 but i change ph by adding ph down every morning shud i b doin it mre thn once a day? How often shud i check the ph? And i gav thm 15 tsp of florabloom n 5tsp of floramicro and 2 tsp of floragro n they r general hydroponics brand nutes n tht was on sunday ibelieve oh n bout 5 hours ago i added 3 lil pinches of epsom salt mixd in with sum warm water n dumpd tht in the 10 gal. Res.

Mr. Krip do u no how often i shud use nutes n im guna b getn my organic nutes in the mail soon here n tht will b bush doctors ffox farm 8 pack of 16oz bottles n they are bembe flowers boomerang kangaroots microbe sledgehammer kelp me kelp you and wholly mackerel and i will b useing big bud nutes 2 but i dnt think i use tht rite nw do i?

My res. Is all black so no lite gets threw and my light is 14in away giv r take a cm r 2 from my 2 bigger plants and about 20 in. From the lil one n i will move my lil desk fan off from blown directly on them n i try 2 get the ph down btween 5.5 an 6.0 but i change ph by adding ph down every morning shud i b doin it mre thn once a day? How often shud i check the ph? And i gav thm 15 tsp of florabloom n 5tsp of floramicro and 2 tsp of floragro n they r general hydroponics brand nutes n tht was on sunday ibelieve oh n bout 5 hours ago i added 3 lil pinches of epsom salt mixd in with sum warm water n dumpd tht in the 10 gal. Res.

OK...in the pic of your DIY setup, I saw the clear plastic tub and wanted to make sure you weren't going to have roots or nutes in it!

20160711_204203.jpg

There's nothing wrong with the GH nutes or the FF nutes, but right now, your plant is stressed and you don't want to start overfeeding. Because of the lockout due to high PH, she couldn't get all the nutes she needed. So, 1/4-1/2 strength will be enough to get her to perk up.

PH adjust the final nutrient solution to about 5.5. In the beginning, you may want to check PH a couple of times per day, just to make sure you get a handle on how quick it's rising. Like I said, when PH reaches 6.0 or higher, PH it back down to 5.5. Don't get into the habit of adding PH up or down UNLESS the PH NEEDS to be adjusted. It's NOT a nutrient, it just puts the solution at an acidity level where the optimum nutrients can be absorbed by the plant.

Mr. Krip do u no how often i shud use nutes n im guna b getn my organic nutes in the mail soon here n tht will b bush doctors ffox farm 8 pack of 16oz bottles n they are bembe flowers boomerang kangaroots microbe sledgehammer kelp me kelp you and wholly mackerel and i will b useing big bud nutes 2 but i dnt think i use tht rite nw do i?

Generally, you would dump the old res and put in fresh nutes weekly. During the week, you can top off the res with plain H2O and PH adjust the solution AFTER topping off back to 5.5. Once you've topped off with 10 gallons of plain H2O, if by some chance it happens quicker than a week, you should dump the old solution, add fresh nutes and PH adjust.

U say u wana make sure i dnt have root r nute goin inside the clear tub well the only clear tub i got will b for holdn the plants so do u mean like the roots tht poke threw the drain holes in the pots the plants r in cuz i trim those off n throw away n u also state if "it" happens quicker then a week u shud dump the old solution, add fresh nutes n ph adjust what do u mean by "it"

U say u wana make sure i dnt have root r nute goin inside the clear tub well the only clear tub i got will b for holdn the plants so do u mean like the roots tht poke threw the drain holes in the pots the plants r in cuz i trim those off n throw away n u also state if "it" happens quicker then a week u shud dump the old solution, add fresh nutes n ph adjust what do u mean by "it"

If your plants will be in pots sitting in the clear container, you don't need to trim any roots that poke out. But, if the pots are sitting in a clear container, when you flood the clear container, light will get at the nutrient solution and promote the growth of algae. In hydro, we typically try to avoid the roots or nutes being exposed to light for any period of time.

If you start with a full 10 gallon res and the plants, for example, are using 1 gallon per day, it would take 10 days to top off with 10 gallons. In that case, do weekly res changes. If the plants are using 2 gallons per day, it would take 5 days to top off with 10 gallons. If this happens, it's best to dump the whole res at 5 days and replenish with fresh nutes, which should, of course, be PH-adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom