Blazinjones's Hydro - Ebb 'n Flow - Grow Journal - 2016

In test 1 u say let system run for an hour what do u mean? Like shud i turn the pump on for an hour so plant/flood tray is full

Well, I'd prefer to have it flood & drain a couple/few times than just stay full for an hour. The point is to make sure the nutrient solution is thoroughly mixed and see how its PH is effected by the medium.

20160715_204723.jpg

I got this in menards cuz i ran out of ph down crystals n the the ph down powder i orderd in the mail hasnt came yet n i need sumthn to lower the ph cuz its way 2 hi everytyme i check it so im wondering if this stuff will work till my normal powder arrives any1 tht can help me i wud greatly appreciate it

FYI...it won't be the same as a hydroponic PH down solution which uses phosphoric acid (and, phosphorous is a nutrient!) with buffers that help keep the res PH stable. It may work to lower PH, but I doubt it would contain those buffers and I'd be concerned about what chemicals I might be giving to my plants. ;)

Sodium bisulfate 93.3% sodium sulfate 6.7%

The Sodium Bisulfate should be fine...I think that's also in normal PH down...and, I would think the sodium sulfate in small quantities would also be OK.

The issue is that I don't know in what concentrations that formula may be toxic to plants?

Sorry, Brother, but I just don't know

And hw much vinegar shud i use

As much as it takes to get PH to about 5.5! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm guessing about 2-3 tsp per gallon but depends on how high your starting PH is...could be more (or less!).

Lemon juice will work in a pinch Blazin.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

K so i jus got a brita water filter so shud i empty out the res. N change with brita filterd water n thn adjust the ph with vinegar till my ph down powder cums in the mail

Yeah, but remember to add your nutes before you PH adjust ;)

Vinegar will rase PH. Be careful.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

You got that backwards, Brother! Vinegar is acidic...it will lower PH just like lemon juice. Baking soda will raise the PH.

Back
Top Bottom