Blazinjones's Hydro - Ebb 'n Flow - Grow Journal - 2016

Actually, I don't think there's anything wrong with starting in hydro BUT, if you're going to do hydro (or even soil!) you MUST monitor and control PH. Soil is more forgiving because of the buffers in the soil, but proper PH is critical for any grow and even more so for hydro.
I agree, local grow store discourages hydro for now growers. They seen a greater drop off then with soil. It works great but takes attn to details to get right. Thanks Krip.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hey Blazin ;)
Seems like the guys have you back on track again, just caught up and i have to say, listen to Mr. Krip, some valuable info in his posts for a newbie here ;) I dont run ebb + flow but i do run DWC systems which are both hydro, PH meter is the most valuable item for a hydro grower, ppm meter doesnt matter too much in soil or coco but is almost a necessity in hydro unless you are running drain to waste, plants in different stages, health or genetics also play a part in how much the plant will uptake, some days my plants will drink a lot more water than the nutrients which will bring the ppm right up and other days they might have a good feed and take more nutrients than water bringing the ppm down.

The only time you should be checking ph when mixing up nutes is after everything has been added, usually all additives like silica, root stimulants, CaMg, micro, bloom boosters etc followed by base nutes followed by ph buffering ;)

You can use all types of ph buffers in hydro but i would get some decent stuff with phosphoric acid. Cheaper solutions and citric based buffers will break down a lot quicker in hydro systems which means a lot more fluctuations of the res and will mean you are constantly checking and adjusting. On another note with a proper phosphoric acid ph down you will use a lot less, for example when mixing up my 27L DWC it will settle around 6.5, it only takes around 8 drops of ph buffer to bring it down to 5.8 which is where i run mine, over the next week i let it drift anywhere between 5.5-6.3 but if it goes over or under will be buffered back to 5.8 :thumb: very rarely do i add any ph buffers during the week, it is usually very stable unless the plant has a huge growth spurt.

Subbed in mate :passitleft:

Thank u guys for all ur info i really appreciate it since this is my first hydro setup im learning as learning as i go which prolly isnt the best 4 the plants considering but there r only bag seeds i figured id test out the new ebb n flow kit by doin a few harvest wit my seeds n use tht 2 learn everything i can and thn order sum seeds? But yea thanx again every1 i appreciate it.

Hi guys question since im using vinegar to lower the ph it dont hav any of the phosphorus nutrient in it right? So im wondering if i shud use alil more florabloom in nutes since it has a higher rate of available phosphate 5% n soluble potash4% jus untill my ph adjusting powder arrives in the mail

Hi guys question since im using vinegar to lower the ph it dont hav any of the phosphorus nutrient in it right? So im wondering if i shud use alil more florabloom in nutes since it has a higher rate of available phosphate 5% n soluble potash4% jus untill my ph adjusting powder arrives in the mail

No...just follow nute directions on bottle and PH it correctly after.

Ok im kinda confused krip cuz i cant do the ph the correct way cuz i dnt hav my ph down powder im havn to use vinegar instead to bring dwn the ph jus untill my ph down powder shows up in the mail

Ok im kinda confused krip cuz i cant do the ph the correct way cuz i dnt hav my ph down powder im havn to use vinegar instead to bring dwn the ph jus untill my ph down powder shows up in the mail

What's the confusion? Just mix your nutes and start adding vinegar until you get PH to about 5.5.

20160716_142235.jpg

K so this plant has lil green hairs and white one where u look 2c if its a male or a female so if any1 cud help me figure it out i wud greatly appreciate it thank you

Looks female my friend

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

K so at 4:30 am today 17th i topped water off from 7.5 gal to 10 gal. N had a ph in the 9s so brought it down to 5.5 then at 3:45 it was up again so i used 9oz of vinegar 2 bring ph dwn to 5.5 then checkd an hour later 4:45 n ph was roughly 6.3 so i used 3.5oz vinegar at 5pm to bring ph down to 5.5 thn at 11:30 pm ph 7.0 so i used 6 oz of vinegar to bring ph dwn to 5.5

K so at 4:30 am today 17th i topped water off from 7.5 gal to 10 gal. N had a ph in the 9s so brought it down to 5.5 then at 3:45 it was up again so i used 9oz of vinegar 2 bring ph dwn to 5.5 then checkd an hour later 4:45 n ph was roughly 6.3 so i used 3.5oz vinegar at 5pm to bring ph down to 5.5 thn at 11:30 pm ph 7.0 so i used 6 oz of vinegar to bring ph dwn to 5.5

It won't be as bad with the PH Down because of the buffers that are not contained in the vinegar

Meaning the ph wont drop as drastically wen i start useing the ph down??

I mean, it won't be swinging back up every couple of hours, so you won't have to adjust it as often. Maybe once every couple/few days. And, it will only take a couple of ml's to adjust it!

O wow ok so i dnt get this kit at all is this powder supoosed 2 adjust the ph and stuff dwn to 5.5 or will i need sumthn else if sum1 cud explain how i shud use my kit i wud greatly appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom