Blazinjones's Hydro - Ebb 'n Flow - Grow Journal - 2016

You got that backwards, Brother! Vinegar is acidic...it will lower PH just like lemon juice. Baking soda will raise the PH.
I stand corrected

pH of Common Chemicals

Glad I use PH DOWN or I might have been in trouble.

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Oh, lemon juice is PH 2, I though I've seen it used before. Vinegar is a new one.

Cheers

K so im havn numerous people tell me i shud do the ph adjusting b4 nutes and sum r telln me 2 do it aftr so im wondering what is best do the nutes b4 or aftr i adjust the ph and thanx again krip n millertm for all the help i appreciate it u guys r helpn me alit threw this grow lol

if you don't mind me asking why would you ad ph after your nutes?

K so im havn numerous people tell me i shud do the ph adjusting b4 nutes and sum r telln me 2 do it aftr so im wondering what is best do the nutes b4 or aftr i adjust the ph and thanx again krip n millertm for all the help i appreciate it u guys r helpn me alit threw this grow lol

Because your nutes will throw the PH back off.

Because your nutes will throw the PH back off.
o ok ive always added it because I run pure water before nutes to give the buckets a good clean slate to work with then add nutes ,, then adjust as so... I was worried the nutes were gonna get off.

remember to add Micro before Bloom and Grow

The back of most nutes will say to mix feed then PH. It keeps PPM down. Using nutes on PH 7 water will drop it under 5. Then you add PH up to get to 5.5. If you just mix tap and nutes you only add PH (anything) once.

Cheers

Eh, I see. I'm soil, I still need to learn hydro. It's on my list.

Thanks

I've seen that too. It's saturated, can you check PPM?

Not PPM, only tester. PH test strip's are cheap but very general. Just a question for you please don't take it wrong. Why start in ebb and flow? Soil is a forgiving medium and is great to learn and improve your skills. Hydro is faster but you can kill your plants quickly and it requires much more attention then soil.

Cheers

Not PPM, only tester. PH test strip's are cheap but very general. Just a question for you please don't take it wrong. Why start in ebb and flow? Soil is a forgiving medium and is great to learn and improve your skills. Hydro is faster but you can kill your plants quickly and it requires much more attention then soil.

Cheers

Actually, I don't think there's anything wrong with starting in hydro BUT, if you're going to do hydro (or even soil!) you MUST monitor and control PH. Soil is more forgiving because of the buffers in the soil, but proper PH is critical for any grow and even more so for hydro.

Back
Top Bottom