Brah's 5 Gallon Hempy, Melon Fizz, Mars Hydro TSW 2000, Grow Journal

Trimming has begun! Both these girls are a very easy to trim and have nice dense nugs.

So far Anita is the hands down terp-queen / bag appeal winner. The terps remind me a lot of the strain Samoas, also by Archive (which I loved), but Anita's smoke is much better.

Honey has nice big nugs, but they don't look as frosty and the smell isn't really anything to write home about yet. We'll see where the chips land when they're both fully dry and cured.

Right now it's looking like Anita is the headstash pheno, and Honey is the production pheno.

Catch ya on the flipside.
:lot-o-toke:

645.jpg

10 days post cut. Already burns clean and tastes amazing. Sister smoked some and said "it tastes so limey, piney and skunky. This is how weed is supposed to taste, like really good old school weed." More points for hempy!

Turkey oven roasting bags can help you get through the burping stage. Just one thing to burp rather than a bunch. Then when down to your storage humidity, jar 'em up.

Haven't used them myself but others here have had good luck with them.

ripit - Copy.png

melonfizz3.png

Melon Fizz: Smoke Report and Wrapup

_SMOKE_

Appearance (6 out of 10):
Nice tight dense nugs. GREAT nug structure, spade shaped with rounded tops. Cured to a nice olive green, with hints of purple and red. Light orange and red hairs. Good trichome coverage, but not dripping with frost.

Smell (8 out of 10): Melon candy transitions to lemon and pine before a skunky finish. Stinks up the whole room. I had a small nug in my pocket and a friend smelled it from about 5 feet away outside. Reminds me of some really good 90s weed.

Taste (7 out of 10): Creamy, fruit candy, skunk and a little pine. Delicious in the vape. Smokes smooth and clean, leaving white ashes, but the terps aren't the strongest. Dependably good, but not incredibly unique or mind blowing.

Effects (8 out of 10): If I remember right Melon Fizz is a 50/50 hybrid. The high reflects that, in a balanced way that doesn't feel too muddled. Mellow narcotic body high with a light headband sensation. Creative and alert sativa feelings, but pretty spacey. I can get things done, but its really easy to zone out for long periods of time. We've taken to calling it Mellow Fizz.

_WRAPUP_

I would recommend this strain. Despite my many mistakes it still produced a good quantity of quality flower. We look forward to trying it again to see what its like when you really nail it.

Huge thanks to @Emilya, your Girl Scout Cookies comparative grow brought me to this site and inspired me to start a journal.

@FelipeBlu, thanks for being so patient with me, and for all the help relearning the ins and outs of mixing nutrient solutions for hydro. I would have failed miserably without you.

SweetSue, thanks for starting Hempy Headquarters (Hempy Headquarters) its an awesome resource.

@bluter, thanks for starting
Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters (Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters) another amazing group with lots to share.

Thanks everyone who stopped in, hung out, and maybe smoked a bowl with us. I hope you found something entertaining or informative.

That ends this grow journal. @420 please move this to the completed journals section.

Back
Top Bottom