BREAKING: MJ to be reclassified as Schedule III

Do we call white willow bark a drug? No, but it can help alleviate pain.

Do we call kava kava root a drug? No, but it has beneficial calming and muscle relaxing effects.

Do we call chamomile a drug? No, but a strong cup of chamomile tea can put you right to sleep.

All of these and hundreds more are legal substances in the U.S.

Now if you make an extract or concentrate, that's a bit different. An analogy is chewing coca leaves vs. making cocaine. Well, sort of, because in the case of cannabis you can just squeeze the buds with a rosin press and you've got your concentrate.

Cannabis is a medicinal herb. It's not a drug.

Ok so here is a question , now that it is being reclassified as a medicine , will employers now have to recognize medical marijuana cards ? Because my employer will still fire you if you show up positive on a drug test , even if you have a card

Ok so here is a question , now that it is being reclassified as a medicine , will employers now have to recognize medical marijuana cards ? Because my employer will still fire you if you show up positive on a drug test , even if you have a card
Good question, and I think it will probably take a while for the legal aspects to settle out. First, the reclassification needs to actually take place. So far, the DEA has recommended the reclassification, so there's some more steps to go.

As things progress, I know a cannabis lawyer who could help answer questions.

Back
Top Bottom