Breeding with a Hermie male

I was given some seeds from friends. 1 bag seed. 4 regular photoperiod seeds from a seed bank. unknown strain. Stoner mate can't remember. The one regular looks like it was going to be a bushy girl suddenly stretched and was a boy. A flower opened yesterday and I pollinated the bagseed and
IMG_20211008_193927.jpg
IMG_20211007_184549.jpg
IMG_20211007_184531.jpg
IMG_20211007_184417.jpg
female regular and a black cherry punch mother I let flower. Today I checked and the boy has girl bits. Is this good for breeding or bad. Can the male to female Hermie thing cause female offspring to tend to hermie

I was given some seeds from friends. 1 bag seed. 4 regular photoperiod seeds from a seed bank. unknown strain. Stoner mate can't remember. The one regular looks like it was going to be a bushy girl suddenly stretched and was a boy. A flower opened yesterday and I pollinated the bagseed and
IMG_20211008_193927.jpg
IMG_20211007_184549.jpg
IMG_20211007_184531.jpg
IMG_20211007_184417.jpg
female regular and a black cherry punch mother I let flower. Today I checked and the boy has girl bits. Is this good for breeding or bad. Can the male to female Hermie thing cause female offspring to tend to hermie
Stone Ape, in a way I envy you. I found a male last year, I forgot the strains name, anyway she/he was a beautiful specimen of a plant and like most other farmers I pulled she/he to save the pure ladies.
Later that day I regretted destroying the plant. I could have isolated that hermie from the others and when/if he started to pollinate, I try to capture some in a plastic bag and do a little experimenting with one of the ladies I had an extra of and play with nature.
Anyway back to your question; I have no idea if there will be offspring and if so, it will take several weeks to even know if the seed turns out to germinate and later what sex or strain will the plant be.
I'll wager with you that before the day is over, someone smarter than I will provide you (and me) with the answer.
Fun chatting with you.

Nothing I have experimented with personally, but general consensus is seeds from a hermie are more prone to being one as it is a recessive trait. True Hermies like that where they have both male and female parts are even more rare than them throwing out nanners and selfing as that is more common. The one time I had a true Hermie I got rid of it fast as didn't want it pollinating the other plants. I had a heavy Sativa that threw out tons of nanners and I let it go and it pollinated itself but not the two plants next to it, which was odd. Personally I have plenty of seeds so I may never experiment with those seeds, as rather have stable plants I can go full cycle with, but one never knows. So guess part of your decision be based on if you don't have much for seeds or not whether you even try it.

It's not just self pollinating. It's going with 2 completely different strains other than itself. So there's got to be something viable in there I guess. Funny coz I have been trying to find a male plant for years. The first one that comes along weirded out.
So SApe, what are your plan's with that weirded out plant? The curiosity is killing me, lol.

He was just there for pollen. Pretty much a 3 way pollen Chuck. But now it's got pistils be interesting to smoke some.
It is smokable, tried it myself and not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom