broke my main stalk

go4snypr

Hey, just like the title says, I broke the main stalk on the plant I was about to throw into flower. Not sure when this happened but noticed it last night. I am bending and training the plant, and this split is right down the middle of the main stalk. I already pulled it back together and wired it. How long should I wait until I throw it into flower?? just give it a week or should I leave it longer??

I'm pretty sure we all have done this, or similar. I have used plant wire and spiraled it around about 8" on each side of bend/break, and two weeks later it was repaired. I have also used popsicle sticks with duct tape, used four and and made a cast/brace with a little breathing room around stalk and it too was repaired in a few weeks.

was just hoping to flower in the next day or two, I moved it to the room its gonna flower in a few days ago. I haven't switched lighting yet though, now it looks like its gonna get a couple more weeks in veg. better off this way rather than have it break when I put the screen on it....

This happened to me while I was in mid flower. Taped it up and it grew back. Since you are still in veg depending on how far down the split it I would maybe just top it. Either way I would give it a week and a half to be safe. And don't leave the bandages on too long. I heard of bandages cutting into stalk because stalk out grew bandages

Personally I use duct tape. Used wire before and the plant grew into it. Used pipe cleaner once and the same thing happened. Duct tape man, fixes everything!! Good luck, as you know those plants are tough!

gonna be a while before I flip the lights on this baby. Here are a few pics of the damage. She has gone a little limp, I hope it will spring back up though
20141230_182940_4.jpg
20141230_183037.jpg
20141230_183006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom