Bryan's Soil In & Outdoor Grow 2020

Thanks, I did some reading and went ahead and got a bottle. It seems like good stuff, I like how they actually show there experiments/data instead of just saying things. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the mites early on and they wont be an issue anymore
Smells awesome, doesn’t make a mess, has the consistency of milk, and just works. I like that it’s food grade.
I’ve sprayed up to week 7 without messing up the trics.

Really looking forward to that getting here. I figured neem was neem and just bought a bottle of the stuff. I will say the neem oil does have a strange smell to it. Never had any kinds of pests before, I actually had a chinese lady bug flying between all the plants a little bit ago. Hopefully getting all the tasty mites :yummy:
Do you know how long would it takes for the spider mites to take over? I haven't seen the progression of their infestations yet, only people posting about their buds being all webbed up

Really looking forward to that getting here. I figured neem was neem and just bought a bottle of the stuff. I will say the neem oil does have a strange smell to it. Never had any kinds of pests before, I actually had a chinese lady bug flying between all the plants a little bit ago. Hopefully getting all the tasty mites :yummy:
Do you know how long would it takes for the spider mites to take over? I haven't seen the progression of their infestations yet, only people posting about their buds being all webbed up
You have to stay on top of them. I do an initial treatment 2-3 nights, then once a week. They double in size weekly.

@AdaminCO I have a quick question for you about the Agromagen. Do you ph your spray and if so what do you ph it to? I cant find anything on the bottle about it
No... don’t worry about that.
Be sure to get good coverage. Don’t use it when the lights are on.... you’ll burn them.

When I’m done, I hit the base of the plant to knock all the big drops off.

No... don’t worry about that.
Be sure to get good coverage. Don’t use it when the lights are on.... you’ll burn them.

When I’m done, I hit the base of the plant to knock all the big drops off.

Got it! Yeah I've been letting the tap water sit by itself to help the chlorine evaporate off a bit. Gonna spray this evening, we still get some light for a while after the sun goes down

Got it! Yeah I've been letting the tap water sit by itself to help the chlorine evaporate off a bit. Gonna spray this evening, we still get some light for a while after the sun goes down
Get you some powder ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) so you don’t have to worry with letting water sit.
Most counties use chloramine now, (bonded with ammonia to prevent evaporation) so setting it out doesn’t work.
I use 1/4 tsp per 5 gallons. Cheap and well worth not having to wait. The water sucks here in Colorado, so I did a lot of research on how to remove that crap. We don’t drink the tap water here.
BB9F1470-0D88-4F7C-84C0-EC5EBEA43E5D.jpeg

Get you some powder ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) so you don’t have to worry with letting water sit.
Most counties use chloramine now, (bonded with ammonia to prevent evaporation) so setting it out doesn’t work.
I use 1/4 tsp per 5 gallons. Cheap and well worth not having to wait. The water sucks here in Colorado, so I did a lot of research on how to remove that crap. We don’t drink the tap water here.
BB9F1470-0D88-4F7C-84C0-EC5EBEA43E5D.jpeg

Hmm I'll have to look into it, I drink the tap water around here but nobody else does. Out of the faucet i get 8.2ish If I use water that i run through my Brita filter it brings it back to 6-7ish. But the water is cold as hell coming from the fridge. Think i might get one just for the plants and keep it room temp. I was also debating installing a RO system instead. So I got some things to do some reading on. I really like the vitamin C idea, i never knew it pulled chlorine out

Figured I would share this beautiful leaf from the Blueberry Kush. Im real excited to see just how big these girls will get. I reread the watering small plants in big pots post by @Emilya and ended up giving each plant maybe a half quart of water to get the top layer of roots and holy cow! Within an hour they all perked up more than they already were and they seem to be thriving. I'll save the others for a little later in the week but just wow! Big thank you to everyone who's helped me get my shit together

20200521_141841.jpg

Here is this weeks set of updates. Spent most of the day today watering 3 plants (Skywalker, Blueberry Kush, and the supercropped Granddaddy Purple). I watered the attempted FIM'd GDP, you'll see what I mean :rofl:, yesterday as she was pretty droopy. Today she's looking alot better. Also did some adjusting of the pipe cleaners. I did get some tomato cages that seem very sturdy and we'll made.

I ended up adding the liquid kelp back to the food solution but only at 2 tbsp/gal.

Here we go

Blueberry Kush
20200523_144758.jpg

Skywalker Hybrid
20200523_123053.jpg

GDP
20200523_145532.jpg

20200523_145543.jpg

20200523_145636.jpg

20200523_160713.jpg

I figured I would show y'all my watering station. Made from an outside table without the glass.

20200523_112429_HDR.jpg

I could use some advice and others experience, I have 9 auto seed showing up in a couple weeks (3 x GG#4, 3 x CBD Kush, and 3 x Critical and Cream Cheese Hybrid). I only plan on growing 1 at a time right now. My thinking is I want to get experience harvesting and curing before I have to do it with my photo ladies. My issue is don't know which strain to start first. I know there is a lot of GG4 journals here that would be great help, this is more so what I'm leaning to, but don't want to rule the others out before talking to other growers first. That's how I ended up stumbling on this grow for a bit as well.

Heres my plan:

Solo cup into 5 gal fabric pot
Same soil
Outdoors as well
FF trio
Cal mag+
Liquid Kelp

Man its been a long ass week. Glad to finally have time back with the girls. I'll be applying agromagen tonight again and then move to the weekly applications. The pots dried out extremely fast so I gave them all water with calmag+. BBK and the slim GDP got 2 quarts and the rest just got 1 so it worked out to a nice and easy 2 gallons split between them. I also let up most of the tie downs this evening to give them time to stretch up to the first ring of the cages. I ended up moving the plants as far away from each other as I could on the bench, I was getting a few big spider webs going between the cages, maybe this will stop them. The picture will be in the next post cause I can only get 10 pictures on this one.

Blueberry Kush

20200528_162652.jpg
20200528_162707.jpg

I'm calling it "Triwalker Kush" due to being 3 different strains. I wanted to try topping super early, so I got the tips a couple days ago, waiting to see how it progresses

20200528_162724.jpg
20200528_162735.jpg

And all of the GDP

20200528_162745.jpg
20200528_162757.jpg
20200528_162824.jpg20200528_162841.jpg

Attachments

• 20200528_162752.jpg
    20200528_162752.jpg
    894.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200528_162812.jpg
    20200528_162812.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 30
Yesterday through the night we had a gnarly thunderstorm rolling through. It was the first time I've had to bring the plants back inside instead of just moving them next to a wall. Unfortunately I got home from work a little later than i would've liked to and some foliage damage had already been done. I never realised that we had super bright florescent that I used to get at least some light to them in the garage. Everything looks pretty droopy right now but I think within a couple to a few days they'll straighten back up. Most of the damage was to the sativa-like GDP, partially ripped a couple of leaves but not all the way through.

Todays a little cloudy but not too windy so that's an improvement :)

Gave another feeding and did some more training/pruning. They've really taken to stretching upwards so watering was a lot easier.
The Skywalker is growing its 8 new tops beautifully, not perfectly symmetrical but not too bad.

I will have pictures tomorrow when the suns out again.

Quick question: any reason why the one I tried to FIM is growing really long and lanky, almost like a sativa

Looks like you're on the right track over here. I've never tried main-lining outdoors, interested to see how it turns out.

One thing to remember is that the sun is capable of penetrating through many layers of leaves. Removing too many of them this early can actually slow your overall growth. Small branches that will never become tops are fine to remove, but try to leave the fan leaves as they're providing energy for growth. If a leaf is covering a budsite that you'd like to expose, you can tuck it around another branch instead of snipping it.

Back
Top Bottom