Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

Ouch.

I think Gold Leaf has.
Oh no I meant like I need to get over and check out how they're doing lol. Didn't meant that as a burn bud

Oh no I meant like I need to get over and check out how they're doing lol. Didn't meant that as a burn bud
Damn, and it was perfectly worded too. Couldn't have been written more sarcastically if you were born and raised in NY!

I was thinking that since he was in flower that drastic might be better, but I'm not any expert on photos. Not even autos anymore is seems :hmmmm:.

Damn, and it was perfectly worded too. Couldn't have been written more sarcastically if you were born and raised in NY!

I was thinking that since he was in flower that drastic might be better, but I'm not any expert on photos. Not even autos anymore is seems :hmmmm:.
Yep seems like 1/2 is what he chose regardless. I think a decrease of any sort was the correct call? I could be way off.... the important thing is to just keep any eye on things cause I feel like you and I have both had to just take a stab in the dark at some point. Unfortunately sometimes you have to take a little leap of faith to learn though right?

Yep seems like 1/2 is what he chose regardless. I think a decrease of any sort was the correct call? I could be way off.... the important thing is to just keep any eye on things cause I feel like you and I have both had to just take a stab in the dark at some point. Unfortunately sometimes you have to take a little leap of faith to learn though right?
Very true. I did go with 1/2. Things seems to be better this time so we'll see how the next week goes. Like you said Shed. Slow. Like I said, slow. Slow and easy does it.

Boy it's good to see you Mr.A! It's been a minute. I lost a bunch of my subs when the site changed. I still have to go check Shed, Penny, Pt, pretty much, I don't get notified on any of the subs I have since the change. I suppose enough time has passed to bother the staff with it, but I've never even got so much as a like when I have written the staff with questions or suggestions. I've checked my preferences and every box is checked. Anyways, I'll be over shortly to see what you have going since I haven't seen in a long time! Mine are pretty dark right now and I am trying to figure out if they are locked out. I just flushed last week (maybe the week before, I can't remember) and I am still getting the oblong copper/yellow spotting of Mg and K. I changed my nutes to 1/2 strength yesterday so we'll see if that help. They did seem a little darker this morning, but that is probably just my paranoid eye. Wait Wait as I tell my baby boy! Glad to see you around again!

Nope. Most mornings since flower the temp is like 68ºF and the humidity is about 45%-55%. This morning was 70ºF and 55% (the highest I've seen humidity since I flipped, but I also watered yesterday) right when the lights turn on. Something is funked up. I'm starting to think it is my ph pen. I used pool strips and I had reading where the strip was @9 while the pen said 7. Then the strips said 6.8 and then pen said 6.2. One more and the strips said 6.2 and the meter said something higher. Double birds to the meter. I am looking into a model closer to $100. I'm am done fucking around with bullshit that could take me out at the knees. I have worked way too hard and long for this to not give me a great harvest, let alone fail over a stupid pen!

I'm starting to think it is my ph pen. I used pool strips and I had reading where the strip was @9 while the pen said 7. Then the strips said 6.8 and then pen said 6.2. One more and the strips said 6.2 and the meter said something higher. Double birds to the meter. I am looking into a model closer to $100. I'm am done fucking around with bullshit that could take me out at the knees. I have worked way too hard and long for this to not give me a great harvest, let alone fail over a stupid pen!
I'm losing faith in pH pens. I got a brand new $50 one and calibrated it with 7.0 and 4.0. Everything should be hunky dory. So then I figure I'll test the hot tub instead of using the strips. I get 9.6! What? So I start dumping in spa-down to lower it to the 7.8 it's supposed to be. It takes a lot of down to lower it to 8.4 so I go to test with the test kit drops. Drop test says 6.2!!!! WTF? Then I test it with the old pH pen and it says 6.4. Now I have to add spa-UP to get it back to where it probably was to begin with. Is my new pH pen off already? Does it not like hot water? Why does the cheap pen work in hot water? Who the heck knows!
/rant

Nope. Most mornings since flower the temp is like 68ºF and the humidity is about 45%-55%. This morning was 70ºF and 55% (the highest I've seen humidity since I flipped, but I also watered yesterday) right when the lights turn on. Something is funked up. I'm starting to think it is my ph pen. I used pool strips and I had reading where the strip was @9 while the pen said 7. Then the strips said 6.8 and then pen said 6.2. One more and the strips said 6.2 and the meter said something higher. Double birds to the meter. I am looking into a model closer to $100. I'm am done fucking around with bullshit that could take me out at the knees. I have worked way too hard and long for this to not give me a great harvest, let alone fail over a stupid pen!
Us organic heads dont need worry bout no damn pens :surf:

Hey Ripe! Hope all is well with you and yours. We've missed you and need an update in that beautiful tent. :green_heart:
Thanks for the concern Shed. I can always count on you! You know how you get busy but have nothing to show for it? That has been the last week for me. Menial tasks. Enough to keep me away. I did go fishing a couple time though. Stay tuned for an update...

I appreciate that Shed! Sorry for the absence. I took pics and just never made it to posting and mostly for reasons that I don't really care about so nor should you.

However, cutting the nutes seems to have been the trick. The younger leaves coming out are of a more comfortable shade of green if you will. Tips are still burning a tad but I'll take it. It was most likely from last week anyways so...

Hairy Hippy seems very hairy, not in leaves this time, pistils. She isn't putting off a bunch of flower like her sister next to her who already has several nugs that are over an 1/8th. I think I did too much pruning too late so my question is this; did I delay her flowering or did I fuck up her flowering? I admit, you most likely aren't going to be able to tell from these pics as they are much less than flattering compared to reality. Put it this way, the NYCTD nug below is 2-3 fingers wide. Hairy Hippy's biggest cola is just bigger around than my pinky. It is longer than any other nug in the tent though. Probably 8"-9" long. I hope she fills out. Olga has the fattest nug. Here they are and I'll do a better update next time I water.

All the darker shadowed colas you see are the same size or bigger than this one.

Have a great night everybody. I'll be around catching up.

Lucky. The lakes are almost thawed here. I has been a minute hope all is well with ya ripe. I've been busy too. Looking forward to the update. Gotta go by the shed be back later

Gotta go by the shed be back later
I was just at the shed and didn't see you. Sorry!

Glad the change in nutes worked for you Ripe. Hard to say the difference in cola size. Could be pheno, could be the rough starts they got, could be the light was brighter in the early days on that side of the tent...tough to tell. There are defol methods that some folks swear by that never work for others on their grows so they do a completely different thing. That's one of the things that makes growing fascinating, rewarding, and frustrating all at once.

Tent looks great from here!

Lucky. The lakes are almost thawed here. I has been a minute hope all is well with ya ripe. I've been busy too. Looking forward to the update. Gotta go by the shed be back later

I gotta go get mama medicated and I'll be over there too! Loves Dabbs!

looks like genetics ... dont try to compare two diff strains ... more indica leaners will get huge massive colas ... some more sativas will yield smaller nugs but tend to grow in sticks covered with bud .... bonus the sativas will be the greater taste producers and the high will be more sought after ;) you cant have it all my friend ... but that wont stop us from trying hehe

looks like genetics ... dont try to compare two diff strains ... more indica leaners will get huge massive colas ... some more sativas will yield smaller nugs but tend to grow in sticks covered with bud .... bonus the sativas will be the greater taste producers and the high will be more sought after ;) you cant have it all my friend ... but that wont stop us from trying hehe
For sure, but the 2 plants in question are the same strain from the same seed bank. What you described above is exactly what is happening between the Cheese strain plants (Indica dominant) and the lone New York City Turbo Diesel (Sativa dominant) Olga (Cheese1) is bursting with thick fat nugs while Hairy Hippy (Cheese5) is just laden from top to bottom of the branches with pistils. I can see HUGE potential there as I've always wanted a bud stacked from top to bottom. There just isn't much bud packing into those pistils. Not like Cheese1. Hope, the Diesel is behaving just as a Sativa should. You really have to shake her to get her to smell, but we still have at least a month on her.

I am forecasting Cheese1 will be ready on time, end of May first of June. Cheese 5 and NYCTD will be ready two to three weeks later. Cheese 5 might even be the last one out instead of the Sativa. By the way, I want it all!!! I will figure out how to get it. Maybe not this go around, but I'll get it. We all will.

Back
Top Bottom