Lunar Gardening Community Journal: Improve Your Crops Using Simple Tricks

Allright guys, it's may 12 and the girls are huge (for autos on soil with a cheap led). I pruned the last few bits I was able to and will let the girls rest until thursday night/friday, where I will be pruning the stems that won't give much.

1589304038578.png

1589303988164.png

Other than that, the third mazar seed I had just popped out yesterday. I will try to leave one stem per node and bury the other, hopefully, growing roots from said stems to have an even bigger plant :laughtwo:

If you're planning to pop another seed, this is the week to make it. That way the girl will be ready for nutes on the new moon.

Take care all!

alright this is very confusing but also super fascinating. :thanks: :hmmmm: Count me in. gonna line up my perpetual seed planting with this schedule. can't be having 15$ seeds being duds all the time.

alright this is very confusing but also super fascinating. :thanks: :hmmmm: Count me in. gonna line up my perpetual seed planting with this schedule. can't be having 15$ seeds being duds all the time.
Great to hear! If you use rhythm of nature, remember to change the location to your country (or the nearest one + adjusting for time differences)

Welcome all :laughtwo: Today there was nothing I could do, so I untied the ladies to allow them stretch room before I prune.
1589429033005.png

We see lots of small sprouts in the plant, but they should remain largely unchanged until next week (new moon on the 22nd). I will try to remove anything small that leads to nothing.
1589429176630.png

1589429186457.png

New gal is looking good. I left some lentils on water, saved water rice and will feed everyone tomorrow at night. I want to see how much I can push on the third seed from the same lot with more boosters. I'm applying Delta 9 + bloombastic tomorrow and banana tea next week.
1589429302579.png

@bebecillo Man I am hooked , I will be trying this out myself . I have noticed times growing the same type of autos and one time the auto was 2 times the size of the others and now I believe it was because I planted it complete fluke at the right phase . So I want to try this next time I start anything but I will forllow the pruning and training and rest for the rest of my grow or try to . I just need to study up so it’s in my head and I don’t have to keep referring back and fourth .
Also water curing can you please elaborate on this I am super curious I like to try new stuff I am an open book and open to any method that gets better results then what I’m doing .
1579823461862.png

Tomorrow is new moon, so I took the time to give the plant a final pruning and accomodate the new growth. Flowering should begin this month if it's an auto.

DSC08548.jpg
this plant is very impressive can you share your training methods aswell ? Well done , this is an awesome thread and I am super happy you stopped by so I could run into this. I was reading Amy gardeners journal and she does the same thing with the moon phases.
awsome info man:adore:

For water curing I just toss the buds in a jar with water (any mason jar will do) inside the fridge. The cleaner the water, the stronger the reaction will be, balancing the salts inside the plant and the water. Air dry in a colander for 1-2 days or until dry to the touche and hang in a closet or other space until ready for jarring.
  • As buds are water inmersed, they keep maturing, so it's normal to harvest @ the corresponding moon phase and feeling there isn't enough amber there. Trust me, pistils WILL turn crispy golden.
  • Terpenes/smell/taste will be loss the more you change the water. As purity increases, strain terpene profiles decrease.
  • You can use a coffee filter to catch any pistils floating in the water.
  • Suppossedly, CBD should leech to the water, therefore, the "tea" you end up making with water curing is edible but I have 0 factual or empiric evidence to back any health benefits to this claim.
  • Don't pack the buds too tightly in the jar, might affect mobility
  • Once buds sink in fresh water, they are ready.
My traning method is mostly LST using gardening wire while the plant is still weak and building a sort of scrog inside the pot, that way I keep the mobility and am able to prune and clean uninterrupted. Pipe cleaners are impossible to get here and tobacco shops have no clue what I'm talking about everytime I ask about them. The holes in the airpots help me set up the wires there.
This is how the plants were this morning. I could definitely feel a couple "cones" with the main colas that formed by training. I'll post before and after pruning tonight.
1589482530028.png

Allright everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Next week should be harvest time for anyone following along. Also pruning and any extreme training you would like to apply to your plants, specially taking cuts for cloning.

1589551690885.png

Last night, first thing I did was water the seedling, because it was STARVING. I mixed lentil (for rooting) and rice (for energy) water in a 3:1 ratio and added 1ML of Growth-C.
1589552005735.png

Since the seedling showed nute deficiency from the start, I added used coffee grounds, but not much since I don't know how much is too much.

1589552451304.png

Next, I took a look at the ladies and chose the right one
1589552148610.png

After a lot of pruning and saying goodbye to the sucker sprouts, this is what we're left with:
1589552561219.png

I'm gonna be more proactive pruning the plant earlier. I lost a lot of little branches that didn't make it and the end result is messy, but I trust it to deliver great results. After pruning the second one, voilá:

1589552860662.png

From the sideview you can see how much the pruning helps with light penetration and why less is more once you take control of the situation:
1589552975262.png

The finishing touch was a splash of Delta-9. I usually go over the mfg. specified dosage because the surface isnt' very big.

1589553191836.png

And this was what I found this morning. As you can see, no great changes itger than branches aligning themselves to receive better lightning:
1589553428818.png

Some drops left a mark on the leaves. I'll clean that later, but after I reapply the Delta-9.

Attachments

• 1589552149254.png
    1589552149254.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 67
Hey man I just want to pick your brain a bit more , I see your using organic nutrients , are you making these yourself . I am really interested. Lintel and rice throughout your veg cycle or is this just added to your watering regiment ontop of your feeding schedule

I use organic dry amendments but often water with molasses . So I’m just super curious about what your doing ?
for autos they are pretty big, I love keeping an open mind to growing. This is one of the more interesting readsI’ve come across ,
This is something I would like to try ,
another thing when you see deficiencies what made you go to the coffee grounds. Teach me your ways master

I’m about to make some dandelion nutrients by fermenting the different parts of the dandelion.

honestly amazing read , great information I love this site so much because there are so many people growing and there are just as many different ways to grow , and most are getting awesome results .

Day 69 and 70 for this big girl on harvest days next week .. she has been my best plant to date. I thought about taking her this weekend but I’m going to wait until the 20,21.. thanks for the reminder!
Namaste

Attachments

• 516CDE01-159C-40F3-B577-71C7DB6A9D75.jpeg
    516CDE01-159C-40F3-B577-71C7DB6A9D75.jpeg
    978 KB · Views: 82
  • 5D6DBA65-C883-4120-BFBB-265DF345AF7B.jpeg
    5D6DBA65-C883-4120-BFBB-265DF345AF7B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Day 69 and 70 for this big girl on harvest days next week .. she has been my best plant to date. I thought about taking her this weekend but I’m going to wait until the 20,21.. thanks for the reminder!
Namaste
Namaste
:bravo:
She is a beautiful pheno , love the colours. Are these autos or feminized ??

Forum is misbehaving with replies, so I won't be able to quote everyone.

Re: nutrients, I use ata organics triangle pack, but I compliment it with natural supplements.

Ground Coffee: Boosts N on soil
Egg shells: Great Ca source. (Haven't had to use it yet)
Nails: Iron (Haven't had to use it yet)
Banana tea: Boosts P and K. Helps with flowering.
Lentil water: Root stimulant
Honey: Antiseptic for pruning
Rice water: Energy (lots of starch!)

I would totally love to make my own soil or have a living soil, but I would have to live in a house and sadly my apt. is about 480 sqft. only. No backyard or space for custom soil.

@Northern Hydro: Check your local timezone for the lunar calendar. Depending on the hemisphere there could be a day difference.

Glad to see this thread getting traction

Glad one of us isn't dabbed @bebecillo thanks !

My timing is still perfect, I fact, I can probably take her Sunday according to my area chart ..WINNING ! :woohoo: :thanks: Check it out @multiVortex

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 64
I'm in for a sunday chop, round about 8:30 in the morning it seems. Going to run a dark period of about 33 hours from tonight at lights off until Sunday morning.

Go little GDP runt go! :laugh:

Ok, I just applied the rest of the Delta 9 (anyone on the US should REALLY try it), tied a branch for better light penetration and am waiting on improvements on the seedling.
1589598323071.png

1589598505744.png

Sideview is getting nice as well.
1589598659910.png

But what's really getting nice is the main cola of the tall one:
1589598934237.png

I'm anxious to see how this evolves and how the buds will form.

Back
Top Bottom