Bryan's Soil In & Outdoor Grow 2020

your dog looks very much like mine from the back.
20200422_133723.jpg

Aww so freakin cute! They do look very similar from the back. Sadly she isn't ours for good, a friend of ours didn't want to have her couped up in an apartment during this whole self quarantine business. Hope you guys are doing well, I know many people are comin on hard times right now

We've been having absolutely beautiful days out the past few days, the plants were all spending most of their time outside anyways, and they were looking pretty healthy and green, so I decided to transplant the rest of them to the 5 gal fabric pots. Everything went fantastic and I'm glad I did transplant as roots were already popping out of the drain holes. (probably wasnt helping with the drainage issues) this time potting I tried 1/2 strength root and grow with half strength Cal/Mag. I mixed it in a gallon and then added another quart to dilute a little bit more, PH'd everything to ~6.5. We'll see how they respond
20200423_164425_HDR.jpg

One of the 2 I potted a few days ago looked like she was really enjoying her new home. I've seen it a couple times and the leaves pointing up to the sun. It gives me great satisfaction knowing that they are healthy and well, well atleast as good as they can be after the trauma of the spray
20200423_164433.jpg

Also I did some searching about disturbing the root ball during transplanting to loosen the roots and encourage growth. I saw good points on either side, but just couldn't make myself sure on either side so I played it safe and followed the point "stress them as little as possible."

Today I noticed the tips of the leaves on the 2 that have been outside for a couple days turning yellow, gonna keep a close eye on her until I can determine if start of nute burn or N deficiency. I didnt give any fertilizer to them, read that FF can have "hot" soils and burn the plants a little at the beginning. We shall see

Its been a whole week for the first 2 plants I moved outside for most of the rest of their lives, there is so much new growth happening that it's kinda overwhelming with trying to figure out a way to mainline them, also been tossing the idea of just scrapping the mainlining and move to something like Scrog or something.

I have also been foliar feeding with liquid kelp about 30-45 minutes before dark, so they have time to not be soaked at night but also wont burn from the lensing effect of the water. I spray kelp every 3 days and water or whatever else I need to spray on the leaves. For instance switching the water for neem oil to help with pests, etc. I have not given up on SNS-244 as I feel its unfair to have an opinion on something I used improperly

Today i watered the first couple plants to go in the pots, the lift test really does show just hoe much water had been used/dried up. I didnt give those 2 any extras with the tap water last time. This time I gave them some liquid kelp, IBA solution, and some cal-mag plus. Ph'd to 6.2

I did move the bigger Blueberry Kush plant into a fabric pot, however when transplanting the root ball fell apart, I think it was too much dirt for not enough root mass. I placed palm on top soil with stem between my fingers and had a friend hold the bucket so we could flip it and remove the plant. She isn't dead but holy Christ man i feel like she lost a lot, im hoping the roots are rebuilding and she will begin growing again in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 20200428_144745.jpg
    20200428_144745.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200428_144742.jpg
    20200428_144742.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200428_144738.jpg
    20200428_144738.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200428_144723.jpg
    20200428_144723.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200428_144716.jpg
    20200428_144716.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • 20200428_124657.jpg
    20200428_124657.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 33
Sorry I missed this! I got way behind on my threads. I always start my plants in plastic pots so I can slide the rootballs out to see if it's time to move them without incident, but I'm sure yours will be fine after a transition.
Have you noticed any difference between roughing them up a little and not?
I think roughing them up is better, and I wished I had done it with my recent transplant. If I were transplanting autos (I've only done that once) I would skip the roughing, but otherwise I'm going to do it from now on.

Sorry I missed this! I got way behind on my threads. I always start my plants in plastic pots so I can slide the rootballs out to see if it's time to move them without incident, but I'm sure yours will be fine after a transition.

I think roughing them up is better, and I wished I had done it with my recent transplant. If I were transplanting autos (I've only done that once) I would skip the roughing, but otherwise I'm going to do it from now on.
No worries at all! Thats really smart I'm going to do that next season. Honestly, she's still growing its just very stunted, which is what I would expect after an event like that.

For roughing the root ball up is it better to water the day or two before or let it dry out? I seem to find the wetter soil stays together a bit better

The rest of the pots were all ready to water today, we had some rain about a week ago that kept most of them pretty well watered. For the BBK I gave her 30mL of Age Old, 52.5 mL root stimulator, 60mL liquid kelp, and 5 mL of cal Mag; all in one gallon, which seemed plenty to get some decent runoff, I also topped both ends to start on the 4 growth tips again. I think half of the plant is just done growing, haven't seen any new growth even trying to start on that side. Who knows though, maybe she comes back around later.

I for the 4 smaller plants, I used the same recipe as above but minus the age old. They seem to be perfectly healthy and happy as is so I'll reassess next watering time.

I also topped and starting sorting out the wild new growth that has been rampant. I was able to get most of them set up to build the mainlining "manifold." One of the plants has 3 new growth tips forming so I kinda wanna play with it and see if I could get a triple start to the manifold. I am moving away from the stakes for the most parts and have ordered string and binder clips for my LST from here on.

Blueberry Kush
20200505_153517.jpg

Granddaddy Purple (
20200505_153521.jpg
20200505_153536.jpg
20200505_153532.jpg
20200505_153524.jpg
20200505_153521.jpg

Skywalker Hybrid
20200505_153511.jpg

also forgot to mention, I've been doing almost daily foliar feedings about 30-45 mins before the sunrise gets super intense to give some time for drying and absorption before the good light comes. I did feed a few times at sunset instead to see the difference and I think I like the morning feeds better, growth seems to be greener and a bit faster. Both are anecdotal observations, so I'm really bringing it down to preference, I like having to wake up earlier and get my days started sooner. I may spray plain water in the evenings to cool them down and give them a little wash from the morning feeding.

My spray is 2floz per 1 gal of liquid kelp and 5 ml per gal cal-mag. I scale this down so I only mix 1 pint at a time.

It feels like a while since I've been here with updates, I haven't had to water or feed any plants yet this week. We had some good rain come through yesterday which decided to bring 30-40 mph gusts to us. Luckily I was able to move them right up on our house to block most of the wind. All of the girls looked fantastic and extremely happy this morning so I tied some more growth down and topped one of the plants. I also topped the skywalker hybrid earlier in the week and she looks like shes recovered from the cut and is starting to grow 4 new tops. I noticed what i think is a very slight nute burn with the Blueberry Kush so when I feed I'll just dial back nutes to 3/4 strength instead of full. I also stopped the liquid kelp spray in the mornings since noticing the slight burn

Here are the plants as they are today:

Here is the Blueberry Kush
20200512_095336.jpg
The very tips and around the edges are turning yellow and a little skinny
20200512_095523.jpg

Here is the Skywalker Hydbrid that was topped a second time
20200512_095327.jpg

And finally the granddaddy purple, I didnt include pics for one of them last week as it was just a stem, all the leaves died and turn brown so I trimmed them off, but shes coming back around now
20200512_095346.jpg20200512_095332.jpg
20200512_095322.jpg
20200512_095346.jpg
20200512_095251.jpg

Attachments

• 20200512_095315.jpg
    20200512_095315.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
I decided I would try supercropping on the Granddaddy Purp that has 3 mains, it was kinda weird and scary bending the branches like that but im very much looking forward to what she does now.
I was doing more research into my nutes and everything and have stopped using my root and grow due to my slight nute burn, the analysis of it is 4-10-3. This is the only source of nitrogen they receive minus what's in the soil. I figure it is a good control to see how the girls respond. They are very nearing needing watered, if not today then probably tomorrow. I am going to introduce the age old fert to the others that dont appear to have burn, using only 1/2 of the lowest recommended dosage with full strength cal mag for this next round of watering. Also going to only give water and cal mag for the BBK, and hopefully that helps ease the burn a little.

Happy Monday, its almost been a week since new pictures were taken. I ended up losing the one that i pruned too much. She shriveled up over night and that was it. Pulled the roots and they hadn't really grown much since the transplant, honestly surprised it held on this long.

I flushed the Blue berry kush as the nute burn was not letting up and started moving in from the tips of the leaves. Flushed with 6.5 ph and used 6 gallons of tap water. Which is very hard so I think that may have contributed to the burn, since i was adding cal mag into the tap water. We had some good rain last night as well which hopefully helped too. After supercropping the GDP with 3 mains, 2 mains were bigger than the other, all three are roughly the same size and height. I topped the 3 mains the get to 6 and unlike the others I am letting branches grow out. The only ones I'm stopping are where the branch tries growing on the bottom side.

Anyways, here they are. The Skywalker Hybrid is in the back left and the Blueberry Kush is front right.
20200518_103939_HDR.jpg

They've all grown a freakin lot this last week and its making me that much more excited to keep watching them go.
I also bought "The Cannabis Encyclopedia." I figure while I have all of this free time, I might as well learn as much as I can from books to save from the mistakes that breed experience. I also got some pipe cleaners that I've used instead of the string. Thanks @AdaminCO for the idea, so far theyve been working great, alot easier than trying to tie knots in string while keeping it tight lol

Happy Monday, its almost been a week since new pictures were taken. I ended up losing the one that i pruned too much. She shriveled up over night and that was it. Pulled the roots and they hadn't really grown much since the transplant, honestly surprised it held on this long.

I flushed the Blue berry kush as the nute burn was not letting up and started moving in from the tips of the leaves. Flushed with 6.5 ph and used 6 gallons of tap water. Which is very hard so I think that may have contributed to the burn, since i was adding cal mag into the tap water. We had some good rain last night as well which hopefully helped too. After supercropping the GDP with 3 mains, 2 mains were bigger than the other, all three are roughly the same size and height. I topped the 3 mains the get to 6 and unlike the others I am letting branches grow out. The only ones I'm stopping are where the branch tries growing on the bottom side.

Anyways, here they are. The Skywalker Hybrid is in the back left and the Blueberry Kush is front right.
20200518_103939_HDR.jpg

They've all grown a freakin lot this last week and its making me that much more excited to keep watching them go.
I also bought "The Cannabis Encyclopedia." I figure while I have all of this free time, I might as well learn as much as I can from books to save from the mistakes that breed experience. I also got some pipe cleaners that I've used instead of the string. Thanks @AdaminCO for the idea, so far theyve been working great, alot easier than trying to tie knots in string while keeping it tight lol
Anytime my friend.

Went out to the yard and decided to look over the plants.i saw a little red thing and did some research and its definitely a red spider mite. Gonna spray with neem tonight keep the regiment of every 4 or so days giving them a spray
Try to pick up some AgroMagen. Neem works, but is really messy and oily. I’ll only spray Neem on the soil.

Try to pick up some AgroMagen. Neem works, but is really messy and oily. I’ll only spray Neem on the soil.

Thanks, I did some reading and went ahead and got a bottle. It seems like good stuff, I like how they actually show there experiments/data instead of just saying things. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the mites early on and they wont be an issue anymore

Back
Top Bottom