Bubble Hash Fun

Been playing with ice cubes and the bubble bags and got a little nice hash to keep memorising when things get tough/dankrupt .i did about 4 oz of trim and left the bags with the ice cubes/trim overnight like a teabag to retry to get the remainder out. I had a fairly good bounty from the 72m and 25m bags only too. Just under 1.5 Oz of decent quality Hash. Drying in the freezer in a cardboard box with boveda packs too.
20200811_151814.jpg
20200811_150714.jpg
20200810_155632.jpg
20200810_011050.jpg
20200810_011023.jpg

I used 7 oz of assorted trim I have saved. Still drying so no weight.
IMG_20200810_203702.jpg
Nice job @oldsmokey that looks some potent hash. How did you find the washing machine? Certainly takes the hard work out of it doesn’t it!

Been playing with ice cubes and the bubble bags and got a little nice hash to keep memorising when things get tough/dankrupt .i did about 4 oz of trim and left the bags with the ice cubes/trim overnight like a teabag to retry to get the remainder out. I had a fairly good bounty from the 72m and 25m bags only too. Just under 1.5 Oz of decent quality Hash. Drying in the freezer in a cardboard box with boveda packs too.
20200811_151814.jpg
20200811_150714.jpg
20200810_155632.jpg
20200810_011050.jpg
20200810_011023.jpg
That should keep you going for a while GG. Got to love a perfect round ball of hash!

Thanks yes it's much more enjoyable to do with the machine. I just tested some small pieces that were dry tasty!
I bet, looks really high quality. For how cheap the machines are it pays for itself after a good run like that.

Hash Party!!
:party:
You got much trim at the moment Dd? I’ve got a Crumbled Lime on ice, should make some decent hash.
I’ve squished an ounce and a half of dried trim for rosin in the last week or so. It came out not bad, too.
I love the sound of that Crumbled Lime of yours. I can’t wait to get more varied meds running here. My only apprehension is that I want to generate seed stock of everything I run now. For safety. Anyway..
Next time we have “extra” money (whatever that is) bubble bags are a go.

I’ve squished an ounce and a half of dried trim for rosin in the last week or so. It came out not bad, too.
I love the sound of that Crumbled Lime of yours. I can’t wait to get more varied meds running here. My only apprehension is that I want to generate seed stock of everything I run now. For safety. Anyway..
Next time we have “extra” money (whatever that is) bubble bags are a go.
Ha ha sorry mate stoner moment I thought you said you got new bubble bags. We’re still having the hash party though!

My freezer was getting full of trim after a recent harvest so on the weekend I decided on a hash run. It really is my favourite part of the harvest and can be very rewarding. It’s pretty exciting pulling up a bag and finding a fat lump of golden trichomes once the water has drained. I use a portable washing machine and 6/7 bag set up.
23266E10-D38F-40FD-BD26-D68E37F1C4F4.jpeg
Having the washing machine makes life very easy and I paid just £60 for mine. Probably one of the best £60 I’ve ever spent as it’s more than paid me back.

This run started with me combining the trim from two different phenos of French Macaron. I let this material slightly defrost whilst getting everything set so yield was down. A definite no no when making hash. Still ended up with 6 grams of very tasty bubble.
1F7C2B05-325B-43E1-B8DB-7AD3CCB1FB44.jpeg
78EA7A7A-8F37-4144-9128-2EC41E773DAB.jpeg

Next up I made some hybrid hash which contained the trim of,
3 x Creme de la Chem
1 x G13 Pineapple Express #2
1 x Northern Lights x Big Bud Ryder
1 x G13 x Blueberry Headband
Because of so much trim at once I decided on two washes, the first 8 minutes in the machine to take the cream followed by 12 minutes to hopefully catch the rest.

First wash
Much better quality this time. 7.5 grams of melty goodness. Probably the best flavoured hash I’ve ever made.
58B14AD5-F87F-4E57-9279-361247BD5773.jpeg
E8F9F982-A1BB-47A4-939F-6436E1F3373C.jpeg
40E122DC-A774-4938-BB24-5D21D7D108FF.jpeg
5212BF02-AB94-46AF-B64F-C838E7C1134E.jpeg

Second wash
Removed a few bags for the second wash. Kept the 160 micron to filter the rubbish, the 73 micron to catch the better quality and the 25 to catch the rest. Very happy with the quality considering and added another 6 grams to the haul.
08A647E0-C8CA-4AC4-8378-7C4E294BCEAC.jpeg
7AD2DB8A-BE55-4219-9F8A-65D3A92F2C6C.jpeg

So I’ve ended up with 19.5 grams of hash. It’s gorgeous but you’ll have to take my word for it as I’m not sharing!;)

That looks amazing!
How do you use the washing machine with the bubble bags?
After my last batch when I used a wooden stick and arm power, I decided if I'd do it again I'd have to automate it somehow. Was thinking about a paint mixer and a drill, but I like the idea of having a machine doing all the hard work..

That looks amazing!
How do you use the washing machine with the bubble bags?
After my last batch when I used a wooden stick and arm power, I decided if I'd do it again I'd have to automate it somehow. Was thinking about a paint mixer and a drill, but I like the idea of having a machine doing all the hard work..
Thanks @nickeluring it was pretty tasty. I use the bubble bags as normal but I’ve got a 220 micron zip up bag that I fill with trim and ice cubes then just throw it in the washing machine with more ice and the water. I’ve got some pictures of my process and the zip up bag on page 4 in my first journal in my sig. The washing machine takes all the hard work out of making hash. 10 minute cycle and it’s ready.

Thanks @nickeluring it was pretty tasty. I use the bubble bags as normal but I’ve got a 220 micron zip up bag that I fill with trim and ice cubes then just throw it in the washing machine with more ice and the water. I’ve got some pictures of my process and the zip up bag on page 4 in my first journal in my sig. The washing machine takes all the hard work out of making hash. 10 minute cycle and it’s ready.

I'm still not sure how it's done. After that 10 min. cycle, do you drain the water in the machine through smaller mesh bubble bags? Won't there be hash all over the inside of the machine?

Edit: I just checked your journal. I see you drained the washing machine into the bubble bags. I take that machine doesn't rinse the laundry or drain the water automatically. Do you empty it by tipping it and pouring the water out? No hash left in the machine?

I'm still not sure how it's done. After that 10 min. cycle, do you drain the water in the machine through smaller mesh bubble bags? Won't there be hash all over the inside of the machine?

Edit: I just checked your journal. I see you drained the washing machine into the bubble bags. I take that machine doesn't rinse the laundry or drain the water automatically. Do you empty it by tipping it and pouring the water out? No hash left in the machine?
My washing machine has a central bottom drain which is pretty efficient at emptying the water, once emptied I then swill some fresh water around the inside and drain just to get the last bits. I’m sure some trichomes are left behind but nothing to worry about. I always clean the machine before and after it’s been used but it doesn’t get very dirty.

Back
Top Bottom