Attachments

• A6B50DD7-DBED-4277-9087-894760FA545B.jpeg
    A6B50DD7-DBED-4277-9087-894760FA545B.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 183
ive been busy...
bubble.jpg

bub.jpg

things i can say....
#1 KEEP IT COLD!!!! - put your PURIFIED FILTERED WATER in a bucket with PURIFIED ICE FROM THE STORE to chill it before you add it to the ice that contains your material (use fresh frozen if you want anything good!)

#2 DONT OVERDO THE WATER!!! use just enough to cover the ice.

#2 if you mix in another bucket run your shit 2X to get max yield (bud only)

#3 one freezer bag full at a time. 15 minutes of paint stirrer/drill.

#4 if you agitate outside your bags and pour in to strain mix it for another 5 minutes to settle your trichomes in a 5 gallon before pulling your work bag and RINSE! (why you dont overfill, you need more room for rinsing!)

squish with a 25 micron in between paper towels then spread the puck apart with a pokey or corn cob holder like me LOL

peace!
-scuba

ok i did a bubble hash with my new bags and for 3 grams fresh dried frozen bud i got enough to dust the top of my pipe filling! now i did this today ISO- i splashed the water in twice but i’m not too worried as it will evap soon.

Attachments

• F8DE6663-B1F7-4C91-BB95-B23C297CB1B6.jpeg
    F8DE6663-B1F7-4C91-BB95-B23C297CB1B6.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 18D5B28F-DF56-4E9B-BA9B-43C9A882D683.jpeg
    18D5B28F-DF56-4E9B-BA9B-43C9A882D683.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 196
you should be scooping the fresh melt off the bag with a spoon and setting it on a 25 micron. are you using bubble bags?
i see what happened- i changed subjslects in that paragraph telling that i was about to start ISO after the bubble hash sentence - anyway - i’m really stretching my wings. i’m trying bho monday

I make bubble hash every once in a while and have learned not to get too aggressive when agitating or you ll get a lot of chlorophyll in your hash. I use around 2/3 oz. of trimmings from harvested plants (frozen of course) , throw it all in the first bag and agitate with my hand only after adding a big bag of ice and about 2/3 gal of water. Remember you are supposed to run it at least 3 or 4 times to get everything. I’d end up with around 7/10 grams each run, slowly getting less and less each time and more chlorophyll. So yea it gets degraded each run but if your gentle it s still great stuff!
So - i see the main ingredient in BH is trim. I wanted to process whole plant but trichomes are mostly on the outside. Am i correct? So then i assume it’s a waste to bubble a whole plant since inside the buds there is nothing that will reduce in an ice wash?

So - i see the main ingredient in BH is trim. I wanted to process whole plant but trichomes are mostly on the outside. Am i correct? So then i assume it’s a waste to bubble a whole plant since inside the buds there is nothing that will reduce in an ice wash?

No no, it s ok to process the whole plant, guys like me are just to cheap to use good bud for it when there s so much trimmings left over! Lol. I have used bud before and that’s where you’d see better results with the multiple runs. The trichomes are all through the bud, as it grows it distributes more and more throughout. One thing you might wanna look up is if it would be better to dry out your buds before you freeze them as opposed to just chucking it in “raw dawg” of the plant, like what you would do with the trim/sugar leaves?? I thought I read something about that in my travels but never really pertains to my situation so I never followed up.

Yeah buds have a huge surface area-and by that I don’t mean just the very outside surface that you can see. It’s a structure of many internal folds, all covered in resin glands. That’s how it’s possible to have a bud that’s 20% thc by weight.

first off you guys are great. thank you. you have no idea the man you are with. I talked to a boy at the smoke shop today with a universe of goodness i could see in him. as i asked him how he became so open, he said i can never gain your knowledge by closing myself- He was in for a surprise as i have given it all away numerous times and he knew looking into my eyes ❤️
I had a mental collapse last year inside a 34 year marriage - cross dressing drugs craigslist etc. i commited myself 4 times when i found i had free healthcare with my honorable discharge. I developed this avenue of bud science to supplant my 8 pils a day mental meds. not to mention ulcer meds diverticulitis meds/ you could imagine holding my 5 stepfather childhood in while raising 3 kids in a blue collar wage.
Anyway/ that’s why i’m here because i’m so damned greatful! The kid at the shop giggled when i confided about smoking my new resin today . I haven’t stopped working! painting the house mowing the lawn - sit and vape a moment and wow i’m back up again. I’m so glad i did this

Maybe I'm missing something here
But if your aim is making hash, wouldn't it be easier to dry sift your primo buds, collect the kief
And make your hash with that?
I must be missing something
thats an easy way. I think dry sift has a way of turning your plant material into dust and makes the end result a little more green but I havent ran it before so im not 100% on that.

Stunned- it’s kinda a 2 phase thread just like my ADD- i discussed concentraring my grow into BH or IHO and BHO - I did 2 here - iso and a little bh - my next harvest will probably be a full plant BH. i’ll research kief after i stop enjoying this oil!!

ive been busy...
bubble.jpg

bub.jpg

things i can say....
#1 KEEP IT COLD!!!! - put your PURIFIED FILTERED WATER in a bucket with PURIFIED ICE FROM THE STORE to chill it before you add it to the ice that contains your material (use fresh frozen if you want anything good!)

#2 DONT OVERDO THE WATER!!! use just enough to cover the ice.

#2 if you mix in another bucket run your shit 2X to get max yield (bud only)

#3 one freezer bag full at a time. 15 minutes of paint stirrer/drill.

#4 if you agitate outside your bags and pour in to strain mix it for another 5 minutes to settle your trichomes in a 5 gallon before pulling your work bag and RINSE! (why you dont overfill, you need more room for rinsing!)

squish with a 25 micron in between paper towels then spread the puck apart with a pokey or corn cob holder like me LOL

peace!
-scuba

Hot Damn that looks amazing!

How do your results not turn green on the first run? We have done 2 runs (454 grams of buds and sugar leaf) using a drill attachment paint mixer. And the results are green on the first run and dark green on the second (third- sixth) run.

Can you also elaborate on what you mean by "rinse"

Lastly do you reuse any of the water run off for the second run?

Back
Top Bottom