Bubble hash technique

saltybluegrass

so since i’m growing and developing , i have found the bubble hash method. The video i found shows the guy freezing a bottle of water for his recipe.
It hit me. Why can’t you put ingredients in the milk jug- fill with water and freeze.
Does this sound like it would work as you’re trying to knock trichomes off with ice cold water, wouldn’t a freeze bath knock them off? Then dethawing in bags with water would release the trichomes after their frosty bath

Yes- the trichomes definitely won’t just fall off my themselves when frozen. They need agitation. I have a simple hash making method that doesn’t need any equipment other than a container and some ice, if you want to try out making hash but don’t have bubble bags and such. Detailed here- The Hexapus's Garden

Yes- the trichomes definitely won’t just fall off my themselves when frozen. They need agitation. I have a simple hash making method that doesn’t need any equipment other than a container and some ice, if you want to try out making hash but don’t have bubble bags and such. Detailed here- The Hexapus's Garden
the last picture of the finished “syphoned” bowl, it still looks wet. Is it dry or what step is after sucking the moisture away? does that dry on its own? Thanks - great read and i have Grandaddy purple ready to pull after 48 hours in darkness- do i hang dry it at all or take the bud to the freezer immediately until i’m ready to do this method or bag method?

You can blot up most of the remaining moisture with a paper towel. Or press the glop on a cheese-cloth type material to squeeze the water out. I don’t generally bother to do this. I just stick it somewhere warm to evaporate. If I put more effort into getting that moisture out first, obviously it would dry faster.

Are you going to turn the whole plant into hash? You can use wet (non-dried) or dry material to make hash with. Either way- freeze it beforehand. I generally keep my trimmings in the freezer till I’m ready to use them.
Undried material tends to produce less, but better quality. Both work well though. I suppose you get a little bit more random plant material from dried bud and trim because it tends to break down into dust more easily.

I suggested leaving the mix to settle overnight. Now I do just a few hours. You can always collect the siphoned mix and settle it again to see what comes out.

i diff question- brought some brickweed home last night and tried stove top warmer burner and an iron to “press” some juice out of it on parchment. Nothing at all formed. Does brickweed have trichomes or does it make it in effective for resin extraction?
sorry so many Q’s .

i diff question- brought some brickweed home last night and tried stove top warmer burner and an iron to “press” some juice out of it on parchment. Nothing at all formed. Does brickweed have trichomes or does it make it in effective for resin extraction?
sorry so many Q’s .

I really don’t know much about brickweed - we don’t get it here and never even heard of it before I joined the forum. But if it’s weed it has trichomes. They do get mangled and smeared around pretty easily though. I suspect you wouldn’t get much yield if you tried making bubble hash out of it.
You can get the resin out with some sort of solvent (alcohol, butane, etc) if you want to go that route...
Personally I never had much luck with pressing anything and gave it up as a waste of weed after a few tries. Seems like to do it well you need a bit of equipment, and in the end I’d rather have bubble hash than runny goo.

stick w me here and i’ll appreciate your input - just put this fresh cut in the freezer. Tomorrow i’ll start to ice shake it - couple nugs off this plant that was attacked week 3 from a cut worm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 79
green fresh picked stirred in ice jar 3-4 minutes poured out - repeated once again - water is cloudy but not golden like yours

Attachments

• F9400D85-19A0-40E9-AB20-8E8B5AAC8B83.jpeg
    F9400D85-19A0-40E9-AB20-8E8B5AAC8B83.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 3B6D6E5F-6C0E-419B-9D0C-315E08C42122.jpeg
    3B6D6E5F-6C0E-419B-9D0C-315E08C42122.jpeg
    475.8 KB · Views: 75
i have a blog somewhere with 'weaselcrackers weaselhead ice hash method' described in detail but i can not find the blog entries on here any more,,

weaseley?? you know where they went??

As far as I know Nivek we still don’t have the blog function running since the forum format changed? Or at least we don’t have our old blog entries.(?). I haven’t actually checked it out in a while but I know that’s how things were - with the blog stuff...
If you have any of your own tips re this hash method- you’ve probably done it more than I have lately. I did link to my tutorial post on the subject earlier in this thread.
I think the next time I run a large amount of trimmings I’m just going to skip the bubble bags as I’m thinking they probably just add extra work.

green fresh picked stirred in ice jar 3-4 minutes poured out - repeated once again - water is cloudy but not golden like yours

I would probably shake the jar vigorously for ten to fifteen minutes or so. That seems like a lot of water to end up with for a small amount of bud- maybe more ice/less water/more stirring ?
You froze the bud beforehand?

Yes froze bud over night -
This morning - i see some white specs that float just slightly off the bottom.
You’re prob right about amount of liquid

Attachments

• D144B2B9-A03D-4DF7-BB03-3CC03E8FC71C.jpeg
    D144B2B9-A03D-4DF7-BB03-3CC03E8FC71C.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 70
syphoned off a lot and you were right - it does taste good when you’re thirsty!! i had no idea! see my buds left some orange on the paper. is that anything? i

Attachments

• 77DB0BD0-3CC8-4C45-BB95-62839EA025D0.jpeg
    77DB0BD0-3CC8-4C45-BB95-62839EA025D0.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 58
even though i like this experiment - What is the best way to make my harvest a concentrate? Heat pressed buds? Heat pressed bubble hash? i’m sure it’s a choice but i want to focus on one thing. i really don’t want to smoke flower al the time.

Aside from bubble hash I’ve mostly used butane or isopropyl alcohol. Those are just the easiest solvents for me to find around here.
For butane extraction it’s dead simple to make some sort of DIY device. Basically a tube capped on both ends. One has a small hole to fit the butane nozzzle - the other (bottom) has a few small holes to allow the butane/resin solution to drain out. Lots of info online.
Iso is generally used to make QWISO (quick wash iso). Again- lots of tutorials around.
Both processes use somewhat toxic and flammable solvents and (depending on how pure the results are) usually produce honey oil - golden, runny, sticky.

I make bubble hash every once in a while and have learned not to get too aggressive when agitating or you ll get a lot of chlorophyll in your hash. I use around 2/3 oz. of trimmings from harvested plants (frozen of course) , throw it all in the first bag and agitate with my hand only after adding a big bag of ice and about 2/3 gal of water. Remember you are supposed to run it at least 3 or 4 times to get everything. I’d end up with around 7/10 grams each run, slowly getting less and less each time and more chlorophyll. So yea it gets degraded each run but if your gentle it s still great stuff!

Aside from bubble hash I’ve mostly used butane or isopropyl alcohol. Those are just the easiest solvents for me to find around here.
For butane extraction it’s dead simple to make some sort of DIY device. Basically a tube capped on both ends. One has a small hole to fit the butane nozzzle - the other (bottom) has a few small holes to allow the butane/resin solution to drain out. Lots of info online.
Iso is generally used to make QWISO (quick wash iso). Again- lots of tutorials around.
Both processes use somewhat toxic and flammable solvents and (depending on how pure the results are) usually produce honey oil - golden, runny, sticky.
look who’s been busy?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom