Bud Grant Does BDS Afghan - Organic Soil - SuperRoots Airpots - Stealth - 135W UV LED

Re: Bud Grant Does BDS Afghan - Organic Soil - SuperRoots Airpots-Stealth-135 Watt UV

IMG_20140112_214353_594.jpg

Re: Bud Grant Does BDS Afghan - Organic Soil - SuperRoots Airpots-Stealth-135 Watt UV

looking dope

plants are 9 inches tall at the highest point

really beautiful. remind me again howd you get so many tops horizontally?

good sativa genes too :thumb::love:

really beautiful. remind me again howd you get so many tops horizontally?

good sativa genes too :thumb::love:

B.Real. That is actually an Afghan clone. I kind of mainlined it, except I bent some tops instead of topping them completely. I also remove a lot of leaves. If a branch gets longer than the others, I take off a fan leaf. If a branch is a bit short, I leave the leaves alone .

This is not a speedy method of growing, but that's okay because I wanted to stunt it until my seedlings caught up. Figured I would have a little fun and grow a funky lookin plant.

must be a northern lights indica or something cause they got sativa in them. i think a kush is a true looking indica. that doesnt look like kush lol

mainlined? like cut horizontally? you did a good job super cropping not sure if you topped or not I dont get what you mean by mainlined

IMG_20130430_091123_562-2.jpg

This is the original plant. Pretty classic pine tree shape. Supposedly this is the variety the dutch brought back from Afghanistan in the 80's.
I see some pretty fat leaves on some of the new hybrids. This strain always looks like a wild plant.
2013-03-05_20-44-56_720.jpg
2013-02-26_22-09-20_389.jpg

IMG_20130831_111806_060-11.jpg

Check out the Misty half of Afghan x Misty. This has a sativa vibe going on for sure

I wonder why its growing so different now? those plants you just showed are yeah much more indica heavy

that misty cross is huge

Probably because I remove the fan leaves. The smaller fan leaves aren't that fat.

you are creating a powerful indica changed up pheno here my friend lol.

you are creating a powerful indica changed up pheno here my friend lol.

Should be strong bud, but this one afghan x Misty is taking time flowering. 20 days and only preflowers. Next time I run some I'm going to veg longer. Switch to 12/12 early seems not to hurry things along

Should be strong bud, but this one afghan x Misty is taking time flowering. 20 days and only preflowers. Next time I run some I'm going to veg longer. Switch to 12/12 early seems not to hurry things along

Hey Bud Ive had good results with GLR hours in veg for plants to flower soon when flipped, and I like the growth in my set up they got with it too. I hope your own plant strain takes off and finishes well for you:;):

Hey Bud Ive had good results with GLR hours in veg for plants to flower soon when flipped, and I like the growth in my set up they got with it too. I hope your own plant strain takes off and finishes well for you:;):

Yeah I read in a book that plants going from 18/6 to 12/12 initiate flowering faster than plants going from a 24 hour light period. I have been practicing the later more out of laziness than anything. When I run these again I might try giving my plants 48 hours of dark before flipping to 12/12. Also, I usually wait for plants to show sex before switching to 12/12. I was in the habit of running clones and kind of flat out forgot.

Found this online

Gas Lantern Routine
So has anyone here heard of the Gas Lantern Routine? Its basically an old school lighting technique used to fool plants to stay in veg. using less light. So here is how it works. I have been using it for a few years, and figure its time to let the cat out of the bag.

There has been a lot of talk in the grow community about the fading of a plant's (clones most times) vigor, and personal traits. A lot of people also have problems with hermaphrodites and out of whack hormone induced issues as well. Long story short, 24/0 and 18/6 light techniques stress your plants out and are impractical unless you are trying to pre-sex your plants and quickly hustle them back into a veg. state.

So basically this old school method is being brought to light again in the newer generations of the grow community. The GSR has been turning growers into believers with the awesome results. Not only does it prevent hermes, and build up hormone levels, it also speeds up the veg. phase since your plants grow more with less. And by more I mean faster and more vigorous!
__________________________________________________ ____________________
The veg. phase

12 hours ON
5.5 hours OFF
1 hour ON
5.5 hours OFF
and repeat until you wish to flower.
The flowering phase:

12 hours on 12 hours off for 1st two weeks

After 14 days you decrease the plant's light by a half hour every week so that the last week of flowering the plant is only receiving 9 hours of light and 15 hours of darkness.

So basically since you are building hormones up by letting your plant sleep so much, your flowering stage is gonna result in EXPLOSIVE OVERDRIVE in resin production far beyond a normal 12/12 lighting schedule. After all everything on this earth needs sleep. This 24/0 and 18/6 lighting periods are useless! Where on Earth (that weed grows naturally and happily outdoors) is there a place that receives 18 hours of light or more a day?

This method during the flowering phase mimics the suns lighting phase during the fall, indoors. The more we mimic outdoors the happier plants are indoors. And all the extra hour in the middle of the veg phase schedule does is trick the plant to remain in veg. with the least amount of light and best results. Not to mention that, but the you are using up to 5 hours or more of light a day with healthier end results. LESS IS MORE! Less money paid to the electric company, less time being spent on bulbs making them last longer! Amongst other ups, like fooling the electric company a bit with your weird light schedules, and faster growing weed, shorter veg times resulting in less time and power being paid to the electric company every cycle from cutting/seedling to harvest time!

Enjoy!

The Reefer Creature.

Back
Top Bottom