Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy 2 - 45" Far Red 730 nm light strips. They're 40 watts each & run $155 a piece. Should be able to fit the 2 light bars in the empty spaces on the Fold 8. Hope it's worth it. Only 1 way to find out.

On a very bright note for me.... I finally found a F.T. job. I start Monday. Sucky Hours but decent pay ($23 p.h.). Just happy to be employed again so I can catch up on bills & finish landscaping my yard.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy 2 - 45" Far Red 730 nm light strips. They're 40 watts each & run $155 a piece. Should be able to fit the 2 light bars in the empty spaces on the Fold 8. Hope it's worth it. Only 1 way to find out.

On a very bright note for me.... I finally found a F.T. job. I start Monday. Sucky Hours but decent pay ($23 p.h.). Just happy to be employed again so I can catch up on bills & finish landscaping my yard.
Sweet! Good job

Good news patience and determination pay off congrats on job

So you SCROG guys..... Do you usually do a defol during flower or just let her go ? Leaves are pretty thick; but looks like it would be a major PITA to defol.

At that stage I would defol some of those leaves which are completely blocking off some of the bud sites.
Noticed with my own plants that when defoliation done right and lower sites getting more light they managed to connect even tho there was huge gaps between internodes. Also when you over do it, you can easily stunt the fuck out them.

But I would try to defol the top 3/4 off, leave some solar panels for the lower nugs and then defol the lower 2/4 off also. Leaving the upper nugs bald and some foliage for the mid part IMO boosts their growth.
Different strains react different, but I had a success by doing that and mixing it with ”schwazzing”.
All the nugs above net are bald and connected, and the most foliage is at the height of the net. Idk if you get me what I mean :rolleyes:

At that stage I would defol some of those leaves which are completely blocking off some of the bud sites.
Noticed with my own plants that when defoliation done right and lower sites getting more light they managed to connect even tho there was huge gaps between internodes. Also when you over do it, you can easily stunt the fuck out them.

But I would try to defol the top 3/4 off, leave some solar panels for the lower nugs and then defol the lower 2/4 off also. Leaving the upper nugs bald and some foliage for the mid part IMO boosts their growth.
Different strains react different, but I had a success by doing that and mixing it with ”schwazzing”.
All the nugs above net are bald and connected, and the most foliage is at the height of the net. Idk if you get me what I mean :rolleyes:
Yeah, I'm at a dilemma with that one. A few of my plants I haven't done any defol since veg & the colas seem fatter & harder. I usually defol, but didn't this time on some plants. Looks like the ones I don't touch do better. Could be the strains, but I kind of doubt it. But with the SCROG, I feel I need to defol. However, I see no moisture drops on the leaves. That's usually my que to do a defol. I think I'll just try to remove a little of the upper leaves, but not too much.
Sure don't want to stunt this thing now. Trying to see if I can get a pound from 1 plant or not.

So first off I'll post the Do-Si-Dos before & after defol shots. Took off a fair amount. Better ?
11-290.JPG
11-291.JPG
11-292.JPG
11-293.JPG
11-294.JPG
11-295.JPG
11-296.JPG
11-297.JPG
11-298.JPG
11-299.JPG

I think there's enough light & airflow to the bottom now.

So first off I'll post the Do-Si-Dos before & after defol shots. Took off a fair amount. Better ?
11-290.JPG
11-291.JPG
11-292.JPG
11-293.JPG
11-294.JPG
11-295.JPG
11-296.JPG
11-297.JPG
11-298.JPG
11-299.JPG

I think there's enough light & airflow to the bottom now.

Looks perfect. Those small buds will catch up now ;)

Well, since we are closing in on the final week of Flower I'll do another update. Yes, the end is near.... very near.
I say another week because they say, "When you think it's done.... Give it one more week". Now I know these plants still have about 10-20% White Hairs.... But Trichomes say they are ready.
Up 1st is "ZOOKIES"
12-610.JPG
12-611.JPG
12-612.JPG
12-613.JPG
12-614.JPG
12-615.JPG

Back
Top Bottom