C99 & Iced Widow

Nodes think of them as floors of a building. Where there are stems/leaves coming out of the stalk that would be a node. Move up the stalk and another set of stems/leaves is the 2nd node and so on. When you get 3-5 nodes it is safe to top or FIM.

very well explained Guam. As for those bottom 2 branches, the first node, Id take them off when you top her so recovery is all done at once n not spread out. Usually the secondary growth from the bottom nodes is slow n crap hence the removal. Dont count those in the 3-5 before topping, imagine it like there not there

Herb

Edit: actually if you imagine there not there 3-5 is a little much, 3-4 is better n probaly 3 is best which infact would be 4 if you didnt remove the bottom ones. Now im confused n need to lie down lol

You could do it now, but I would wait till they start packing on some size. Maybe one more week.... Really you could start your flower now and end up with a half oz to an oz per plant when they finish. But I'd remove them from the solo cups before your roots really grab hold. They will grow faster if they aren't root bound in the cups. So transplant them to give them the best opportunity to grow and in a week FIM the shit out of them. They look healthy so you're doing a good job so far:thumb:
GB80

Thanks GB, I see most of them have 3 nodes including the very bottom one which I won't count as herby says. Will fim when they grow another, hopefully I can do it on the 4th or 5th proper node. Regarding the solo cups they're actually inside 11ltr fabric pots with a hole so the roots can develop without transplanting. Im in day 13 now & will need to flip by day 35 so there's plenty of time I think.

Got a few iced widow beans myself....can't wait to see how yours turn out!

Cool hock, how you getting on with the iced widows or have you not starting them yet? I hear they're pretty good indica's as well...

very well explained Guam. As for those bottom 2 branches, the first node, Id take them off when you top her so recovery is all done at once n not spread out. Usually the secondary growth from the bottom nodes is slow n crap hence the removal. Dont count those in the 3-5 before topping, imagine it like there not there

Herb

Edit: actually if you imagine there not there 3-5 is a little much, 3-4 is better n probaly 3 is best which infact would be 4 if you didnt remove the bottom ones. Now im confused n need to lie down lol

Haha all these nodes & sub-nodes & leaves does leave one a bit perplexed! are you out your state of confusion yet lol?? thanks for the info, I think I know what you mean with the bottom 2 nodes, they are small so I shouldn't count them as proper nodes & will therefore remove them when I fim. By the way to remove those nodes is it just a case of cutting the branches off whilst leaving the fan leaves intact & do I cut the branches from the point where they come out the main stem? thanks herb

Haven't popped em yet...but I've ran the lemon kush by female and they were beautiful! I actually just popped a vanilla kush by barneys and a blueberry cheesecake by female... I should prolly get my journal going asap!:high-five:

You should start a journal...will be interesting to check out so what u waiting for buddy?? :blunt:

Day14 (from sprout).

Here's a quick pic I took...14 days in so far & looking decent I think. Itching to fim them though, I think will do it on their next growth. Im surprised at how thirsty they are, I watered with 1.5ltr (pots are 11ltr) less than 2 days ago & the soil's already bone dry! for being so young they seem to have some appetite...

day14:
day148.JPG

Either that or its hot n low humidity, My flowering plants are in the same size pots n only need feeding 5-7 days, n youve seen the size of them. A word on my c99, loving it now, really nice smell, solid bud and im also loving the structure of the plant. Im thinking im gonna start flushing on day 44 n take it to 58 days rather than 56 n give it 2 extra days

herb :yummy:

oh wow I didnt know it was a jack herer crossed with haze. Interesting

Either that or its hot n low humidity, My flowering plants are in the same size pots n only need feeding 5-7 days, n youve seen the size of them. A word on my c99, loving it now, really nice smell, solid bud and im also loving the structure of the plant. Im thinking im gonna start flushing on day 44 n take it to 58 days rather than 56 n give it 2 extra days

herb :yummy:

oh wow I didnt know it was a jack herer crossed with haze. Interesting

Heat is what im worried about but my room temps are about 25.5c with around 50-65rh usually & the plants seem ok. They're getting plenty ventilation as well. But I see the c99 is a bit more sensitive than the ice widows to close lights...but I think they're far enough. Also forgot to mention that although my pots are 11ltr I probably put more soil than that in them...being fabric pots makes it hard to judge.

In any case I agree with the structure of the c99, today upon gazing them I thought how elegant they are, like they've got a bit of class about em lol! Im also glad the smell seems nice, thats a bit of a worry for me as im growing in an open room so would rather not have something too pungeant...although I might be hit hard with the iced widows lol!! according to female seeds they take 56 days, so will see...I assume its the same from g13.

By the way when they say 56 days that means from the day you flip right?

sure does, 8 weeks in total. The P.E#2 is only listed at 45-50 days, its why I bought it, theres not a awful lot of plants that fast. Ive noticed most of g13`s range are fast finishers though. The Cinderella says 50-55, so a slight difference but there probaly being optimistic.

Herb :yummy:

sure does, 8 weeks in total. The P.E#2 is only listed at 45-50 days, its why I bought it, theres not a awful lot of plants that fast. Ive noticed most of g13`s range are fast finishers though. The Cinderella says 50-55, so a slight difference but there probaly being optimistic.

Cool...same here I got the iced widows because they're fast at 55 days so similar to c99. But wow 45-50 days is the fastest ive heard of, will be interesting to see...plus I thought PE was a bit of a sativa or at least a hybriod & they're usually longer.

Day 16.

Oh shit I found what im pretty sure was a whitefly under one of the iced widows...got rid of it & couldnt find anymore, I immediately concocted a quick home made insecticide of sunflower oil & water which I sprayed on all the leaves. Will spray again every 2/3 days mixing the ingredients by adding dish soap, garlic, basil, corn oil, black peppers etc etc. I only found 1 whitefly but I think more will come after they hatch from the hell hole they came from lol!!

:peacetwo:

Hey guys, just a little fyi. Some breeders list their flower times from flip to 12/12 and some list from when flowers show. They usually take the fastest time finisher and use that number. Don't take their times as absolute... it will be up to you to make sure the plants are ready for harvest. No matter how long you have to wait, I'm sure it will be worth it! Hope this helped.
GB80

gd tip against pests is to rummage thru the soil about a inch down every other day, they tend to lay eggs jus below the surface, well some pests do. Very gd point Guam, I knew I wouldnt get close to a 45 day finish or a 50 day tbh, n Sol it is suprising, youre right it is sativa dominant. Some of the Pineapples are riping up pretty early though

gd tip against pests is to rummage thru the soil about a inch down every other day, they tend to lay eggs jus below the surface, well some pests do. Very gd point Guam, I knew I wouldnt get close to a 45 day finish or a 50 day tbh, n Sol it is suprising, youre right it is sativa dominant. Some of the Pineapples are riping up pretty early though

Thanks for the tip herb, still no sign of anything yet though :hmmmm:

Hey guys, just a little fyi. Some breeders list their flower times from flip to 12/12 and some list from when flowers show. They usually take the fastest time finisher and use that number. Don't take their times as absolute... it will be up to you to make sure the plants are ready for harvest. No matter how long you have to wait, I'm sure it will be worth it! Hope this helped.
GB80

Thats good to know gb, so will count the days from flip as well as when flowers show.

After some reading I might just supercrop rather than fim. I like the idea of bending branches rather than removing them. Plus it can add 3 cola's each time I think & makes the whole plant stronger, some sources say it even increases potency. Has anyone done this before...any thoughts?

Done it many times and dont like it as much as topping. You tend to get growth on one side of the pot, n even with tieing down your still have to cut leaves off from the underbelly. If I was you id do both, top, wait for growth then tie it down n top, tie, top, tie etc etc

Day 17.

Went ahead & fimmed a couple of the plants...a c99 & iced widow. Hope it turns out alright, I think will do the other two tomorrow when they're a bit bigger.

day17 (before fim):
day178.JPG

fim c99:
fim30.JPG

fim iced widow:
fim210.JPG

Back
Top Bottom