Camper2016's First Grow - Candy Cane Auto

Ween...idk...I just need to back off and let everything take its course....it's one bottom leaf that's curled up and that could be due to the excess heat that has been issue...they're all growing so we'll see...thanks for checking it out and posting what you think. I do appreciate it.

day 29...............thinking about watering them but its been 5 days...picked up the container and feels like a 3 gal pot of dirt....stuck my finger all the way in and its still moist, certainly not wet but can feel moisture in the soil....temps have mellowed out between 82-86f with the humidity 50-52%
20160527_082314.jpg
20160527_082254.jpg
20160527_082237.jpg
20160527_082229.jpg

OK, man...I'm with you and like what you're telling me:thumb: the latest temp reading was 82f temp with 52% humid...but we're having light rain and cool temps right now...which is great. I'm glad to hear your assessment of the girls 'cause I was getting worried...thanks for the good news:Namaste:

I currently have the ballast at 20" in above the plants....but could easily get it down to 6" in....everything is looking good but should I get the lights lower or does it really make that big of a difference?

I currently have the ballast at 20" in above the plants....but could easily get it down to 6" in....everything is looking good but should I get the lights lower or does it really make that big of a difference?
I would leave it where it is right now. Let them get back on track. Then lower it about an inch a day so they can get used to it slowly.

If the soil is still a touch moist, leave em be. The leaves will start to droop when they need water. Listen to them, they will tell ya. If you want they make moisture meters you can get at the store that will tell you how wet the soil is on a 1-10 scale. They do not lie. The lift method of seeing if it dry I think is only good when they are in 1 gallon pots or smaller. Or you could weigh them. But make sure your control measurement is from dirt that is from the same conditions as your tent. That'll give you a good dry weight. Our 1 gals weigh 2.2 lbs dry. They are looking better I think as well. :bravo:

Last night at 8pm....then lights on until 2pm this afternoon...mixed fox farm big bloom (1 Tbsp) with aloe powder (1 tsp) in 1 gal of water that has sat out to get rid of chlorine...that gallon waters all four plants with extra runoff that is removed. Make sure to start around the edges then water the center of the pot. Latest reading for temp is 84f and 52% humidity...

Last night at 8pm....then lights on until 2pm this afternoon...mixed fox farm big bloom (1 Tbsp) with aloe powder (1 tsp) in 1 gal of water that has sat out to get rid of chlorine...that gallon waters all four plants with extra runoff that is removed. Make sure to start around the edges then water the center of the pot. Latest reading for temp is 84f and 52% humidity...

:goodjob: You'll soon see some progress.

Thanks guys...I think so and I have 4 seeds ready to roll...get these girls grown trimmed out and cured...set the next grow in the fall so I'm not battling the summertime heat

OK....now the MH bulb is going off/on...guess it's burning out. It will shut off, I turn off the unit using the power strip the ballast/bulb cool down then I can turn the light on...an hour later repeat. I suspect very soon the bulb will just not come back on. At this point in the grow can I use the other bulb or should I make the trek to get another MH bulb....right now the girls are in the dark. I'll decide what to do and get the lights back on this evening....what would you guys do???

I'm no expert but from what I understand the mh bulb is better for veg but you can use the hps the entire grow with minimal difference. I would say just roll with the hps for the rest of this grow and get another mh for your next grow. :idea:

Weird...well the light is burning just fine...we had some early morning storms and maybe that kicked the box off....idk, but it's all running like it should

We're still in business....everything is working and growing...idk what it was but so what....here's some more pics. Thanks for your advice and opinions...happy Memorial Day for all who have served our country
20160530_070851.jpg
20160530_070847.jpg
20160530_070842.jpg
20160530_070839.jpg

Back
Top Bottom