PH - 6.55 today -Normally try to keep it at 5.9
RH - 35-53
Room Temperature - 73-79
Solution Temperature -77
Room Square Footage- 120
DSC_31232.JPG

DSC_31241.JPG

DSC_3122.JPG

gonna take a shot in the dark but think ur water temp is a tad high but isnt the cause. the ph of 5.9 locking out all ur calcium. cal is important for moving nutes through the plant. I am gonna say u need to flush to get them back on track. also set the ph to 5.5 and let it ride up. during veg ph will go up with veg nutes during flower ph will drop as the plants use more water and the % of nutes will make it more acidic. so with veg i start low and let it go up and with flower i have to add a good bit of ph up buffer to maintain 5.9

Rust spots scream calcium. It almost looks like nute burn tho. Need to get that Ph in check first. (Ans Ph perfect claim is TOTAL horseshit. Its great stuff I use it as well. But let ur Ph slip and you will know.)

Looks pretty advanced at this point. Been a week or two or is it just progressing that fast? Calcium lockouts are usually a result of high Ph in my experience. Sensitive has cal/mag in it but for many strains I've found the values insufficient. First thing get that Ph down then supplement a small aount of Cal mag and micro. That should clear them up if the Ph issue alone doesn't do it.

Grain of salt.. take it. I'm a dirtdigger with only a year or so in hydro. But the rust spots are a pretty strong indicator that something is amiss in the calcium department. Water temp can play a small factor in nutrient uptake and availability as well. So there's that to deal wig as well. 100% oxygenation of water is most easily achieved ad has a higher residual rate at 65 degrees. Do ur roots stink? Slimy? Discolored? (Should be white)

"gonna take a shot in the dark but think ur water temp is a tad high but isnt the cause. the ph of 5.9 locking out all ur calcium. cal is important for moving nutes through the plant. I am gonna say u need to flush to get them back on track. also set the ph to 5.5 and let it ride up. during veg ph will go up with veg nutes during flower ph will drop as the plants use more water and the % of nutes will make it more acidic. so with veg i start low and let it go up and with flower i have to add a good bit of ph up buffer to maintain 5.9"

5.9 is too high?

"Rust spots scream calcium. It almost looks like nute burn tho. Need to get that Ph in check first. (Ans Ph perfect claim is TOTAL horseshit. Its great stuff I use it as well. But let ur Ph slip and you will know.)

Looks pretty advanced at this point. Been a week or two or is it just progressing that fast? Calcium lockouts are usually a result of high Ph in my experience. Sensitive has cal/mag in it but for many strains I've found the values insufficient. First thing get that Ph down then supplement a small aount of Cal mag and micro. That should clear them up if the Ph issue alone doesn't do it.

Grain of salt.. take it. I'm a dirtdigger with only a year or so in hydro. But the rust spots are a pretty strong indicator that something is amiss in the calcium department"

I went out of town for a week and after I put the clones in their new home, and when I got back this is how they look.
I have some GH CaliMagic.
I'm going to do a reservoir change today. I'm half way through week 2 of veg. What do you think I should set my PPM at?

5.9 is Linda the threshold IMO. I tend to see problems if it goes much higher. However I was referring to the 6.5.. that's is too high. That's soil range there.

I didn't notice basement's post before. As we mentioned the water temp is likely the cause of ur issue. Need to get.it down to at least 72. 65 would be better. The Ph isn't likely to be helping things at all.

5.9 too high in veg. starrt at 5.2-5.5 and let the ph rise. the ph perfect AN nutes ur using will rise maybe 0.5 after initial adjustment allowing best absorbsion or the chelated nutes. dont add cal/mag, it wont help if ph is the issue, it'll only make matters worse.

so long as its started low, raising anything upto 6.2 is fine. u'll get full range nutes absorbed then.

5.9 too high in veg. starrt at 5.2-5.5 and let the ph rise. the ph perfect AN nutes ur using will rise maybe 0.5 after initial adjustment allowing best absorbsion or the chelated nutes. dont add cal/mag, it wont help if ph is the issue, it'll only make matters worse.

so long as its started low, raising anything upto 6.2 is fine. u'll get full range nutes absorbed then.
So your saying only adjust the Ph to 5.2 and see what she does? What PPM should I put the nutes at? I'm halfway through week 2.

Definetly nothing wrong wig letting it drift up and down a bit. As cultivator said it will allow a full range of nutrients. Many prefer to allow drift. But bare in mind Ph is represented on a tenth scale. A change from 5.7 to 5.8 may seem like a dot to us but its a change that's felt tenfold by the plant. They're Hardy but im all about the least stress possible. Part of that is (in hydro) religious Ph maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom