CaptainLucky's First Indoor Golden Tiger Grow 2023

This Destroyer is from a batch purchased in 2019. I ran one in 2014 that was a shorty and full of cherry/blueberry terps, and another one in 2018 that was tall with nice spears and a milder blueberry scent. The 2018 felt very Thai to me and I think this one feels more like a heavy Mexican. This one thumps me silly.

Heheh, but that was the old Malawi, not the new Killer.

I'm having that trouble right now with this Destroyer I harvested. I've smoked a lot of great sativas, but there's something in this one that kinda stomps me a little. I think it must be the terps, too. There's nothing that I can smell, really, but ... dunno ...

:lot-o-toke:

[Edit] I just checked and yes, the new GT has a mix of the old and new Killers. I had the older one. :Namaste:
I really do want to try growing a Malawi though because of how big it gets and unruly. But smoking some seems like something I’d only be interested in occasionally if that much. The Tiger is about my limit and anything stronger would probably be like tripping balls. Lmao 😂 CL🍀. :surf: :woohoo:

I've got both KA5H and Destroyer (2005 seeds) currently flowering outside. I've also got Destroyer x deep chunk/Tom Hill haze going as well, but she's only just showing signs of flowering.
All of them are new to me. Exciting times.
🙂
How many weeks of flowering do they need to finish? You don’t have any problems with the weather there do you? Isn’t it pretty much year round growing time? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

How many weeks of flowering do they need to finish? You don’t have any problems with the weather there do you? Isn’t it pretty much year round growing time? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
@CaptainLucky , high there brother.

The Killer A5 haze I expect to finish around the 3rd week of November, I'm pretty sure that I have the more NL pheno, ie the quickest of the bunch.

The Destroyer (I'm guessing) aground a similar time; But the Original Haze I expect to go to the end of December or even early January. I did her last year and we had to harvest her somewhat early (20th Dec) as both Mrs DM and myself had a nasty flu and bad winds and rain were coming. Despite being very early it is still one of the nicest highs I've ever had! Could be stronger. This year I got her in a fabric pot and will move her indoors on really bad weather days.
The weather here is predominately sunny and it's rare that we do 2 days without some sunshine, but we're in a mountain valley at about 650m and it gets very chilly at night in the winter, sometimes getting down to -3c!, 26f. The winds that rip through the mountains can be horrendous. It really is "touch and go" once we get into late November.
At least Sativa's will take a bit of rain and cool temperatures. Because of my location it's difficult to rig up much protection.
Oh, I also have Green haze 19A5 (mid Dec) and both pheno's of Zenith, the short one in another 3 weeks and the stretchy one account the end of November.

I'm exceptionally high this evening after eating 200mg of GT cob + 200mg Original Haze cob about 6 hours ago😍

!Viva Sativa

Here's the Destroyer (Cannabiogen seed bank, but no longer available). This is from one of 3 regular seeds that I was given by a Spanish friend. The seeds came from a 2005 batch and all 3 germinated but only 2 thrived, one girl and one boy.

IMG_20231005_194915.jpg
IMG_20231005_195004.jpg

I've never smoked any and thought that I probably never would; I put a shout out saying that did anyone have any f generations that they would like to swap. A friend messaged me to say he had 5 of the real thing in his fridge, but they were from 2005 and he wasn't sure how viable they'd be. His 2 also came up 100%.
@CaptainLucky have you read the description of the 2 Zenith phenos?
Both sound awesome.

That's a big girl!! :thedoubletake:

And what a nice growth habit, too. It reminds me of my tall spears pheno from 2018.

:thumb:

[Edit] Did anyone keep a cut?

Here's the Destroyer (Cannabiogen seed bank, but no longer available). This is from one of 3 regular seeds that I was given by a Spanish friend. The seeds came from a 2005 batch and all 3 germinated but only 2 thrived, one girl and one boy.

IMG_20231005_194915.jpg
IMG_20231005_195004.jpg

I've never smoked any and thought that I probably never would; I put a shout out saying that did anyone have any f generations that they would like to swap. A friend messaged me to say he had 5 of the real thing in his fridge, but they were from 2005 and he wasn't sure how viable they'd be. His 2 also came up 100%.
Both sound awesome.
Yes I have and it looks amazing 🤩. Definitely another one for the future. CL🍀

That's a big girl!! :thedoubletake:

And what a nice growth habit, too. It reminds me of my tall spears pheno from 2018.

:thumb:

[Edit] Did anyone keep a cut?
Sadly, no. 🙁 and my attempt to pollinate a branch doesn't seem to have worked.
I have a few seeds from a more recent batch as despite the company no longer officially selling seeds, (they specialize in nutrients these days), CBG still have a few packs left of you contact them privately.

IMG_20231005_194915.jpg
IMG_20231005_195004.jpg

Both sound awesome.
Beautiful grow and beautiful scenery. You are blessed with living in such a beautiful country with great growing opportunities. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I really do want to try growing a Malawi though because of how big it gets and unruly. But smoking some seems like something I’d only be interested in occasionally if that much. The Tiger is about my limit and anything stronger would probably be like tripping balls. Lmao 😂 CL🍀. :surf: :woohoo:

I didn't grow the pure Malawi but I grew the Malawi x Pakistani Chitral Kush and she shot up 16 inches in the first week of flower so I can't even imagine how a pure sativa would have done. I know I definitely need to shorten my veg times so they don't get too big.

I didn't grow the pure Malawi but I grew the Malawi x Pakistani Chitral Kush and she shot up 16 inches in the first week of flower so I can't even imagine how a pure sativa would have done. I know I definitely need to shorten my veg times so they don't get too big.
I've grown a few landraces and rarely got the stretch I was told to expect. I try to aim for eight or more colas, so maybe that's why.

I'm currently trying out a "mini-scrog," which is a 7 gallon pot, a tomato cage, some string and some stretchy landraces:
20230928_052912.jpg

This Namkading landrace (Laos) is the most unruly beast I've ever grown. Branchy, long internodes, larfy buds. I figured this was the only way to make it worth the square footage! :rofl:

Yeah but you can still let it veg for a minute. You just have to find the sweet spot. You don’t want a 2’ plant. CL🍀

Sadly, no. 🙁 and my attempt to pollinate a branch doesn't seem to have worked.
I have a few seeds from a more recent batch as despite the company no longer officially selling seeds, (they specialize in nutrients these days), CBG still have a few packs left of you contact them privately.
They still sell a version of Destroyer. Cannabiogen is selling it in the United States. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom