CC's 2nd Grow - Tutankhamen & AK-47

all look very healthy. usually by day seven from breaking earth they should be a little bit bigger though. how are you watering soil? you should soak it and let it dry out to promote the roots to search for water. youre running 18/6, yeah?

simons team is sending me some serious 6 to grow out. i really hope its not another diesel cut..i love diesel but i have so much diesel.

Yeah, my current plant from my 1st grow already had it's 2nd set of triangular leaves by now.
I'm growing in hempy cups which is new to me. The bottom of the cup has water so I've only watered once which is where I probably messed up. There in coco too which I'd also new to me. I've used MG until I learned better.
Frankly, I'm not impressed by the hempy style. I'd be better off had I'd used MG! I'll adapt I suppose.
Running 24/0 right now. Will switch to 18/6 soon.

mg has good texture soil..problem is some bags smell like rot and have gnats, while other like the miracle gro brand itself potting mix is full of heavy chemicals

scotts premum potting mix is a good texture soil with a mild ec out of bag, so is miracle gro organic, even though it looks like a twig mix. the mix stays spongy throughout entire grow, unlike straight peat. they must use 1:1 compost to peat mix, and add some perlite for shits n giggles.

i use gardners gold at $7 a cu ft, with sea comost you cant go wrong. fully organic. i think with hempy you need daily water and trays when they start drinking heavily.

there is also harvest superpowered potting mix at lowes for $7 with mild ec from chicken manure... .10 .5 .5 i think, would need to start feeding when you see first signs of yellowing. oh yeah..hempy needs to have light food in it a lot as well since you dont have soil to hold nutes there, you rely on the tray

no matter..as long as they grow everyday from here on out..think what will be. they looke healthy now. grow on

Day 8, all is well.
Day_8a_2_.jpg

Day_86.jpg

all is very well..now they are entering veg, on time. good work man. you should have a nice root mass in there soon :thumb:

Coming along Cajun, in a few weeks you will be amazed at how fast they can grow.
I do dig when they hit that streak after transplanting. I can't wait. I'm not good at the seedling part. I want to be though. Check out my 1st grow in progress. She's a lil beast.Ihave high hopes for these 4 gals. I'll tie down, supercrop & scrog. I'm using coco/perlite 3.5 gal hempies & think I have the nutes correct.
We'll see...

Lookin good CC... I'd make sure that bottom fan isn't blowing on the seedlings directly, might dry them out and burn the leaves... not sure if it's blowing on them directly or not, but looks like it might be, so thought I'd mention it... I got a couple crispies that way, lol. :Namaste:

Lookin good CC... I'd make sure that bottom fan isn't blowing on the seedlings directly, might dry them out and burn the leaves... not sure if it's blowing on them directly or not, but looks like it might be, so thought I'd mention it... I got a couple crispies that way, lol. :Namaste:
Yikes. Good catch. The fans right on the babies. Thanks for the reps!

nice plants. seedlings look a little small..they are not hungry its just odd. that plant should take over that screen nicely..

Nice grow :high-five:

nice plants. seedlings look a little small..they are not hungry its just odd. that plant should take over that screen nicely..
I agree. Man, its been a struggle since day 1. I used hempy cups & coco coir. I know somethings up with the seedlings, but yheir healthy & no deficiencies so its rough to figure out?

IMO the key too seedings is not get complicated. I just plant one seed each in a little soil, after wetting soil down completely, and make sure they get good light their first few days so not get too stretchy.

Sometimes if the volume of soil is large, they will grow slow at first cause making a big root system.

Back
Top Bottom