CC's 2nd Grow - Tutankhamen & AK-47

IMO the key too seedings is not get complicated. I just plant one seed each in a little soil, after wetting soil down completely, and make sure they get good light their first few days so not get too stretchy.

Sometimes if the volume of soil is large, they will grow slow at first cause making a big root system.

this is all true. so is it hempy/coco now, or are they in soil? if in soil, soak the soil and then let it dry out for a day or two. they should blow up with growth soon, they look healthy

was the flowering plant under fluorescent lighting till now?

My problem is that I put yhe seedlings in hempy cups w/ 60% coco/40% perlite and nutes. I've always used MG potting soil & walked away. I was talked into this method, but honestly won't do it again as I don't see any benefits using hempy method until their in their permanent buckets.
I believe I'll grow the sh!t out of these once I get em outta those cups. I know this is a passive hydro system, but using nutes is new to me as well as caring about ph.
Lots have changed since I was a kid & grew out back.

True dat, lol... gonna be trying supersoil at some point over the winter to see how that works side by side with the hempys.
I'd like to try FF or similiar too. I'm still hopeful about this coco/hempy grow,but it's tempting to get hese girls into soil.
I'm glad y'all are on board. I see many questions & a few emergency situations happening before it's all over with. Smart pots have me interested too, but gotta learn 1 thing at s time.

Don't get me wrong, I like hempy and I'm not necessarily going to give it up. I want to see how they compare side by side with about 60 days of veg. That will be a large part of what I decide. My big thing is that hydro has a much larger maitenance hurdle, and my girl is dyslexic, so she can't do the nutes or ph as she may transpose numbers and end up giving, say 51ml p/gal of Grow instead of 15ml p/gal, soil would be easier on that side. But, if a good, solid soil, like supersoil can't keep up with hempy with a decent veg time, then I'll stick with the hempy. It's easy, it doesn't have moving parts to fail, it's easy to fix a nute screwup because flushing is simple. I do like them. I'm debating trying a 5gal hempy next run, just for giggles ;) :Namaste:

We're talking about popping a black strain next year for our more goth-ish sensabilities around this time of year to veg for a tree for the holiday season ;) I'm thinking about a 5gal hempy or passive-hydro style airpot for that one ... just haven't figured out yet if we want it to be finishing flowering by the holidays or just fully into it ;) :Namaste:

we put the moms in dirt, but every thing else goes in 1 lter hempy's they work better for us

We're talking about popping a black strain next year for our more goth-ish sensabilities around this time of year to veg for a tree for the holiday season ;) I'm thinking about a 5gal hempy or passive-hydro style airpot for that one ... just haven't figured out yet if we want it to be finishing flowering by the holidays or just fully into it ;) :Namaste:
I've wanted to grow some blue strain just for the color.
r

Good Skunkday

Still going. Ladies have some pretty white roots. Will probably see big difference now the roots have developed in to the hempy reservoir. Will transplant in a week.
IMG_20130806_131537_981.jpg

Transplanted the girls into their final home, 3.5 gal hempy buckets. I'm hoping it wasnt a mistake not going to 1 gal first for awhile. We'll see.
Got them under the MH light. They're digging it.
Pics soon.

Was there good root structure in the bottom of their cups?
Absolutely. Kinda took me by surprise. The roots were very healthy & about 5" long. They will do fine. Id like to see them hit yhe reservoir soon.

Heya mon frere, don't worry homme, it gonna be fine... long as the roots were good, she'll reach the res, just may take an extra day or 2. You'll know when she hits it too, her growth will increase a lot more. I dropped several straght from 2L to 2.4gal and they've done fine and I'm going to be dropping a couple more from plastic red party cups into the 2.4 gal trash can hempys within the next 2 days or so as well. :Namaste:

Heya mon frere, don't worry homme, it gonna be fine... long as the roots were good, she'll reach the res, just may take an extra day or 2. You'll know when she hits it too, her growth will increase a lot more. I dropped several straght from 2L to 2.4gal and they've done fine and I'm going to be dropping a couple more from plastic red party cups into the 2.4 gal trash can hempys within the next 2 days or so as well. :Namaste:
Whew, mai. Merci pour le parler mon ami. Elle growing grand!
I'm hoping for great things from mon grand jolie fille.
This was my first time supercropping, FIMg & using a screen (SCRoG). I believe it all worked out. Day 2 of flowering.

Back
Top Bottom