Challenging Auto Grow - Who's Down to Help a Brother Out?

Re: Challenging Auto Grow....whose down to help a brother out?

Hey guys, so a quick unfortunate update.

I had set up in the bottom of of a cabinet, a white one so light was going really well, all my stuff has arrived, lights, reflectors etc etc....

It was all really good.

And then I had a fight with my woman.

What did she do? She killed my fucking plant.
Im devastated, but I bought it upon my self.

Im moving the set up to my home, instead of her shop, it wont have the white cabinet but I have an area in the kitchen that has good air circulation and its white tiled, just gotta figure out how to get the lights installed well.
Im still fucking devastated that after 2 weeks she just killed it like that. Seriously. Atleast I have seeds available, and it may have been for the best because people were going to her shop whispering 'whats that plant they are growing'....

Im gonna post some pics up in a couple of days with the new set up that we have.

I feel like a complete twat, you guys have helped out so much and now its just all fucking over. Im gonna get this shit back on the road, starting off with a 150W MH and making sure this works. I will stop at nothing.

I have one last question, can I use the same soil that was in that pot or do I have to start afresh? I had started adding a TINY amount of veg nutes that will still be in that soil....but I dont think thats a problem....whats your advice if any?

I hope you guys havent ruled me out....fuck.....

If you are considering re using your growing medium you should ensure it is flushed of all fertilizer salts and the runoff is pH 5.8 for soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. Waiting on photographs.

So here are the pics that were taken the night before the fucked up incident.
Got a pic of the plant as it was, the 3rd set of leaves coming out nicely, the HPS I bought, and the set up that it was going to be under....(pic shown just has the lamp that i was using from before, but you can see on top the reflector). All we were waiting on at the time was the MH.

More pics to come next week when I've done the total set up at my own home, currently having some renovation done.

mmexport1400645857746.jpg
mmexport1400645860656.jpg
mmexport1400645864986.jpg

If you have handled the glass portion of the bulb you must clean the oil from your hand off with rubbing alcohol. Oils from hands can cause the bulb to heat unevenly and cause premature light bulb failure.

updates :D :D :D

so the second plant sprouted on the 13th pf june.

before that though, just under a week before, something else sprouted from the soil, one of the old seeds i have from yunnan in china, i have no idea what strain or if its male or female (these were bought from the farmer) - so yeah!! it started off strong and good, but it seems to have slowed down now.

ive been taking pics every 7 days. the new auto...its either big bang or blueberry..any thoughts?

IMAG19521.jpg
IMAG19511.jpg
IMAG1947.jpg

that was week 1...heres a quick picture of week 2
IMAG2057.jpg

today is the 29th, so thats about 2 and couple of days...
theres some issues now, the normal plant (yunnan i call it) is slightly wilting and showing some yellowishness...so m guessing overwatering. same with the auto. conditions are 30C and humidity ranges from 30 - 50%

i havent watered for over a day (before it was regular watering as the weather here is REALLY dry.

IMAG20643.jpg
IMAG20653.jpg
IMAG20621.jpg

BTW. Currently running a MH 150W light.

Figuring out how to combat the yellowing problem i have and then starting on nutes.

Whens a good time to start the HPS?

30C is too hot for your girl. Start with MH if you can, switch to HPS when flower starts. The last image you posted tells me she is big enough for nutes, and that may solve your yellowing issue. Start at 1/8th strength.

You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit or 20°-30° Celsius and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering.

Its been just over a month now.

Got some pics - I'll explain also. THe humidity thing, working around it tops it gets at times is about 60/70 on days when it rains, apart from that the weather is tricky. Theres a humidifier next to it and it stays about 30/40 most of the time.

Watering and nutes I think I kind of fucked up and stunted growth. I think it was nute burn, so its been flushing for a week and its looking alot healthier. Like alot healthier. I've been underwatering my plant since the beginning with water ive realised. Thats to save for next time.

So its been stunted I guess and flowering hasnt still begun but it looks like its coming soon.
After this week ive just put in 1/6th strength of the roots nutes that I have here, for growth.

I'll wait for a reply before I feed.

Just uploading pics in the meantime.

I've been growing autos for about 3 years and have done many experiments with them.

I have found, they like 18-6 or 20-4 lighting. 12/12 reduces yields in all cases.

Three gallon pots give great yields. Five gallon pots give slightly better yeilds.

Coco gives better yields than soil.

Autos don't grow as large under LED. I have seen others get great yields with LED. Must be the brand, don't know.

I have found that autos respond well to T5, cool light for the beginning of their grow. I use a 4 bulb T5. I keep it six inches above hte tops of the plants. I do this for about 2 weeks, then switch to HPS.

I found that HPS grows autos bigger with bigger yields than MH. If I used MH, it would only be for the first 2 weeks. Maybe 3.

You need to get that thing as big as possible within the first 30 days, as most auto strains really slow their growth down after 30 days, as they start to preflower. Some don't preflower until day 40-45. Those get huge.

It is bad to stress autos. It effects yields. Here is why. Autos have a genetic timeline for how long they will veg, grow large. Once that timeline is met, the plants starts to flower. If you stress it too much, you can actually send it into flower much sooner than day 30-45. That really sucks and gives you a tiny plant with tiny buds, tiny yields.

I don't LST, top, or do any sort of training for my autos. Sometimes I will transplant from 1 gallon to 3 or 5 gallon, but I am very careful with how I transplant. I transplant before the plant's roots take up the space in the 1 gallon.

It's doing good. Like its starting to grow quick and its still on MH. Should I switch to HPS yet? Its not started flowering

Im having a problem uploading pics. But just looked at the last ones and it is UP today. Fed it a1/6th grow nutes that last time, then water, and today a bit of water too. A good amount.

Its drinking well. And growing well.

But still not flowering!!
Also sad to see how it could have been much bigger, well thats for next time!

I would use the Metal Halide light bulb with your auto flower cannabis plant until your plant begins to flower and then switch to the High Pressure Sodium light bulb.

If they haven't started to flower yet, and your plant is not over two feet tall, that is a good thing. Get it as big as you can before it starts to flower.

Personally, I would have it under HPS right now.

Its been just over a month now.

Got some pics - I'll explain also. THe humidity thing, working around it tops it gets at times is about 60/70 on days when it rains, apart from that the weather is tricky. Theres a humidifier next to it and it stays about 30/40 most of the time.

Watering and nutes I think I kind of fucked up and stunted growth. I think it was nute burn, so its been flushing for a week and its looking alot healthier. Like alot healthier. I've been underwatering my plant since the beginning with water ive realised. Thats to save for next time.

So its been stunted I guess and flowering hasnt still begun but it looks like its coming soon.
After this week ive just put in 1/6th strength of the roots nutes that I have here, for growth.

I'll wait for a reply before I feed.

Just uploading pics in the meantime.

I can't upload :(

I've seen the first signs of flowering and have switched to a 250W HPS. Its about 10+ cm over the plant, varies depending on temperature. Growth of leaves and stem has now slowed down, expected because no more MH but is it normal?

I've given its first feed at still 1/6th Grow nutes. 1/8th bloom nutes. Next feed is due tomorrow.

Does all this sound normal?

Plant is now about 20cm high and about 15cm in diameter at the top.

My bloom nutes are Miracle Gro - but Im gonna see if I can find some Chinese brand, it might work better, or worse.

Any added advice at this point would be really helpful. I'm quite concerned with the slow growth.
One point is - should I increase the amount of water that goes into a feed?

IF your plant has began to flower then the plant will slow its vegetative growth but should begin to stretch in the next weeks. I believe that you experienced a forum bug when you attempted to upload your photographs.

If you experience any further error when attempting to upload your photographs please report them to this forum.

Website Help & Feedback

thought it was flowering but they are just nodes at the moment.
i should switch back to MH right?
but then flowering should be just right round the corner.
the plant is doing good, i havent watered it yet, waiting for the soil to dry up, next feed tomorrow at the same strength

I would switch back to the Metal Halide light bulb for vegetative growth. Never touch the glass on the light bulb with your hands and fingers, the oil from your hands can cause hot spots on the bulb and severely reduce the life of the light bulb. If you touch the glass on your light bulb with your hands you can clean the light bulb with rubbing alcohol.

I would switch back to the Metal Halide light bulb for vegetative growth. Never touch the glass on the light bulb with your hands and fingers, the oil from your hands can cause hot spots on the bulb and severely reduce the life of the light bulb. If you touch the glass on your light bulb with your hands you can clean the light bulb with rubbing alcohol.

its approaching the 2 foot mark. its about 60 cm tall. its a lot bigger than i expecteed it to get. like a lot.

ITS STILL not flowering. im beginning to wonder whether its even auto or not. it looks great, loads of side brances and nodes,

i have my other plant next to it, which is a random wild, in all likliness its probably male, but the signs of sex havent shown on it and its relatively tiny, so it wouldnt be able to stop the flowering of my female auto.

its been back on MH and growth is still good. im thinking if i should make a clone? considering its taking so long to flower...
either way, its a month and half now and no flowering.
i should be concerned right?

If your plant is an auto flower cannabis plant and a cutting was rooted as a clone from the plant the resulting clone would flower at the same time as the mother auto flower plant. If your plant is a photo period cannabis plant you may take any 4" or longer shoot to use as a cutting and root as a clone. I use clones from established mother plants for my grows but also germinate seeds for new genetics.

Back
Top Bottom