Learning To Grow & Train Auto Flowering Plants: 8 Autos In A 2'x4' Grow Tent

You're a brave one - 8 different auto strains in a 2x4. Courage like that deserves to be followed. I'm in!

@Sunnyskies assures me that with proper training it's possible to pull it off. I'm kind of like you and will be following myself to see how it works out. :rofl:

Going to pull up a seat if that's okay. Let's get that tent filled. :headbanger:

VetSmoke85 you are of course very welcome to join this crew. Please feel free to comment and share as you like.

@Sunnyskies assures me that with proper training it's possible to pull it off. I'm kind of like you and will be following myself to see how it works out. :rofl:

VetSmoke85 you are of course very welcome to join this crew. Please feel free to comment and share as you like.

I don’t understand what is so unrealistic about 8 plants in a 2x4 tent. I just harvested 8 plants in my 2x4 and made out with a little over a pound crip dry weight.

I think you will hit those numbers just the same. Gonna trying popping something else. The QPAxTangerine Dream Auto doesn’t look like it’s gonna make it.

Gonna trying popping something else. The QPAxTangerine Dream Auto doesn’t look like it’s gonna make it.

I'm not sure how long to let the Train Wreck go before culling it in lieu of another plant. I guess a few more days won't hurt. I did get one of the 6 QPA X GG4 to put out a taproot but that's all it did for almost 2 days so I split the shell open and put it back in the perlite and still not doing anything. On the opposite end of the spectrum I've germinated 10 of the Garlic Sherbert seeds I just bred and was 10 for 10 sprouting with them.

Rolling a fat blunt! I’m in for this action!

Share that blunt with Chef Green he's stuck in trim jail with nothing to smoke but finger hash. And welcome LandoC.

@Sunnyskies what is the ideal humidity for the young seedlings now and through veg? I know I'm low at under 50% so I may have to resort to lightly misting the top of the soil just to add a little humidity. Not enough to affect the soil or plant. Just enough to evaporate quickly into the tent.

@beez0404 I battle humidity in my climate so my tent is running in the mid 60’s as far as RH goes.

Something I have been thinking about the last few days is the idea that auto flowering plants don't do as well in organic soil as they do in other mediums such as ProMix and Hempy/perlite. I wish I had given this more thought as it might have been a good experiment to grow one of the eight in ProMix and the others in the organic soil.

My question is this. What is the reason do you think that the plants don't grow with as much vigor in the organic soil? What holds them back and keeps them smaller?
If one of your goals for this grow is to keep it "organic", there's nothing wrong with the concept that we discussed on my thread. I've only had mixed success with autos but don't remember ever trying to feed them consistently.

Bat Guano for vegging and Seabird Guano for flowering is what I've always been told.

Chef Green...:passitleft:
‘Preciate that.

@beez0404
Trim jail wasn’t too bad, only took me a couple of hours which is short for me. You’re going to want to consult a VPD chart to know exactly what rH you want depending on the temp in the tent. I’m fairly certain for 77-81 you want something like 75-77% rH for idea veg conditions. One easy way to remember for veg is 77oF and 77% rH is ideal.

I don’t know if you remember @GreenGenez, but he told me once that in an arid environment plants will restructure their roots to compensate for a lack of humidity above ground. That’s probably all well and good for photoperiodic plants, but I’m sure for autos the closer you can dial in an idea rH the better. Best not to have them deal with adjusting to dry conditions.

I just got back from buying square steel tubing to start building my canoe trailer. I checked on the girls when I got back. I seem to have the temp figured out okay. It is staying (with lights on) right around 80-82 degrees which I think is fine. The RH however is another story at 41% when I got home. I have a very small humidifier that produces a cool mist which might help I just can't figure a way to put it to use in the tent. It just won't fit on the floor. I may build a small table and set it on that outside the tent pointed inside.

This tent is in my upstairs bathroom. I am considering buying a humidifier for the whole room. It's such a waste though as humidity isn't a problem here. The A/C keeps it low in the summer and the winters are dry here. Maybe I can find one on FB Marketplace used.

Here's 2 white widow autod in 2×4 closet under tsl2000 Mars hydro led. Just using LST. 10 zips dried all usable flowers when all was said n done. Best of luck on your grow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200905-174921.png
    Screenshot_20200905-174921.png
    852.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20200905-175016.png
    Screenshot_20200905-175016.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20200905-174910.png
    Screenshot_20200905-174910.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20200905-174957.png
    Screenshot_20200905-174957.png