Ase's Auto Quadlining Grow

I've seen some people train autos and the stress threw them into flower right away but I've done 6-7 autos and they all turned out fine with the quadline.

If this helps either of you decide... this was a quadlined Auto Cherry Bomb that I did and it was awesome. Probably the best I'll ever do with an auto.

Exceptional plant for sure mate :passitleft:

I will switch to autos in 5-6 months because I want multiple small plants instead of a gigantic one plant. This way I would have more options to smoke. I only have Blue Cheese(BlueberryxUKCheese) right now and it turned out great but just not a strain that you can perform your job easily while smoking . You got some hard hitting strains there too so be careful :p

It would be nice for me to sub to this journal because I never tried topping with autos.

I got lots of time so lets watch this show.

Good luck :morenutes:

Looking forward to your new grow Ase! I have topped autos and have had quite a bit of success. I have also grown autos with LST (both topped and untopped). However, I believe once I get adept at Quad-lining, that will likely be my favourite grow method. Thank you for all of the inspiration, Ase!

About a week in and I've been so busy to start this grow. The president of my company (and I work for a big company) came to visit my store. It was a big deal and everything went great but I've worked a ton of hours in the last 5 days and these girls are off to a little bit of a slow start. I think I missed a watering day or two but back on schedule now and will try to get them in their final pots in the next week. Will probably start training them after that.

Two weeks into the grow today. I put them in their final homes two days ago and they seemed to have no problems with it. I will give them a good feed today and in a couple days I'll top them and begin the quadline process. Life is crazy busy right now so sorry about the lack of updates but in about a week that all goes away. Really there hasn't been a ton to document though but once I start quadlining them I'll update more!

Sorry to just be stumbling in this late in the game but I'm subbed in for the autos. Well at least your not curing them yet so not too late. Knock it out of the park Ase.
Just in time really, haven't missed hardly anything.

I’m not sure if you mentioned it already, but are you using coco still?
Yes still using coco but something different, I'm using 5 gallon pots instead of 3 gallon. It's really about 4 gallons of coco because I folded them down a bit. I used all my 3 gallon pots outside for my tomatoes this year!
Morning mr.Ase looking good in your neighborhood...... :headbanger:
Thank you Smeegs! For now, all is well.

Two weeks into the grow today. I put them in their final homes two days ago and they seemed to have no problems with it. I will give them a good feed today and in a couple days I'll top them and begin the quadline process. Life is crazy busy right now so sorry about the lack of updates but in about a week that all goes away. Really there hasn't been a ton to document though but once I start quadlining them I'll update more!

This is just great. I was browsing for ways to increase yield and found your thread. Know nothing of this technique and am looking forward to learning. My 2 Auto creme de la chem are the same age as your plants and I'll follow instructions. Thanks in advance.

This is just great. I was browsing for ways to increase yield and found your thread. Know nothing of this technique and am looking forward to learning. My 2 Auto creme de la chem are the same age as your plants and I'll follow instructions. Thanks in advance.
No problem. Check out the Quadline Community Thread I have linked in both my signature and in the first post. The first post in that thread gives a good rundown of what Quadlining is and how it's done.

Welcome aboard!

Day 18

I meant to trim off nodes 1 and 2 a couple days ago and then top sometime around today but I've been really busy again and didn't have time. For the first time all week I had a few hours to myself so I trimmed nodes 1 and 2 off and topped them all as well. Surprisingly all of them seem to be moving along about the same rate. Not sure when I'll have time again so just had to do it all at once. Usually I like waiting a couple days after the trimming off of nodes 1 and 2 before I top. I've done it all at once before too and it didn't seem to slow things down. As long as the plants are really vegging it doesn't seem to slow them down either way but it's always good practice to only cause little amounts of stress here and there rather then all at once.Anyways some before and after pictures.

Before
After
Before
After
Before
After (not the same plant but they all look about the same).

Ooh err think I'll sub up for this one Ase.
Been on your quad lining thread before. Awesome thread that's helped loads of guys to get over the myths surrounding autos. Love it mate! I love abusing autos too! sometimes they do crumble a bit cos I am pretty rough with them but I like to push them to the limits. It keeps me entertained :)
Can't wait to see what you've got In store for us mate. I usually do the same as you but I leave the bottom 2 nodes on. Gonna try your way next time though and we what happens. It does look a lot more manageable than my method :)

Here Ase, have you ever tried this method on a fast finisher, do they recover from it in time?
Only ever grown large autos but something got me craving some 8 weekers just to see how they smoke. Curiosity finally getting the better of me.
Never really tried. I don't grow autos very much.
How many nodes did your plants develop before top? Currently at 5.
When I see decent growth coming out of node #4 is when I try and top. That way I know if I top 3 and 4 have all growth and that is where the focus will be to send the energy to. Sounds like you will be pretty close soon. I'm guessing it's probably at node 6 or 7.

Day 23

Another quick update due to lack of time but the girls have all recovered well and were tied down today. Basically topped them 5 days ago and haven't touched them since. Because they are autos I tend to do a lot less defoliation so I haven't taken any leaves. No broken branches so that is good news as well!

Before
Tied down
Northern Lights
Lemon
Purple Skunk Mass
UK Cheese. This was is noticeably bigger and lankier than the other girls which are all about the same size.

Another quick update due to lack of time but the girls have all recovered well and were tied down today. Basically topped them 5 days ago and haven't touched them since.
I should post this on social media sites, with no mention of cannabis, and see what kind of reactions I get. :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom