CrazyChef's Indoor Five Strain Quadline Journal: OG Kush, Northern Lights, Cheese, Girl Scout Cookies, Peyote Critical

Hey Chef! So sorry about the pollination that seemed to occur in the tent - it is a bummer as seed production definitely decreases yield and potency in your bud. In saying that, i have had a Glue X Sour Grape that got seeded but the bud was amazing to smoke so i'm not trying to get you down. Looking healthy in there and your flowers are stacking well! :slide: Awesome pics as per usual!

So I decided to take off the training wires and let the girls do their own thing from now until harvest.

Cheese (left) and NL
JAeVngt.jpg

GSC and PC (top right)
1JkjYjQ.jpg

One of the GSC girls - you can see there'll be 10 distinct colas
VhePDh4.jpg

It seems I updated on the photos, but forgot to update the autos. One of the OGK girls is holding up fine, but the other one I think may need supports because of how wide she got, and how long I left the training wires on her.

Here's the one that I think may need the support, before and after. Looks like she's also due for a feeding today.
osHPNRv.jpg
yWwP9NG.jpg

And here's the one that seems okay as is. Well, except I think she'll need a little extra nitrogen in her food today.
T7JCQE5.jpg

A few bud pics: Regular, close up, and macro
1661044962044.png
1661042752092.png
xvT2wN2.jpg

So many flowers! :slide: Looking great Chef! Loads of pistils pushing in there. The autos are filling out nicely!

Took a few pics to check the trichomes - still not even close to harvesting. But DAYUM! These girls are just getting thicker every day! Mighty dense nuggs so far, and VERY sticky! Can you tell I'm excited? :p

And the smell - very strong pine/skunk scent. I can't wait to try this stuff!

Here are the 2 best pics I got:

1661042378208.png

1661042470448.png

Time to trim up the hermie and see if there's anything worth salvaging for smoke. Hopefully the seeds matured enough to use for a future grow. If there's nothing worth smoking, I'll still cure it and use it for hash, then take the leftover material from that and put it in my oil/tincture trim stash (still have to figure out the best way to make a vapeable eliquid). Pics coming up in a bit.

Interesting... I ended up with a lot more than I thought I would, at just under an ounce - 27.19 grams. And it's a lot stickier than I thought it would be, so I decided to go ahead with the cure and salvage the seeds after it's done. Looks like about 50% of them will be mature enough to plant. Didn't even try to trim the mini sugar leaves. I have no plans to give this away, so why bother? Although in it's present state it does seem to resemble the Mexican dirt weed we used to get in the 70's. Sure don't smell like it though! :p

Before
cBVoVzb.jpg

After
u0DCFMj.jpg
BGKzhA8.jpg

Some of the seeds that fell during the half assed trim
s9pehZ5.jpg

Jarred
KEDfyHC.jpg

Although in it's present state it does seem to resemble the Mexican dirt weed we used to get in the 70's.
It does sort of resemble weed from the 70's , but you'd have to
put that pile of stems back in to look more like the crap I used to get... :)

That definitely is a happy garden,Chef!
You're even going to get some decent smoke off that little one...does your sister get a little sample?

That definitely is a happy garden,Chef!
You're even going to get some decent smoke off that little one...does your sister get a little sample?
Thanks! She's moving to North Caroline the third week of October, and figured she didn't have enough time to grow it so she gave it to me. If it's ready before she leaves, I may just keep a nugg for myself and give her the rest.

So, I'm thinking about prematurely harvesting one of the OG Kush autos (both at 94 days old, 56 days in flower). I'm thinking about harvesting one of them early (like, today) for the more racy, cerebral high. Then letting the other one mature to about 30% amber trichs.

Here's the first one (the one I'm thinking of harvesting). Her white pistil growth has slowed down a bit more than the other one, so that's why I'm thinking this one would be better to harvest prematurely.

eyVIBvn.jpg

And here's the 2nd one, still has a fair amount of white pistils.

bxrNn8d.jpg

yeZgLi1.jpg

SwBQaOn.jpg

So what do you guys think - should I go ahead with chopping the first one? Thanks!

Damn,you're fast!
I'll be looking forward to the smoke report.
Looks like you're going to get quite a bit off that girl-
nice,dense nugs!

an ounce looks about right,, but an oz at what rh? makes a ton o dif,, an ounce at 60%rh is 3/4 an oz at 50% and a half oz at 30

Back
Top Bottom