Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

The Cherry Pie has remarkable terps. It starts off really sour (think sour apple or jolly ranchers), but it seems to have gotten a bit sweeter in the last week or so. More of a toaster strudel type smell going on and very pie like. It's honestly probably the best smelling stuff I've ever had. I know that the sweet / sour terps change to a dark cherry like terp as the cure progresses and she dries a little. If I were to have you smell the jars from last august compared to what I just harvested I think you guys wouldn't even believe it's the same strain.

The NL is still very orange peal like...
The Platinum OG is giving off some bubble gum like terps, really interesting and unexpected since at harvest time I really had a lack of words to describe her other than a little skunky.

I lost about 1/3-1/2 a harvest to mold from not burped enough in a glass jar. Now I try to stay to the dry side for the cure. I think the best cure drags it out. It's all a guessing game for me still. Most important part though.
I lost a few ounces to begin with.

My climate will overdry your bud in 2 days lol. I’ve sort of got the hang of drying and curing now. It’s a lot of work, not work really, more needing daily action, consistency and close watching.

I do a slow dry, two weeks or so in the fridge, rotating bags each day. Then jar and shake n burp BD for two weeks, then shake n burp daily for a week, then every other day. I think it’s week 4 this week and it’s smelling sweeter than a diabetic on a sugar high.

The Cherry Pie has remarkable terps. It starts off really sour (think sour apple or jolly ranchers), but it seems to have gotten a bit sweeter in the last week or so. More of a toaster strudel type smell going on and very pie like. It's honestly probably the best smelling stuff I've ever had. I know that the sweet / sour terps change to a dark cherry like terp as the cure progresses and she dries a little. If I were to have you smell the jars from last august compared to what I just harvested I think you guys wouldn't even believe it's the same strain.

The NL is still very orange peal like...
The Platinum OG is giving off some bubble gum like terps, really interesting and unexpected since at harvest time I really had a lack of words to describe her other than a little skunky.
I’m so happy for you :)

Northern Lights yielded ~= 5oz where ~= 1 was larf.

20220406_141633.jpg

20220406_141620.jpg

The pictures came out a bit blurry. Sorry.
That's it for this round. I leave you with some stats.

Total
15.75oz (441g) at 1.47g / w
20oz (560g) at 1.87g / w (larf)

Even if it loses 10% weight in moisture
14.175oz (397g) at 1.32g / w
18oz (504g) at 1.68g / w (larf)

Previous total (different strains and SCROG)
22.1oz (619g) or 2.06g / w (larf)

I didn't train much, or do a staggered harvest, nor did I SCROG this time but I still think things went well. I'm confident that these strains could've bested my previous grow with a little more effort. The @Mars Hydro FC3000 performed very well in my 4x4 grow tent. Thanks for following along.

20220406_141117.jpg

:passitleft:
damn that looks sooooo yuuuummmmyyy!! wish i had sum of that aint smoked in 2 weeks im completly out..

I would love to share with you, @marcus611a. You'd be doing me a favor... It might sound crazy but I haven't sampled that NL yet... Just a little tester while trimming and a few hits of scissor hash. I did sample the outdoor NL I grew before it. Because it was harvested a bit early, I had to mix it with some other buds just to get it in me. One thing I found out was that mixing the NL with my outdoor Zkittlez made heavy sleep medication lol. I just have so much in my stash. Right now I'm smoking on some GSC left from April 2021 and some Cherry Pie from August 2021... I'll probably use some of my old stock for extractions soon to make room for other things and maybe take a little break after this grow I've got going atm. I hope you get to fill your jars soon. You'll get extra fried just for having detoxed for a bit.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal in Grow Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

:Namaste:

Thanks, Mike.

If anyone is interested, here's a link to my latest journal. Hope to see you there.

Back
Top Bottom