420's Soil ProMix Hp, Gorilla Glue & Girl Scout Cookies: Grow Journal 2020

PK

It's time for new siries. Grab your pupcorns as i am super excited for this grow perticularly.

Growing in 2x2x6 tent
Growing these ladies under TS1000 mars hydro light when they grow a bit bigger
Growing in ProMix HP soil
AC temp set to 25c for air inlet -
6" fan inside the tent for air movement
Exhust fan is set to an digital thermo that activates each plug based on the temprature. Temprature set to 32c 86f for heat only

This will be my second grow from seeds. I have recieved a number of seeds from a friend that he kept from the weed he smoked.
He did tell me that he mixed the seeds and isnt sure which seed is what, but he is sure that all the seeds are either gorilla glue or girl scout cookies. - Only time will tell what we have growing -

16/07/2020
I dropped two seeds in a glass of tap water. My tap water is at ph7 and since my last girl did fine I kept the ph the same.
These seeds will be in water until they crack and a root is visible
The black container consist of ProMix Hp soil with no additional fertilizer. I got this ready and give it some water to get it moist and put it aside until its time to use it.
2020-07-07 08.07.09.jpg

I find that the paper towel method is the easiest way of getting these seeds to root. I make my paper tower wet but i don't want to leak any water. i fold the paper towel twice so it covers the seed well and then i put it in side of a zip log bag. I don't close the zip log bag, but instead i put it beween a towel and put it inside my closet.
Here is a picture after two days of being in moist paper towel
2020-07-18 11.36.21.jpg

18/08/2020
With the germenation process started and our seeds rooting, It is finally time to drop our seeds in our pre-made container that we made few days back. I sticked a pencil about an half inch into the soil and dropped my seed in it. I did make sure the root is facing downwords and gentrly cover it with some srounding dirt. I did not press on it as i want to make sure she has a easy way coming up towards the light.
2020-07-18 11.36.32.jpg

I am currently putting these with my clones that i have going from my frist grow.
They are under a 120w white LED and the temps and humidity are 95f/80%
I will be spraying tab water only when the soil is dry or not moist enough.

July/20/2020

RISE MY CHILDREN :popcorn:

2020-07-20 10.32.15 HDR.jpg

Currently they are under a 24h light with 80% humidity and temps are around 65c/165f. just doing a quick conversion in my head while writing this up. the humidity in the room does keep it wet and yesterday i gave it one spray of tab water.

No Nutrients yet
never PH (Just encase you're wondering)

i will remove the seed shell In couple days if it has not fallen down from the first set of leaves.
I will also be topping up more promix hp soil while they are streching towards the light.

So, here is something new to me. The plant on the right is growing and its shell fell and it's looking good.
The one on the left, the shell never fell so i took it off, but it has been at the same hight and the leaves are still closed for three days now?

Any ideas??

2020-07-23 11.00.19.jpg

Make sure the membrane from the seed still isn't on the seedling.

2020-07-23 14.28.31.jpg 2020-07-23 14.30.35.jpg 2020-07-23 14.30.45.jpg

I don't think i see any sort of membrane on the two leaves. any reference on how it looks like lol?
I would assume something would be visible to show if there was a membrane

interesting little girl!! i guess i'll leave her be for another few days?

Unfortinutlly, one of the seedlings didn't make it. The starter leaves never opend. I tried spraying water on it and keep it moist but nothing worked :Namaste:

With every bad news comes a good one and as you can see the other one is make it beutifully.
2020-07-26 20.27.31.jpg

I have to admit that the leaves do look different from the once i am growing currently. This one is aloot thicker :green_heart:

2020-07-26 21.00.12.jpg

Temps at 155f 65c
humidty at 79%

currently i have 1/4 tsp of MC in my spray bottle and i am spraying the soil three times a day. :popcorn:

Unfortinutlly, one of the seedlings didn't make it. The starter leaves never opend. I tried spraying water on it and keep it moist but nothing worked :Namaste:

With every bad news comes a good one and as you can see the other one is make it beutifully.
2020-07-26 20.27.31.jpg

I have to admit that the leaves do look different from the once i am growing currently. This one is aloot thicker :green_heart:

2020-07-26 21.00.12.jpg

Temps at 155f 65c
humidty at 79%

currently i have 1/4 tsp of MC in my spray bottle and i am spraying the soil three times a day. :popcorn:
I am elated to see at least one work for ya. Never a guarantee with seeds.

I've got one question for you though. It kinda disturbed me when I read it. 65c??? Why are your temps so high? Is that a typo? I may be wrong but at that temp your seeding is going to burn up. I missing something here? That certainly would explain the quick drying out of the medium.
May I suggest you stop misting? Put her in a tray and water her from the bottom. Let her soak until the pot is heavy and then put her on a dry surface. No more water till she's light as a feather. Similar to how you'd avoid over watering an established plant in a pot.
I'm not trying to tell ya what to do. I'd hope you don't take it that way. Just sharing my method....that heats gotta go though bro. My greenhouse isn't that hot in mid day heat.

noted!
I am elated to see at least one work for ya. Never a guarantee with seeds.

I've got one question for you though. It kinda disturbed me when I read it. 65c??? Why are your temps so high? Is that a typo? I may be wrong but at that temp your seeding is going to burn up. I missing something here? That certainly would explain the quick drying out of the medium.
May I suggest you stop misting? Put her in a tray and water her from the bottom. Let her soak until the pot is heavy and then put her on a dry surface. No more water till she's light as a feather. Similar to how you'd avoid over watering an established plant in a pot.
I'm not trying to tell ya what to do. I'd hope you don't take it that way. Just sharing my method....that heats gotta go though bro. My greenhouse isn't that hot in mid day heat.

the tempratures are also out of the roof right now. we've been getting hot sunny days and the room these guys are in it gets pretty hot. I've got a big fan just moving air around while the ac is connected in the living room some what to the tent.

You need to get that temp down any way you can; if 155f is not a typo 68 degrees Celsius would boil me dry I would literally die in that, think 100 Celsius is when water boils you are 30 degrees from the water in your plants boiling lol

its been 30 to 34c here so the rooms have been really hot. the plants seem to be okay tho

Back
Top Bottom