Hutch's First Grow: Amnesia Haze Auto In ProMix HP

Hi folks, beautiful day here in paradise, mostly sunny with a few wispy clouds.

Received the 60x-120x microscope from Amazon. It is exactly what I expected but I'm still a bit disappointed. I can't see the trichomes well enough to determine if they are milky. I just don't have enough experience. Practised on a couple of dispensary samples but their trichomes looked mostly crystal clear. I ended up taping a jeweler's loupe to my ipad and managed to get a few pictures.

Hope someone can take a look at these
IMG-1524.JPGIMG-1525.JPGIMG-1526.JPGIMG-1527.JPGIMG-1529.JPGIMG-1530.JPGIMG-1533.JPGIMG-1534.JPG
Love it!

Amnesia Haze Auto Day 84 (44 Days in flower)
This lady is continuing to ripen for a few more days. In the meantime I removed part of a branch with a bit of bud to practice drying.
IMG-1566.JPG

Took a big Walmart box and strung some wire to hang from. Cut doors for the front and hung this very green bud from the wire.

IMG-1567.JPG

Will see what we have here on Saturday. Maybe smoke a sample to celebrate 420 :lot-o-toke:

Amnesia Haze Auto Day 85 (45 Days in flower)
Having never dried before I'm watching this sample with great interest. Here it is after 24 hours. Yesterday it was firm and resisted squeezing. Today it feels damp and soft. Ambient humidity is 50% so I think this is good. will it be ready by Saturday? Feels like it will be smokable - it will be smoked!
IMG-1572.JPG

The plant itself is continuing to turn yellow. The substrate is still damp. Presumably it is drinking very little but how will it flush if it's not drinking?
IMG-1575.JPG

Yesterday I looked through the loupe again and the trichomes continue to become cloudy. Very few clear or amber trichomes so this seems about right. I'll keep it going a few more days to see if the substrate dries up.
IMG-1577.JPG

Couldn't help myself...cut off a big handful of yellow leaves to get a better look at the buds and the structure. Here it is after the haircut
IMG-1578.JPG

That's it for Amnesia Haze today. Lamb's Breath is ready to be fed so I'll try to have another update later on.

gorilla glue #4 with bud Ignitor day 11 of flip. my first time.. soil ph 6.7 / 6.4 i screwed up my ph a few time Like adjusting ph before i add nuts Oops !!!
Hey, nice to see you here Sarah! Have been enjoying your grow journal. I envy the grow room you have there. I have a measly 27"x27" but it gets the job done...eventually. I hear that GG#4 is super potent. Luckily these plants are quite hardy and seem to forgive a few screw-ups.

That Amnesia Haze is looking like a tall version of my loryder-leaves all turning yellow,and generally starting to look like hell-which is exactly what you want at this stage!
Enjoy your 4/20 toke-I may pinch a little one off mine,and give her a try,too..that's a good idea...

CKS Lamb's Breath Auto {Not Topped} Day 59 (Week 3.2 of flower)
Flower time according to CKS is 7-9 weeks that's 49 to 63 days flower and 37 veg = 86 to 100 days.
IMG-1581(1).JPG
IMG-1585.JPG

Very interesting structure, one big cola with a few side branches. I did some gentle LST to open it up and spread the branches, removed the restraints a week ago. She seems very healthy to me, a nice shade of green and no nute burn to speak of.

It's been 10 days since she was drenched with 1.5 gallons containing bloom nutes at 25% and ph'd at 6.1. Today fed her bloom nutes at 50% but forgot to ph the water so it was probably 7.5ph. Promix HP is forgiving, they say, so it probably won't matter as I only gave her 2 litres. No calmag. I'll keep my eye on her.

I write PH! on my watering jugs so I don't forget-it's easy to forget that last step...

Back
Top Bottom