Hutch's First Grow: Amnesia Haze Auto In ProMix HP

HutchBenedict

Amnesia Haze Auto (Vancouver Seed Bank)
ProMix HP
Closet grow, no tent
600W Generic LED
General Hydroponics Flora Series (because I didn't know any better)
Sensi Cal Mag
3 Gallon SmartPots

Hello everyone, welcome to my first grow journal from Vancouver, Canada.

Today is day 49 since emerging from the soil and day 9 of flower.

I have learnt so much since I discovered 420 Magazine but I will begin at the beginning.

Seed was spouted using glass/paper towel and then planted in a 2" peat cup with ProMix. Soaking wet for a few days but it grew. I felt it was stretching too much so I replanted in a 4" peat cup and buried the stem an inch or two. Unfortunately I potted the 2" pot directly into the 4" pot without removing the 2" pot. When the plant had a few leaves I repotted into the 3 gallon SmartPot this time removing the pot itself. There were very few roots coming through the original 2" peat pot but I didn't want to disturb it further so I left it as it was. The roots must have broken through though since she grew and is now 17" high.

Along the way I over-watered and probably overfed.

Here are some pics:

The last picture was from two days ago, buds appear to be forming nicely.

will a carbon filter work in an unsealed closet?
I saw your other thread asking about a tent....if you are venting into the closet, why not just save the $ on a tent and vent either out a window or in the attic (or basement?). Many people adapt a closet instead of using a tent...there are actually many advantages of a closet. Does it have a solid door? Power?

@Blew Hiller, I have no other way to vent but back into the closet. I do have power and the door is actually accordion-style, very leaky. Would a carbon filter even work in those conditions? I live in an apartment building and I'm very worried that the neighbours will complain about the smell. What would be the best solution?

@Blew Hiller, I have no other way to vent but back into the closet. I do have power and the door is actually accordion-style, very leaky. Would a carbon filter even work in those conditions? I live in an apartment building and I'm very worried that the neighbours will complain about the smell. What would be the best solution?
Ok, well then your options seem to point to a tent...and i can't really comment on the carbon efficiency because I don't use one...my house smells wonderfully like flowering cannabis :) So I'll defer to someone that uses a carbon filter...

@Preston9mm @Chris Scorpio @Pennywise any ideas for @HutchBenedict ?

:thanks:

Ok, well then your options seem to point to a tent...and i can't really comment on the carbon efficiency because I don't use one...my house smells wonderfully like flowering cannabis :) So I'll defer to someone that uses a carbon filter...

@Preston9mm @Chris Scorpio @Pennywise any ideas for @HutchBenedict ?

:thanks:
I couldn't live without one!

Most days, unless I have a really skunky girl, I can't even smell my plants when I'm standing right next to them. I'd recommend it to anyone who needs to stay stealth.

Shoot high on the fan size! I think the average for a 4X4 is 100-ish CFM. Since your room isn't totally sealed, I would shoot for closer to 200 CFM (most 6" filter kits)

Hope this helps...
:snowboating:

Day 50 (Day 10 of flower)

Ms. Amnesia seems to be chugging along, about 17.5". I can't tell if the buds are fattening or not but the smell is starting to be noticeable. Gave her about 1 litre of plain water. Forgot to ph so it will be be 7.0 - 7.5 depending on whether it was distilled or city water. I have forgotten to ph in the past and it doesn't seem to matter though maybe that's why she is small for 50 days. Does ph really matter with Pro-Mix HP?
IMG-1247.JPG
IMG-1251.JPG

Here's the latest pics, does she look like a 50 day sativa or should she be bigger by now?

Here read this

Short answer is you are good.

Here read this

Short answer is you are good.

Wow! Thanks for the link.

I'm interested to see how your plants grow with the hp. I don't like bx, its too dense.
Hi BudGinger. The HP was recommended to me by a local grower. I'm a total noob so I don't have anything to compare it to but it seems pretty nice. It's loose and fluffy and holds water well. Has no nutrient value at all so the plants are dependent upon what you feed them.

Hi BudGinger. The HP was recommended to me by a local grower. I'm a total noob so I don't have anything to compare it to but it seems pretty nice. It's loose and fluffy and holds water well. Has no nutrient value at all so the plants are dependent upon what you feed them.

Hp is nice because it doesn't compress on your roots too much. But because of that it drys quicker. BX is a little more dense, and usually retains moisture a bit more but it constricts the roots when they try to branch out. Not really a big deal but something to factor in (especially if you're cheap like me and want to save money on perlite lol)

Back
Top Bottom