Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

Great gardening, Reggie! Things still look great even though there are less of them.

Bovedas don't really work well for rehydration. It can take weeks for rh to climb back up.

Stalks. Fresh stalks from the POG you’re trimming. Into the bag with the rest of it. Be careful it will rehydrate fast.
You might’ve missed the cure window, but I’ll bet you hands down it’s still 420% better than anything you can buy around here.

You can judge ripeness by amber trichomes and the amount of cat hair.

:laugh:
Is it colour or condition of cat hair that indicates ripeness?

I'm going to give the NL a few more days to finish, especially if it means I can take a break from trimming.

The plant looks great, Reg. No wonder you want a break after days and days with those trimmers. There are lighter ones around that don’t push back at your hands so hard. You can also put a lighter spring in those ones if you really like them.
Then you might enjoy trimming more!

Day 71

The Cherry Pie hung for a few days before getting destemmed and bagged on Monday.
Unfortunately she dried faster than I expected so now I'm fighting to bring the rH back up.
I know it's not ideal but I threw a few bovedas in the grovebag hoping for the best. But let's be honest, I probably ruined the cure. Bovedas don't really work well for rehydration. It can take weeks for rh to climb back up. Anyway, the total weight was just over 4.5oz dry, where almost an ounce of that was larf that should've made it's way into the trim pile.

20220322_000630.jpg

I started trimming the Zkittlez on Sunday and by now she's mostly all hung up to dry. What's left isn't really worth the time or effort trimming. I also started trimming the Platinum OG yesterday,... she's ready. You can judge ripeness by amber trichomes and the amount of cat hair. I'm hoping to finish chopping the rest of her tonight.

I'm going to give the NL a few more days to finish, especially if it means I can take a break from trimming. Her leaves are looking awful but by now it doesn't matter much. The tent looks a little empty at the moment.

20220322_141208.jpg

Platinum OG

20220322_141437.jpg

20220322_141216.jpg

20220322_142300.jpg

Northern Lights

20220322_141458.jpg

20220322_141506.jpg

20220322_141250.jpg
Those are some Yummy looking Nuggs their my friend! Many jars of Goodness :goodjob:

Thanks for the rehydration tip, @DonkeyDick.
I wrapped an elastic around a bunch of stems and threw them into the grove bag.
Fingers Hooves crossed.

I finished trimming the Platinum OG tonight. I even had a little help to speed things along.
The yield wasn't much but that meant trimming was more enjoyable. She has such a gassy, skunky smell to her that I can't quite compare to anything but it's wonderful. I'm thinking the ammoniacal / lemonade smell she had last time had something to do with the rh being way out of range (she molded on me) or getting harvested early but we'll see how the terpenes develop during the cure. I'm looking forward to trying her out and I have a little ball of scissor hash to fire up.

A branch broke on the NL the other day when she lost her support buddy, Zkittlez. So if that cola starts dying off or drying out I'll be chopping early. Otherwise like I said before, I'll let her finish up and relax for a few days. She looks like she'll be an easy trim though. The worst of the bunch was the zkittlez, she's a leafy bugger. You should see the trim pile that came off of her.
Anyway, three down, one to go.

:ciao:

Hey Regrowth

Omg the dreaded dry!

I’ve overdried a portion of my Tangerine Dream due to it being so underwhelming and airy bud. I’m watching the last only semi decent bud I have fridge drying from her like a hawk.

Carcass told me you can pop a leaf in. Like a weed leaf. Not sure if anything really helps to replump. Overdried bud is better than no bud at all :)

You really nailed this grow btw. I’m so happy for you :)

The SP3000 is a great light too. I'd be happy to do the journal with either configuration.
I like your strain suggestions, Krissi. We think alike.
:green_heart::green_heart::passitleft:

So many people have spoken highly of / recommended chemdog.
I need find out what all the fuss is about. I've got a bit of thinking to do yet but you guys are making this a little easier.
My NYC Diesel has some chemdog in her lineage and a new grow I'm going to do does also, come May! Never smoked it prior I don't think, at least!

Thanks, @Nev. Between the two plants, I pretty much hit the 1g/w mark. It'll be cool to see what the final yield ends up being. Either way, I'm happy... got more than I need and another grow on the way. You know, I decided to go with bags this time around because I didn't want to have someone burping my jars while I'm on vacation. But now it looks like that might not be for another month. I could've probably burped them down to the right range by then lol. Anyway I get to try something new... @Krissi1982, I have some clones I may need to flower before the Chem grow but if all goes to plan then I'll do two cycles this summer. I'm still looking into that freakshow cross too.

Thanks, @Nev. Between the two plants, I pretty much hit the 1g/w mark. It'll be cool to see what the final yield ends up being. Either way, I'm happy... got more than I need and another grow on the way. You know, I decided to go with bags this time around because I didn't want to have someone burping my jars while I'm on vacation. But now it looks like that might not be for another month. I could've probably burped them down to the right range by then lol. Anyway I get to try something new... @Krissi1982, I have some clones I may need to flower before the Chem grow but if all goes to plan then I'll do two cycles this summer. I'm still looking into that freakshow cross too.
The MOAB!!! Hurray! This is an exciting time. Picking out what's next is always hard cause there's so many options! I'm going with some new photos next round so maybe ours won't be too far off in age again!!

And as for the turkey bags, please lmk how you like them!

The MOAB!!! Hurray! This is an exciting time. Picking out what's next is always hard cause there's so many options! I'm going with some new photos next round so maybe ours won't be too far off in age again!!

And as for the turkey bags, please lmk how you like them!
The MOAB would be in the 2nd run with the Chem, I think. If so, it would be the same four ladies first but SCROG.
Regrowth. I know, very cliche. Anyway, I'm tying out these grove bags that are all the rage lately.
I'll let you know how it goes. I know a few people locally who love them and a few members on here do as well. They're a few bucks a bag but they're reusable so it seems alright and it certainly scales better than jars.
I grabbed a couple of the QP sized ones for now.

The MOAB would be in the 2nd run with the Chem, I think. If so, it would be the same four ladies first but SCROG.
Regrowth. I know, very cliche. Anyway, I'm tying out these grove bags that are all the rage lately.
I'll let you know how it goes. I know a few people locally who love them and a few members on here do as well. They're a few bucks a bag but they're reusable so it seems alright and it certainly scales better than jars.
I grabbed a couple of the QP sized ones for now.
Those are lovely 4 ladies!!

I know Shed really likes them a lot! My concern is my RH in the house fluctuates and Shed said they are thinner-obviously...but damn it has to be better than burping all these jars, right?!

Scroggins is not for Krissi I don't see it. I just don't want then confined. It looks beautiful when I see it but I don't know I like to dance with them lol

The Platinum OG was bagged tonight.
She may lose a bit of weight still but
Current weight ~= 4.5 total where ~0.75 is larf.

20220327_235838.jpg

:passitleft:
Nice Regrowth! That's a beautiful and properly trimmed mound of nugs :high-five: :green_heart:

Day 77

Northern Lights

20220329_131442.jpg

20220329_131450.jpg

20220329_132146.jpg

20220329_132133.jpg

20220329_131417.jpg

20220329_132008.jpg

She's putting out fresh pistils again.
It's probably from the extra light by not being confined to the corner.
I think she's pretty much ready to come down. Chop sometime in the next couple of days?

Day 77

Northern Lights

20220329_131442.jpg

20220329_131450.jpg

20220329_132146.jpg

20220329_132133.jpg

20220329_131417.jpg

20220329_132008.jpg

She's putting out fresh pistils again.
It's probably from the extra light by not being confined to the corner.
I think she's pretty much ready to come down. Chop sometime in the next couple of days?
Good morning @Regrowth hope you are well.
The ladies look lovely today.
Won't be long now ,timber.:bravo:

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom