Hutch's First Grow: Amnesia Haze Auto In ProMix HP

Hi folks, beautiful day here in paradise, mostly sunny with a few wispy clouds.

Received the 60x-120x microscope from Amazon. It is exactly what I expected but I'm still a bit disappointed. I can't see the trichomes well enough to determine if they are milky. I just don't have enough experience. Practised on a couple of dispensary samples but their trichomes looked mostly crystal clear. I ended up taping a jeweler's loupe to my ipad and managed to get a few pictures.

Hope someone can take a look at these
IMG-1524.JPGIMG-1525.JPGIMG-1526.JPGIMG-1527.JPGIMG-1529.JPGIMG-1530.JPGIMG-1533.JPGIMG-1534.JPG

Attachments

• IMG-1541.JPG
    IMG-1541.JPG
    916.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-1543.JPG
    IMG-1543.JPG
    971.8 KB · Views: 84
Thanks guys. Yeah they look pretty clear to me too but I'm having difficulty seeing cloudy in other peoples pictures so I was hoping... Ok, so she is 81 days old not fully ripened but obviously approaching her natural end. At this stage should I start feeding her water only or keep giving her bloom nutes?

Hi folks, beautiful day here in paradise, mostly sunny with a few wispy clouds.

Received the 60x-120x microscope from Amazon. It is exactly what I expected but I'm still a bit disappointed. I can't see the trichomes well enough to determine if they are milky. I just don't have enough experience. Practised on a couple of dispensary samples but their trichomes looked mostly crystal clear. I ended up taping a jeweler's loupe to my ipad and managed to get a few pictures.

Hope someone can take a look at these
IMG-1524.JPGIMG-1525.JPGIMG-1526.JPGIMG-1527.JPGIMG-1529.JPGIMG-1530.JPGIMG-1533.JPGIMG-1534.JPG

Look into getting a clip on macro lens for your smartphone or tablet. That's basically what you've rigged up.

Amnesia Haze Auto Day 81 (Day 41 of flower)
All the experts here :theband: agree that the trichomes are still clear so I think I'm ok now. I should be able to see the change as they gradually become milky. If in doubt I'll get some pics again but I think we're good for a couple of weeks.

Today we fed 1.5 gallons of plain water. That's it.

The other plants are all looking great as they benefit from all I've learned here. It seems pretty simple now. Don't over-water, don't over-feed. Don't create excesses, respond to deficiencies.

Bigfoot guarding his Canadian Ruderalis patch.

Amnesia Haze Auto Day 82 (Day 42 of flower)
Big news! Lots of milky trichomes!

Turns out practice with the jeweler's loupe paid off, today I could see easily through the tiny 60x lens. Everything was bright and crystal clear. Much better depth of field than the Carson Micro Brite Plus, just takes a little getting used to. In any case the view revealed what looked like about 50% milky and no sign of amber so I am now in harvest mode still hoping for April 20th!

IMG-1552.JPG

When the time comes I will:
1) Turn the lights off the night before so that they don't come on early in the morning. This way there will be the least chlorophyll in the buds.
2) Trim and hang the buds to dry in a strung and sealed box for three days.
3) Finish the trim and place in Mason jars for at least two weeks burping twice per day.
4) Hook up the respirator and pump fresh smoke directly into the breathing apparatus.

Am I missing anything here?

White Widow Auto Day 37 (Day 1 of Flower)
I haven't updated my journal on Crop King Seeds White Widow Auto since Day 25 in post #118. She has been growing beautifully on the GH Flora trio drinking @ 50% of the recommended dosage on the bottles.

Today we fed her transition nutes, 3 litres tap water ph'd to 6.1 for good luck even though this is Promix HP. We fed 2ml CalMag last feeding but I'm wondering if it's even necessary since promix has an added lime buffer. (Anybody know if we need more calcium using promix?) Anyway, I'm going to wait for deficiencies to show up before adding calmag.

Big news...
IMG-1557.JPG
IMG-1558.JPG

Calling this Day 1 of flower!

IMG-1560.JPG
IMG-1562.JPG

I'm in love with my plants! Is that normal? :oops:

Back
Top Bottom