PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

You don't mix it all at once. Dole it out in small amounts per the dilution I posted. 7.5ml of acid into 92.5ml water.

Want more than 100ml when you're done? Do 15ml acid into 185ml water.

I'd use distilled if you have it.
i don't have distilled water and i don't have anything to measure. This is how i found out i've got 100ml of acid
2020-12-09 13.54.52.jpg
2020-12-09 13.55.14.jpg
on the first picture the left hand jar is the acid and on the right is water.
On the right hand picture is water inside a plastic measuring cup to find out how much acid is in the glass jar.

Cool! If you don't mind me asking PK where did you find the battery acid?
inside the battery :laughtwo: :rofl::rofl:

if you have a old battery there is a sticker on the top. Take the sticker out and you see 8 to 10 round plastic caps.
Grab a screwdriver and pick at it so it comes off. once the cap is off i grabbed a glass jar and emptied the acid into the jar carefully.

BTW if you really wanted a big bottle of the dilution using all 100ml, it would be added to 1,233.33333333 ml of water.

Here's the math:
7.5/92.5 = 100/x
7.5x=9250
9250/7.5=1233.33333333
the reason i need to dilute everything is becasue i don't have any glass surange to measure 7.5 ml
SO, to make sure i am in the zone i think doing all 100ml would be best option.

Unless, you have a brilliant idea :idea:

You need to go to the store and get a glass measuring cup with ml line markings! The smaller increments the better. :)
ok, so i took 7.5 of water and put it into a syringe and then emptied it into one of my glass aquarium test glass.
2020-12-09 14.25.44.jpg

2020-12-09 14.36.02.jpg
Alright, so i put 7.5ml of battery acid which is to the 2nd line of H on the glass tube and i put that into 100 ml of water. I know it should be 92.5 but i had no way of measuring that.

The mix is definitely lower then 7.5%, so i am wondering can i stick my ph meter in the solution i just made and find out what the ph is?

Or how do i know how much of that i have to put into the rez that holds 4gallon of water?

The mix is definitely lower then 7.5%, so i am wondering can i stick my ph meter in the solution i just made and find out what the ph is?

Or how do i know how much of that i have to put into the rez that holds 4gallon of water?
The mix is lower than 7.5% but not by much. It's now 6.9767%

I wouldn't put the pH pen into the solution because it's still strong acid, but if you have a glass dropper you could start by adding drops to a glass of water that you know the pH of, stir it up, and remeasure. That will at least give you a sense that it works.

[edit: Great minds think alike smokey! Also, here is my dilution calculator link:

because I don't do this shit in my head!]

4 gallon of water ph at 7
i added 1ml of the solution this brought the ph to 7
I added 3ml + the 1ml that was added already is total of 4ml and that brought the ph to 6.8
added +3 ml solution = 6.4 ph
added +6 ml solution = 5.6 ph

in total 16ml of solution brought the ph to 5.6
I think 10ml of solution would bring the ph to around 5.8/5.9

I'm going to let this sit for overnight and check ph tomorrow. what do you think?

Sounds good reports back with your results tomorrow.
i'll definitely let you guys know. So far it was a cake. Now that i see it works i think it would be good to get some glass measuring stuff so it can be precise

2020-12-09 15.17.14.jpg
My aquarium glass tube became my home made DIY measuring glass. I grabbed 1ml of water in the surinje and emptied in the glass. I know the top of the line is where the 1ml is. Now the lines might not look perfect and out of wack, but from there i just kept adding 1ml to the glass tube and added a line.

Back
Top Bottom