Ase's Auto Quadlining Grow

Day 25

The girls are really getting going now and some will be pretty close to going into stretch mode in the next week. Very happy with where they are at and if they are indeed starting to stretch then I won't do too much more adjusting. I will train them a little into full stretch but I want the structure set so they can just get vertical during most of the stretch phase.

Before anything done to them.
Sideshot-ish of before .
More training.

Day 28

I'll be honest here and apologize for how crappy this journal has been. I really meant to show off these autos and how to quadline and basically all I am able to do is take a picture and put it up like twice a week. Last week I helped cover a guy who was very sick at work and do my job and pulled nearly 70 hours. This week the same guys mom is going downhill fast and he is from another country and has to go see her on emergency for likely his final time. So doing both jobs with no help! In the midst of everything the truck he uses to deliver everything dies and I am about an hour away from town. Just a total disaster and I'll be working at least 80 hours this week but now looking like 90. Basically I'm as slammed as slammed can get and this journal is being neglected just because I am getting hardly any free time. Today I just wanted to keep the pictures going but can't really do much more than that. Next week I'm on vacation camping so there won't be hardly any updates and by then the girls should be in full flower so I really missed the boat on this journal. Coming from a former Journal of the Month winner I'm disappointed but life happens and life is winning right now.

Anyways the Lemon is growing like crazy and the other 3 are about the same. The tent smells very lemony and it shooting hairs out now so this one has moved very quick. The other three I think are about to go into stretch and this one is in the thick of it.

Sorry to hear you’re having to work so much. Just remember to take care of yourself along the way! We’ll be here when you’re ready.
I'm surprising myself honestly and I wouldn't normally do this for just anyone, this guy is a long time friend and co-worker. It's really physical work too so it's pretty taxing on me. I will say this though. I am still smoking a good amount (both Sativas and Indicas) and I have felt almost zero anxiety over all this. I seem to really be in control and almost like calm in the eye of the storm and I'm pretty happy with how I've handled it all. Considering not too long ago I had those major bouts with anxiety and panic attacks, I feel pretty good at the moment. Pretty proud of myself.

Glad to hear it! Sounds like you’re being zen with it all. Maybe it’s pre proposal/ post proposal - she said yes! Lol, and you’re not worrying about the land lady. Don’t underestimate the stressors you were having to deal with. Anyhow, I’m just glad you’re doing well.

Just post when you can Ase. Work comes first and you got to do to help out when you can. I just wish I could hire you here as it's a trait long forgotten. Just make sure you take care of yourself.
That's how I grew up. Work hard and when you aren't play harder. My dad owns his own construction business and he works hard as he is a one man show. I remember growing up and sometimes he'd be out at 6am and home at 10pm. You gotta do what you gotta do. The second thing I live by is take care of the people that matter to you so it was a no brainer to pull this for my friend.

Glad to hear it! Sounds like you’re being zen with it all. Maybe it’s pre proposal/ post proposal - she said yes! Lol, and you’re not worrying about the land lady. Don’t underestimate the stressors you were having to deal with. Anyhow, I’m just glad you’re doing well.

I think I've definitely learned to keep my body in better shape with eating a little better and drinking a ton more water now a days. Plus all of what you are saying as well but I've learned from that whole situation and it's showing. My outdoor garden gives me a ton of zen as well and it's doing so well. I sit out there for at least 30 minutes every day and just stare at my fruits and veggie garden.

Day 34

Obviously the Lemon is way ahead of the others and is headed into full flower mode. The other 3 all look about the same and I think are just going into stretch/early flower. Did some defoliation finally today and will be gone on vacation for the rest of the week so I'll post some updated pics when I get back!

Before Defoliation
Front two after defoliation.
Lemon
Back right girl

Day 38

Back from a much needed vacation into the wilderness and my plants have really bushed up and are moving very fast. I defoliated 4 days ago and they are already filled in again.

The UK Cheese (I think I misspoke in prior posts that it was the Lemon but it was really UK Cheese) is in full flower mode and I don't see a lot of fresh green anymore so probably done stretching. It is so much larger than the rest of the group. I hope it is done growing because my light can't go up too much higher. Also, this has happened before to me when growing autos, but all the fan leaves on this plant are 3 finger ones.

The Lemon is turning the corner into flower mode. I will probably get just a little bit more growth from her but likely not much.

The Skunk is going to grow more but will start showing budlets soon.

The Northern Lights is the furthest behind but some fresh green with her so expecting some decent growth still.

While on vacation I noticed a pretty cool root structure of some trees growing that I thought I'd share. I figured there are a lot of people that grow that would really dig how these are growing.

Garden is looking happy and healthy and the roots on those trees are pretty sweet! They are like best friends holding roots forever!

Yeah they are pretty interesting right? I dunno, maybe I am just a growing nerd.

Since I have day to myself a bit I am going to list a few things that I normally do but haven't for this grow.

1. I have been watering every other day at the moment. Hoping to start having enough time (finally!) this week to start watering every day again.

2. I have given the autos a very generic blend of nutrients. I was going to open up a pack of different nutrients for this one but have been giving these guys just an estimate of Cal-Mag, Micro and Flower nutrients from General Hydroponics. These have had very little else put into them. I will use flower boost nutrients but so far it's been extremely basic.

3. My first defoliation was 5 days ago. I try to keep more of the leaves on with autos as a safety net in case they go into flower and I've just stripped the whole plant of leaves like I do sometimes with photos. Usually I am pulling the leaves throughout all of veg. Also I will clip off any branches now that I don't think will make it on the ones that are transitioning into full flower but I will probably do very little leaf pulling until the end.

4. I am using 5 gallon pots instead of 3. The plant size doesn't seem to be any different then I normally get. I am thankful I did this as 5 gallons retain more water so I can water every other day. I still think 3 gallon and watering daily is ideal. Right now I am growing them more like soil then hydro. The advantage of using coco but I'll likely get yields that are more in the soil range then in the hydro range.

5. This has been as basic of a grow as you can do. I didn't intend for that but it's how it happened due to how busy of a June I've had. The plants still look healthy and are a nice size. I do try and be a little more basic with autos as they are a bit more temperamental but hopefully someone who normally reads my journals and thinks, "wow, this is way to much work" can see that it's possible to have a healthy garden by visiting the tent like 3 times a week to dump feed/water into them and pretty much run away.

I'm in!

I plan to try my hand at Quadlining soon. Maybe grab some Auto seeds as well.

Thank you for the knowledge and experience you share on this awesome grow style. Kudos!

I'm in!

I plan to try my hand at Quadlining soon. Maybe grab some Auto seeds as well.

Thank you for the knowledge and experience you share on this awesome grow style. Kudos!

Thanks Vex! Will be looking forwards to seeing you do some quadlines!

Thanks for the education @Asesino85.

I am trying quadlining for the first time, ... and although I may have overdone it, I have learned a lot about LST, HST, and basically learned how the plant grows.

I definitely appreciate being able to compare plants between the two grows, and I will likely adjust my strategy in the future.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are afraid to do anything to plants in fear they will ruin them but really once you've gone through beating them up once or twice you realize how resilient they are. Most of the time the plants end up stronger and with better yields then leaving them be so the proof is in the pudding, plants love a little challenge too.

Jumping into autos after my current run. This should quite interesting. I was wondering if they could be quad lined.
My sentiments and plan too. 9 fast buds to do. bought the tsl's to do them too.

Hey Ase! Nice garden brother, those autos are in great health! :bravo: Qualine looking awesome as always. Sounds like you’ve been working some gnarly hours, glad you got some time off!
What light setup have you got these autos under?
Jumping in a bit late, but looks like I’m just in time for the flower show! :passitleft:

Glad everything is going good with the autos Ase! Those tree roots are pretty cool. It looks like 2 trees are growing out of a older stump or something like that. Hope all is well in your world!

Back
Top Bottom