Challenging Auto Grow - Who's Down to Help a Brother Out?

Does your plant receive more light from the window or your lights?

since the beginning from the light of course dude, the lights just always been a few inches away from the plant, the curtains when open also allow the light from outside to get in, and the sun here is huge, when the curtains closed (its a reflective curtain photography use) its only light. plus its been on 24/0 since beginning....so yeah.

Im only doing it now because i dont want it to grow more in height. it hasnt started flowering...i doubt this is an auto at all, although it was vegging great in 24/0 etc.

thats my major question that ive been trying to ask cuz im less experienced, would u guys think this is a dud auto or not an auto at all??

For vegetative growth I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants given at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most. I do not believe you have an autoflower cannabis plant.

thats whats confusing me.... because these plants have received barely any darkness. also the wild seed i have (most likely male) and the female have been on the same light schedule and grown completely different.

the wild plant grows as if it has not received the time for darkness, whereas the other grew quickly strong and healthy under 24/0 (because of course i thought it was an auto).

they are getting a good 10 hours of light now. been a couple of days.
updated pics. im pretty sure this isnt auto. wtf.
IMAG2237.jpg
IMAG22341.jpg

I need some serious help now.

Its week 10. I've had it in darkness for 3 days straight to try and induce flowering. Veg growth has slowed down, then I noticed a bit of wilting, towards the bottom of the plant, the soil was dry so I figured its a lack of water as it was about time to feed again.

I did so, like usual and as I have been doing, but the wilting is still there and the bottom set of leaves are pretty much dead and the ones above are yellowing.
I'm guessing this is over watering but I've been watering the same throughout, maybe it needs more water ??? Don't wanna take that risk.

As its clearly now not a auto plant, is 10 weeks in it should be flowering soon right?

My mate jus got back from Amsterdam got me some auto northern lights seeds. Should I start growing them simultaneously and once they flower switch to hps....only issue is distance of the light as the current plant is so tall that light would be quite far from the new plant. Or should I just be patient.

Anyway I'm really concerned about the current yellowing issue.

Thanks for any helps.

My experience is that Autos that are stressed will be delayed in flowering. Not having a dark cycle could be stressing them. Switch to a 16/8 light schedule and see.
In my three years experience, the opposite is true. If you stress them, they flower way to early and only get 8 inches sometimes.

He doesn't have an auto.

Also, autos grow best under 16 or 18 hours of light, not 24.

Well I have an auto that just started flowering(barely) its 8 weeks now.

Why would you put it into full darkness for 3 days? Does that happen in nature? Did anyone tell you that that would work?

16 hours on, 8 off for autos. 12h on, 12h off for reg. People have been doing this a long time and you should listen to people advice if you are asking for it.

Well I have an auto that just started flowering(barely) its 8 weeks now.

Why would you put it into full darkness for 3 days? Does that happen in nature? Did anyone tell you that that would work?

16 hours on, 8 off for autos. 12h on, 12h off for reg. People have been doing this a long time and you should listen to people advice if you are asking for it.

nope. considering i thought it was auto (my bad - it was on a 24/0 regime)then i sort of clocked on it couldnt be an auto cuz it hasnt started flowering, i read up on some other forums that people put them in dark periods. so i thought why not, nothing to lose right, it could instigate flowering.

anyway since then, ive had it on HPS 250W, its getting the 12 hours of light minimum a day, for about over a week now, come the 13th its going to be 3 months in to this. so im really concerned. still no signs of flowering.

i gotta say its probably not 100% black out dark. there could be a little bit of light that might penetrate through in the mornings or whatever, but like you said dude, in nature they wouldnt get 100% darkness either right?

it is though very dark, i dont have anywhere i can put it like a cupboard or something for pitch black. if anyone has suggestions please let me know. right now its a huge light protective curtain around the plant, but the top of which may be open for about 5cm. apart from that not a ray of light gets through.

If the cannabis plant is mature you should see signs of sex in 21-28 days of flower under 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.

flowering started 6 days ago. its going well. plants healthy, only problem is now cuz its so tall only the top parts are getting the good light.

someone told me to cut off the big leave...but that sounds kind of fucked up.

any suggestions?

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 7-10 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

There is a good example of how I defoliate in this Grow Journal and Review

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

im gonna take some time to look over your threads. thanks for the links.

in the meantime can u help me with some quick advice that i can act on immediately? shall i snip the fan leaves that are causing shade? it will result in the plant being quite long and thin.

and string out the others so that they can flower better?

also, as for nutes, shall i still apply my veg nutes? i know thats a dumb question but i had everything prepared for the auto grow so now im not really sure which direction to take.

im thinking get rid of the big shading fan leaves, string out anything that i can so it gets appropriate light. and that i should still use veg nutes but at a lower strenght?

I would not heavily defoliate an auto flower cannabis plant as they have limited time for recovery before they enter flower. You may decide to remove some of the fan leaves that are shading bud sites.

If your auto flower cannabis plant is not yet flowering then continue to feed your plant vegetative nutrients.

I would not heavily defoliate an auto flower cannabis plant as they have limited time for recovery before they enter flower. You may decide to remove some of the fan leaves that are shading bud sites.

If your auto flower cannabis plant is not yet flowering then continue to feed your plant vegetative nutrients.

bro its not an auto. my thread kind of fucked up in that sense.... i thought we established that :p

anyway. i removed most fan leaves. its already a week into flowering. it slowed down a little but its picked back up.

im now looking for nutrients, and the best i have come across that i can get tats not extortionately priced (fox farm etc is all like 100+ pounds in china)....ive found PLANTEX. does anyone have experience with this? its 15 15 30. is that all i need?

and i should still keep applying veg nutes right?

You want to feed your plant flowering nutrients now that your plant is in flower. If you can try to find a 15-30-30 N-P-K formula for flowering if you can with micro nutrients. If you can not find another flowering nutrient the 15-15-30 formula will work with added micro nutrients. If you are using a LED light panel you will also need to supplement additional calcium and magnesium.

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 7-10 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

There is a good example of how I defoliate in this Grow Journal and Review

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

i've got a potassium phosphate fertilizer, KH2 PO3, little white crystals.
its the only thing i could get my hands on immediately (theres now restrictions on buying fertilizers online).

i figured seeing as its rich in both K and P it should do the trick. dudes at the store said it was pretty strong and there arent many places that stock it so hopefully should work.

been just uinder 2 weeks of flowering now, gave the first feed at 1/4 the dosage and the plant seems to be handling it well.

i guess theres about a month or so to go now left for the flowering process.

man @kingjohn.
your grows are supremely epically the dads nuts of this shit.

clean, fully equipped etc. a lot of information on there to process and a lot of reading (i dont know where to begin to be honest).

reading it makes me feel like ive done everything wrong from lights to all, even though i know that isnt the case.

you use a lot of clones for your grows right?
how do you encourage branching etc? or does that come naturally from the clones? (i had a wild seed that was branching at the top so i snipped it and have now starting growing that). whereas my current plant (the one we discuss here, hasnt got many at all. ( will post some pics soon).

also, do you prefer LED's over MH and HPS? i read before that the MH +HPS are better thats the only reason i went with them, downsides are the heat and the electricity costs.

and for your snow snorm ultra, regarding my post above, the dudes said the current fert i got is something to spray the leaves and flowers with. do you think given my circumstances (hard to get hold of decent grow equipment) that i should do that aswell as feed the soil??

anyway a lot of props dude. doubt ill ever be able to make a set up like that over here.

Back
Top Bottom