Changing pots in early flower?

How big and what kind of pot are they in? How big are the pots? And how big of a pot can you fit for a replacement pot?
If you can, get the largest cloth pot you can fit there. That will be about the bets you can do. Depending on the type of pot you have, you might be able to pull the entire root system out without disturbing it.

Just starting flower and have roots coming out drain holes even looks like there coming up in the top of soil should i repot. Thx
So your roots are air pruning ?

There in 5 gallon buckets bout 4foot tall gonna go to ten gallons
I’ve been in three gal pots with 4 foot tall autos no biggie

I’ve been in three gal pots with 4 foot tall autos no biggie
Bigger yoots
If you have room for 20 gallon bags, that would be better unless they are auto's
I have 15teeners i just washed and put drain holes in the lowest points. Have to grab more drit. The dirt i started with was very good from a phiends back yard compost but i went and bought the Organic Promix have to go back get more did relize was gonna go this big.. I dont Dam know. On one hand i feel let them go other hand says Bigger Rootz Bigger Buds but i dont even know how much bigger the rootz will get.. Daze an ConfusedConfused Actually starting to piss myself offoff..

Makin me think twice
Yo you do you mate. Whatever YOU feel is beneficial bruva. I did hear that from one of the guys on here that they dont push roots once they hit flower. If I was you I would personally do what you were gonna do for the purposes of experimentation lol but thats just me.

Bigger yoots

I have 15teeners i just washed and put drain holes in the lowest points. Have to grab more drit. The dirt i started with was very good from a phiends back yard compost but i went and bought the Organic Promix have to go back get more did relize was gonna go this big.. I dont Dam know. On one hand i feel let them go other hand says Bigger Rootz Bigger Buds but i dont even know how much bigger the rootz will get.. Daze an ConfusedConfused Actually starting to piss myself offoff..
Always go Moto to remember more roots more fruits lol

Hi Bilbo420. Welcome. I've read through the string of posts and without more details such as what variety/strain you're growing, what lights, how long have they been growing, etc. I would not worry about roots growing out of the bottom pot holes. I like to bottom water my plants which reduces or eliminates gnats. But roots will often grow in the saucer because water is available there for the plant. I personally wouldn't worry about roots growing out of the bottom. My approach would be to use the largest pot considering the available space both for the pot and the height of the plant. If you were growing a plant on a long term like a mother that will produce clones for flowering then the mother's roots could be pruned occasionally to keep her healthy in her pot. In that case you would remove her from her pot and cut off about 1" of her roots and soil and then put her in the same pot with fresh soil. Your situation is different. You're going to harvest her, I presume when her trichomes have peaked so I would leave her alone and water her when she needs it. The roots growing out of the bottom shouldn't be a problem. When I bottom water my plants I pour out any water remaining in the saucer before nighttime. I don't put them to bed with water in the saucer to reduce any chance of rot. I fill the saucer if she can drink it all. If not then I half fill the saucer. A good indicator of the amount of moisture in the pot is to lift the pot before watering. You get a good sense of the moisture content by the weight. Flowering plants will drink more but they will reach a point where they slow down so checking the weight will indicate whether to water or not. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom