Charon187 First Serious Grow Dec 09

Charon: if your running Hydro then you want your p.h to between 5.5-6.1 but the optimal p.h level is at 5.8.. 6.0 may be a little to Alkaline. You want your p.h to rise a lil then bring it down. As the p.h rises it allows different nutrients to be available.

thanks butcher! im still at 6.1 ph and im under 250 ppm on nutes not gonna adjust nutes till i get my ph right!

i changed my watering to 1x a day as per my clone guy and the fact that i left out a cube for a day and when i picked it up it peed on me lololol

adjust down a happining now!!!!

It is amazing how one little thing that isn't dialed in right can really mess up a grow. Gives you a lot of respect for the folks on here pulling in the amazing yields they do! I was worried about you using the 4 inch rockwool as I know it holds a lot of water! I personally don't like the stuff. It is great for vegetables but not so good for other stuff. Glad to see ya hanging in there! I was going to update my grow today but I first forgot to put the memory card back in my camera. Then I forgot to take the camera the second time I went there! My pH is always rising as well. My pH is now down to 6.0 when I check it. I am happy with that. I pH it to 5 and then let it rise. Goes through the range of pH and I figure the plant will just take the nutrients it needs when the pH is ideal for that nutrient. Can't wait to see the new ones take off.

:peace:

hey roots!

yeah man its funny like that.
i also learned that just because i used 4 oz of gh ph down Per 40 gallons and the ph would drop by one full point is you use 4 oz of mad farmers get down your ph will drop by 4 full points! WOW!!!!!! just a little difference lol!

so heres the room after moving the girls around

rsz_11dsc01589.jpg

if everything works out tommorrow im yanking the two front trainwrecks and replacing them with two good sour diesel clones.

heres the two that im talking about

rsz_dsc01591.jpg

rsz_dsc01590.jpg

they were never in that good of shape anyway but still is a bummer

off to sleep have to take the woman to the hospital in the morning for her porta-cath thingy to be implanted.

cheers!!!

Dont worry youll get it...just keep an open mind.
I found when ever someone gave me advice and I was sure I knew better but usually I didnt lol.

lol right stealth no doubt.

so here are the two new girls

rsz_dsc01592.jpg

rsz_dsc01593.jpg

anyway here are a few of the most important things that i have learmed up to this point!

BUYER BEWARE- and i do mean beware of yourself. I made the decision to buy shit clones and i learned my lesson. you get what you pay for

WATER BEWARE- wow 4 " rockwool cubes retain a SHITLOAD of water.
if any other newbie besides me is reading this trust me on that, or better yet go buy a rockwool cube water it and time how long it takes to dry out. then figure its hiding under hydroton..... wow holds water like a sponge on crack.

PRIOR VEG XP DONT COUNT!- seriously i have grown allllll kinds of veggies in different kinds of hydro systems and done quite well.
then there was cannabis. damn.

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!!!- damn man you got to have fun. i go from pissed to giggling quick because i remember that yeah im doing this for my girls and all but hell, if i cant have fun why try? plus its fun to laugh at myself and all my mistakes.

CHEERS!!!!

All you can do is live and learn. and i have learned a shit load in the time that i have been growing and ive been growing for all of about 2 and 1/2 months

lol dah no doubt!

so todays ph is stable at 6.0 two days in a row so tonight im going to increase my nutes to 1/2 strenth up from 1/3 my ppm is right at 167 so they are feeding but im getting some serious leaf yellowing so away we go !

cheers!

thanks butcher. i also lost two a trainwreck and a bubba kush :(

they just never recovered from the overwatering i will post pics of the root rot that killed them. live and learn! anyway i replaced them with green crack.

im just kepping on keeping on looks like the major mistakes have been made (i hope) and i can get down to some quality growing (i hope)

CHEERS!

hey roots!!!

so check this shit out guys!!!!! today i go check on the girls and one of the brand new clones is half dead!

so im like what in the F!?!?!?!?!? so all pissed off i pull the bucket and start removing the clone and......

DRY AS THE SAHARA ON A HOT DAY. WTF!!!!!

I FOUND THE CULPRIT!!!!!

rsz_dsc01612.jpg

that little bastard manifold was faulty. the rubber disc in it that controlls the water flow was installed backwards so heres a pick of the inside after i removed the white screen and the disc but you will still get an idea

rsz_dsc01611.jpg

i could barely blow 120 psi air with my compressor thru it. now its all good and dandy!

so i learned that this......

rsz_dsc01599.jpg

wasnt over watering like i thought just a bad part that i had never thought to have checked in the first place! wow!!!!

that is all for now whooo!

cheers!

thanks tiger thanks butcher!!!

today i have noticed a improvement on the back 4 plants so that going right for now lol
also i forgot to mention i moved both ballast's out side the grow room but really it hasnt made much of a difference so far oh well!

see you guys in a day or so!

cheers!

what in the heck is going on here?!

rsz_dsc01615.jpg

thats a recon thats maybe 8 " tall the base is super thick as you can see then narrowing to half the size as it becomes the stalk. any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom