Confused - Coco - AK48 12/12 from seed - 4weeks In

IamConfused1

Hi all, This site has been really usefull for me when trying to diagnose my plants or compare them to other peoples :). So i wanted to make my own grow journal. First ill explain the grow;

Strain - AK48 (Nirvana) (5 plants)
Indoor/Outdoor - Indoor
Light - 600w Dual Spectrum HPS
Soil or Hydro? - Coco(80%)Perlite(20%)
Veg/FLower - 12/12 from 1 week old
Fertilizers - IONIC (coco grow+bloom)
Ventilation - Fan and ducting
Current age when journal began - 4weeks

I also have 4 other bigger plants from GHSC (Trainwreck,GreatWhiteShark,WhiteRhino,LemonSkunk) But i thought it would be simpler to focus on the AK48's also im really interested in getting into 12/12 from seed in future.

This is my first proper grow ive tried before but only with crappy bag seeds using 40watt house lamps and ending up with absolutely nothing lol. So i still have a load to learn about growing so any advice is more than welcome here.

P.s I will be uploading pics twice a week so every 3/4 days or so.

Re: Confused - Coco - AK48 12/12 from seed - 600w hps 2014

Week 4 of 12/12 (5th week overall)

The First 4 pics are the best of the 5 AK48's Theyve got allot lankier than i had hoped purely because i was too damn lazy to go and find something to raise them up to the light when they were younger. So not sure how much the bud will pad out. -
DSCF31152.jpg
DSCF31112.jpg
DSCF31101.jpg
DSCF30901.jpg
This pic is the top bud of one of AK's -
DSCF30801.jpg
And this is the same plant showing the nodes. -
DSCF31061.jpg

Could anyone tell me why the humidity in a growroom might change drasticly?

The last few days my humidity has gone from a steady 50/55% to 70/80%..

This could be a range of a few things, having your house open on a humid/non humid day can effect it big time (it does in my house), if it rained yesterday your humid% is going to sky rocket. If you are running your exhaust 24/7 this will lower it so not in your case. My rooms jumps from waterings, after watering I hit the high 45% and on my 3 day of letting my pots dry out I can see 30-35%. Also make sure you have no water sitting out, wet rags around the grow area as this if all going to raise humidity. Just some insight on what happens around my tent :)

Ah ok thanks allot for the advice :). I think it must be due to the weather here it has been very wet recently. Plus i dont actually have an exhaust fan, i have a rotating fan in the room and some ducting bringing cool air from elsewhere but no real exhaust except a small vent on the roof.

Something tells me i need to invest in proper exhaust.

Ah ok thanks allot for the advice :). I think it must be due to the weather here it has been very wet recently. Plus i dont actually have an exhaust fan, i have a rotating fan in the room and some ducting bringing cool air from elsewhere but no real exhaust except a small vent on the roof.

Something tells me i need to invest in proper exhaust.

It will definitely be beneficial, are you growing in a second room, closet area? All I am using in my tent is the exhaust fan to pull in all the heat and air that accumulates inside the tent, it is powerful enough to be pulling in fresh air from an open window 5 ft away so I have no intake or anything like that :) Some shots of your grow space would be sweet :high-five: Your girls look to be off to a great start Confused1 :Namaste:

Im growing in a homemade wooden box thing i built out of some wood sheeting and 2x2's, ill upload some pics in a couple hours. Its a bit shaggy but does the job lol.

I do actually have two 4" fans i bought online but they need wiring and i dont have a clue how to :( ill look into buying one soon.

p.s Thanks :) i have no idea how they will turn out being 12/12 from very young but should be interesting to see.

That's a grow ROOM no doubt :thumb: does not look too shaggy to me, looks a lot better than a tent for sure!
12/12 from seed is totally possible you will just have a lower yield of course with little veg time. you may be able to ride it out in the for the remainder of the time! If humidity starts getting in the 70% range again you may want to put a dehumidifier at the top of your list when some extra cash comes your way. The dehumidier could help to ensure a harvest problem free as the rainy weather seems to be creeping up :) Have you had any issues with the grow, that be bugs, deficiencies, molds, etc.?

Well humidity seems to have dropped to around 50/60% the last day or so, so yeah im hoping its mainly the weather. Whats the ideal humidity around 40/50%??

No issues as of yet well nothing major, when my plants were very young i had a little over feeding problem but that mainly affected my older 4 plants not the AK48's so much. And since that the only real issue was some strange yellowing and burning of some leaves which im pretty sure turned out to be root space as they needed transplanting, but they sorted themselves out after being re-potted.

Dunno if you noticed but that small yellowish plant somewhere in the middle is one of the AK's that took a brutal beating when i ran out of soil and didnt re-pot for about 6 days longer than the others. Its nearly dead now poor thing lol

Thanks again for the advice :)

Well humidity seems to have dropped to around 50/60% the last day or so, so yeah im hoping its mainly the weather. Whats the ideal humidity around 40/50%??

No issues as of yet well nothing major, when my plants were very young i had a little over feeding problem but that mainly affected my older 4 plants not the AK48's so much. And since that the only real issue was some strange yellowing and burning of some leaves which im pretty sure turned out to be root space as they needed transplanting, but they sorted themselves out after being re-potted.

Dunno if you noticed but that small yellowish plant somewhere in the middle is one of the AK's that took a brutal beating when i ran out of soil and didnt re-pot for about 6 days longer than the others. Its nearly dead now poor thing lol

Thanks again for the advice :)

Must be the weather :) They are still looking well off brotha, you are taking care of them well!
What is the strain to the back left when you enter your grow room? Looks like a blue dream :)
I am also tempted to try some 12/12 from seed and do a good 6 strains or so, maybe next grow sess :blunt:

Got a few more AK48 shots, its only been 3 days so no major change but the thc is starting to come through finally :)

DSCF31824.jpg
31-10-13_1_.jpg

A shot of the lower branches..
31-10-13_3_.jpg
31-10-13_2_.jpg
DSCF31865.jpg

Cant help but think the buds should be further along considering its been just over 2 weeks since they showed flower, what do you guys think..? maybe im just being impatient lol.

lovely! I run 12/12 from seed as well, and they usually take 11-14 weeks to finish completely. I get pistils during weeks 2-3 and from there they take 9-10 weeks to bloom.

seeing this grow really makes me want my hid back even more

when did you first see pistils? count 9-10 weeks from then and they'll be done because they look healthy. if they weren't healthy it would take longer.

how often do you feed them?

Back
Top Bottom