AK48~Strawberry Cough, Breeding Grow Journal

I like your plants as well on your views on growing. However, I do feel that if you want to have any hope of breeding you will need more than one plant of each strain. What if you get 2 males? If you get two females, then you could always just grow them to bud without breeding, but getting two males would suck. In addition, you do want more of a selection of plants to choose from. The different "phenotypes" that will be present in each plant may make one more desirable than the other so having a couple to choose from for breeding is optimal. I would not breed a weak plant just because it might be the only one I had.

Your plants look good and healthy though, keep up the good work. :allgood::peace:

Thank you all for the coments.

Heres the AK48 at day 17 i think, lost track.The bottom leaves are starting to get discolored.
reg_004.JPG

Side view
reg_005.JPG

And here is some Mid buds i got
reg_001.JPG

Close up
reg_002.JPG

Heres one showing some damaged trichomes
reg_003.JPG

they are both already showing their indica characteristics :allgood: the strawberry cough is looking like my favorite as of right now.. looking good man

Not bad for mids.

Hardly any seeds too keeping the ones im finding im thinking its california orange who knows it smell like citrus and not when someone stores in a jar with orange peels.Found three small dark seeds keeping for future growing.

Little update on the AK48, its a female
lst_004.JPG

Heres the yellowing on bottom leaves, i transplanted into organic composted mulch hope it gets better
lst_003.JPG

Heres a little LST
lst_002.JPG

transplanted into a bigger pot
lst_001.JPG

From what ive learned upon LST, as long as youre past the first few tiers of leaves, and not in flowering cycles, you are ok to LST. Be careful not to bend them too far or snap anything. Slowly you can bend a stalk to near any shape in vegging.

I'm not to familiar w/ LST'ing but isn't it a bit early to be tieing her down? Correct me if i'm wrong, please. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i dont think so. i tied her down so the new growth will get more light and wont strech as much

Little update on Strawberry Cough, i think its at day 20
new_plants_002.JPG

new_plants_003.JPG

Side view
new_plants_004.JPG

This is a seed i got from the mids i currently have, poped out today
new_plants_001.JPG

I have 2 questions. i went to walmart after work to pick up some cloning powder and i seen some fertilizer spikes(13-4-5) for houseplants it seems it has lot of nitrogen and i was wondering if it would work for the yellowing of the leaves?My second question is how can i lower the PH on my soil ?

i seen some fertilizer spikes(13-4-5) for houseplants it seems it has lot of nitrogen and i was wondering if it would work for the yellowing of the leaves?My second question is how can i lower the PH on my soil ?

IMO, cannabis needs near instant satisfaction (a liquid nutrient/fert). A slow release stick seems to be aimed more at the long term outdoor grower.... A kind of "set it and forget it" type of thing ya dig? I wouldnt advise of this for an indoor grow.

:allgood:

ill be sure to stay away from slow realease ferts. the ph is betwen 7.5 and 8.0. im gonna make a trip tomorow to my local hydro store to pick up some perlite and other suplies, is there a certain ph tester for soil? because the one i used was a little tube with a pill that contained powder that you mix with a lil bit of soil and water and turns into a certain color that you match with a chart.

ill be sure to stay away from slow realease ferts. the ph is betwen 7.5 and 8.0. im gonna make a trip tomorow to my local hydro store to pick up some perlite and other suplies, is there a certain ph tester for soil? because the one i used was a little tube with a pill that contained powder that you mix with a lil bit of soil and water and turns into a certain color that you match with a chart.

does perlite lower the ph in your soil?

Back
Top Bottom