Confused - Coco - AK48 12/12 from seed - 4weeks In

IMO, I would say yeah they can give ya headaches, with the small tiny ones in the hermie buds, I don't get headaches, just at time you may get some harsh smoke. I usually pick em out exactly like autopsycho, in a grinder its easy they fall to the bottom and I just put them to the side. If you get them big ol' developed seeds in a joint and hear a huge pop (usually accompanied by a spark) then you probably just rolled up a nice big seed and may have a headache coming your way. I still smoke the gsc daily and don't notice (maybe I am accustomed to it?).

But the hermie thing still confuses me, I was looking at it this way. Once I had a hermie plant I would try my best to not stress that girl out anymore that has happened, as more stress=more, bigger seeds. Even if this is not true, in my head taking care of that hermie could ensure the best crop from that said hermie plant.. If anyone can point me into an informative hermie thread, please DO!!

Right heres some more pics of a few of the AK48's. I couldnt get the macro working right so i couldnt really get the thc very well, and i think i might wait a few more days between pics cause i have a feeling their not changing a whole load. Anyway here they are..

21 days flowering - 6-11-13

DSCF32052.jpg

DSCF32062.jpg
DSCF32283.jpg
DSCF32253.jpg
DSCF32272.jpg
DSCF32262.jpg

They have a really strong sour smell to them now the thc is kicking in, kind of reminds me of sour diesel. Cant wait to smoke em :)

killer looking plant. I'm still wondering why they didn't branch out much?

ahh could be it for sure.. it doesn't matter, I've noticed they find ways to put the weight elsewhere :)

Hi guys, ive been away for a couple days and have come back to another problem :(. I have some quite major yellowing mainly in my 4 larger plants but now also starting on the lower leaves of my 5 AK48's. Some drooping aswell.

The yellowing is pretty much all the way up the plant (mainly on the major fan leaves, and at the bottom of the plants its spread to some smaller bud leaves) The tips of some leaves are burning a bit too. Allot of them i can just pluck off very easily so i guesse its not good lol. Their at risk of losing all the fan leaves and only having the sugar leaves left..

I thought a drooping problem i had was a lack of water so i started watering every other day instaid of every 3 and i increased the nutes but that seemed to increase the issue. After looking into it i have a strong feeling it is a Nitrogen issue, so if anyone has any insight or advice i would really appreciate it :).

Here is my bloom nutrient info:

IONIC for Coco Bloom-
1.5 : 1.4 : 3.1
Nitrogen - 1.5%
Phosphorus - 1.42%
Potassium - 3.07%
Calcium oxide - 1.12%
and some other trace elements..

It suggest using 7ml per 1litre of water.. it took me till just before flowering to realise that i was only giving them 3.5ml per litre and upped it to 7ml, and recently to about 11ml.. It does concern me that people seem to suggest ratios of 10 - 20 - 20 or 20 - 10 - 10, which is about ten times my nutes content.

Sorry to go on but im trying to get as much relevant info as i can lol, here are a few pics of inflicted leaves;
IMG_034718.jpg
IMG_035022.jpg
IMG_035223.jpg

Edit - Sorry about the crappy and somehow sideways pics lol

hard to tell if the nutrient burn is from the past or from the present. either way I think they have a real deficiency.

I would water/feed when the pot feels light, and I would follow a feed, feed, water schedule.

I use biobizz's bloom and my plants get fed every time I water them since it's not burning them. :Namaste:

More frequent light feedings are better than less frequent heavy feedings.

Thanks for the advice mate, I feed them every time i water them mainly because i keep thinking they have a deficiency but ill start using your feed feed water suggestion.

The whole telling when the pot is light thing i struggle with a bit, i can tell for example right now they are allot lighter than when i have watered them, loads actually (i watered them roughly 48hours ago) but about an inch down into the soil it is still slightly moist and a bit cold due to the moisture.. should it be fully dry when i dig down before i water?

Edit - I have heard online that you can give your plants a feeding of growth nutrients to help stop nitrogen deficiency during flowering?

Would anyone recommend that?

if they're drinking, they're healthy and hungry!

sure, you can give them veg nutes if they need nitrogen. I use a 1-2-2 feed throughout my entire grow and it does just find. if I notice substantial yellowing i'll add some diluted urine to the mix.

Really? ive not heard of using urine lol. Does urine contain a load of nitrogen or does it just generally help with yellowing?

urine contains mostly urea, which is mainly nitrogen, but it also every single macro and micro nutrient you need to grow a plant healthy plant.

urea from urine is much higher quality than urea formaldehyde which they use in synthetic fertilizers.

Back
Top Bottom